Article: How to Feel About Josh Allen

Is Josh more Jekyll or Hyde?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh more Jekyll or Hyde?

• Doctor Jekyll - We already have a Mr. Hyde
    • Mr. Hyde - and I like it this way!

https://lastwordonprofootball.com/2019/10/08/how-to-feel-about-josh-allen/?fbclid=IwAR2hngetpCq0Z5aeYUuaJkkon5GEycq-GXYO5DfvI2fA06ODuCuojcmAVu8

The Buffalo Bills have played five games and own an impressive 4-1 record. In three of their four victories, quarterback Josh Allen has lead them to victory on game-winning fourth-quarter drives. In those same victories, as well as the other games, he’s made crucial mistakes to the detriment of his team. So what do the Bills have in their second-year quarterback? At this point in his career, Allen’s Jekyll and Hyde performances have raised more questions than answers. By putting Josh Allen’s play into perspective, it begins to paint the picture of the Bills trigger man.

Article was recommended as good article by R. Rich and that is good enough for me.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh is more Jekyll.  His true identity is an enormously-talented, hard-working young quarterback and team leader.  He definitely has his Hyde moments, but they are the aberration.  In fact, he's much better than Jekyll.  Jekyll drank his potion with the specific intention of getting his Hyde on.  Josh is working very hard to tame is Hyde.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

That article....basically told me nothing. I didn't learn anything, gain any new perspective, or come away feeling like I had spent my time wisely. That's not a dig at the OP, it's just a dig at the author. I don't know what the thesis of his article was supposed to be.

• Like (+1) 2

I’d rather he take chances than never take chances, especially considering his level of talent. He’s going to turn it over.  It inevitable. If he can limit it to 1 a game I think we’re contenders.  

He’s exciting.  Enjoy it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"With the Bills looking to make a run at the playoffs this year, Allen’s play will continue to be put under a microscope. As that happens, it’s important to know how to feel and respond accordingly."

Duhh uh, gee thanks.

This article was total crap.

I love some sanctimonious author writing about "how to fell" about Josh Allen.

His conclusions are pretty much the same obvious observations anyone that has any football IQ has had.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh had a renaissance so to speak last season after the Houston game due to injury. When he returned to action it was like he was a totally different QB with a better understanding of the game. Hopefully history repeats itself and he comes back from the bye after reviewing all his brain farts the first 5 games and takes the next step in taking this team to the playoffs and maybe beyond. He strikes me as a willing learner and obviously has the talent and heart.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Lots of talk on “Movin’ the Chains” today about Josh. 

Phil Simms came on. Simms, Kirwin, and Miller all agreed he’s steadily improving and that he’s just got “IT” when it comes to late in games. All were optimistic about him but acknowledge he can be maddening at times. But that the late game clutch moments can make up for quite a bit. 

Simms mentioned he thinks the Pats were lucky to get out of Orchard Park with a win....

basically all things we already knew but nice to see some real football guys not trying to push the old narrative on him. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3