• Mr. Hyde - and I like it this way!

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Jekyll and Hyde are the same person

Valid Point. ?

Edited by Don Otreply

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

It's a much more reasonable article on Allen than many

OK, good bad and "be's that way" for me:

Good: pointing out that last year's "NFL QB Survival Camp" conducted by the Bills OL and WR corps did Allen no favors for his QB development

" Allen needed work on reading NFL defenses. He needed to learn how to make progressions in his reads and take what the defenses gave him. That’s hard to do when your line can’t block anyone to give you time. That’s also hard to do when you don’t have anyone that can catch the ball and continue drives for you. Allen set rushing records for a quarterback last year not by design, but out of survival. Doing so stunted his progression in the needed areas of his game and caused him to develop a style of play that isn’t sustainable for an NFL quarterback. "
and

" Give him some time. In many ways, he’s ahead of schedule and has exceeded expectations. "

Bad: "He is who we thought he was"

Well, that kind of depends upon who you thought he was.  Since I thought he was inaccurate especially on short/intermediate throws and did not have good "pocket awareness", I've been pleasantly surprised at his ability to sense pressure and adjust within the pocket, and at his improvement in accuracy in those throws he was consistently bad with last year

Be's that way for me: "How to Feel about Josh Allen"

The title grates on me. 

I really don't need someone to tell me how to feel about anything.  Give me some facts and let me make up my mind.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I picked hyde but he is still a very raw player thats developing before our eyes with every snap he takes. 

Once again I'd still rather he be more gambler than a Capt. Checkdown.

Taking points off the board from unnecessary sacks in the redzone and some turnovers are inexcusable. Which it seems he is learning the hard way.

That interception against the titans was not a terrible one imo. Yeldon who is working his way in my doghouse stopped his route as josh was throwing the ball. The safety kept running and made the pick. Plus yeldon misses way more blitz pick ups than he should (i.e. Barkley game ending pick vs the pats) plus more against the titans. 

15 hours ago, Limeaid said:

It Is a good article, but nothing that hasn’t been discussed here many times. Even his most fervent detractors realize there’s a moxy there that is the base of his game. Rein in the glory ball stuff. Theatrics will come by opponents cheating up to cover the short stuff. Josh hates to lose at marbles, softball, golf, football, life. -and he rarely does. How can anyone want more?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

This is the Moment!

I still get chills thinking about Colm Wilkinson belting out that iconic number.

I know most folks think of him as either Jean Valjean or the original POW Phantom, but he was perhaps at his best as Jeckel.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

He needs to be less careless with the football. He sure does have the ability to be great but he beeds to play smarter.

...yup....he needs to play with his head first versus his heart....."game day adrenaline" gets pumping where he thinks he can do it all, wants to it all, but neither are for "ME" or personal accolades....pretty amazing size, speed, agility and cannon arm attributes......it's for his teammates, the city and the fans.....he doesn't want to let anybody down IMO.....trust the other 10 around you big fella.......

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Logic said:

That article....basically told me nothing. I didn't learn anything, gain any new perspective, or come away feeling like I had spent my time wisely. That's not a dig at the OP, it's just a dig at the author. I don't know what the thesis of his article was supposed to be.

I disagree. the author was bottom lining a lot of facts that I tend to think make sense and are relevant  ...I appreciate people who make it plain for we less that football guru type folks...lol

Edited by Margarita
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I didn't see this article posted.  Seems to fit in with the "How to Feel about Josh Allen" theme so thought I'd give this a "bump"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/curtisrush/2019/10/10/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-is-becoming-the-master-of-the-game-winning-drive/#f5a93b6429a9

Points out that Allen has a couple stats indicating his growth as a pro QB.  One of them is the fact that his team is 8-1 in games where he throws only 1 INT.

The other is his game-winning drives.  Good read, check it out