I’m just going to come out and say it - this is the year

16 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think the point of the OP is that they don't have to be near some kind of peak as a team.............they have an easy schedule and a very good defense and the AFC(and NFL on the whole) is full of flawed teams...........the Bills could have a better team 2 seasons from now and get taken down by a tough schedule..........or a dominant team could emerge.

The point about improvement not being linear is basically lost on this board where many members haven't really followed the NFL itself closely since the 90's and still remember the days of teams having to earn their dues with multiple playoff trips to reach a SB.    Just two years ago the Eagles won the SB a season after having a losing record the season before.   The Rams were only 2 seasons removed from being terrible under Jeff Fisher when they made the SB under McVay.   

I don't think the team has to peak or earn their dues, so we are in agreement there.  I do think there are a couple of pieces missing (another DE and DT for sure, possibly OT, possibly WR1), and some that are currently present and need further development (Josh).  I don't think we're far off, the team needs to gel a bit more, especially on offense.  Can this team beat KC as it is right now?  Not out of the question, but not an automatic either.

I hear you with the timing thing with regards to schedule; unfortunately that can't be controlled.  They'll be ready when they're ready.  That said, the NFC West looks to be a monster next year.  No clear powerhouse this year so far in the league as a whole.

Edited by Happy Gilmore

20 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

All good!  Great minds think alike ?  Seriously, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks we're still a little ways off on offense and defense; more so offense.  One aspect that isn't being discussed is special teams.  Is it me or does it seem like Danny Crossman is still the coordinator?

i wanna give heath a chance. are we worse without crossman? would we have gotten better if he'd had stayed? i'm voting no. i like farwell...

.AND I LIKE CHAD HALL TOO MOMMA!... AND HE LIKES ME BACK!....AND HE SHOWED ME HIS DUKE!....AND I LIKE HIM TOO!....ok that might be kinda stupid. i'm bored.

I actually think Vegas's prediction of 6.5 wins for this team was actually kind of ignorant. They didn't look at the bigger picture. They just basically looked at it like "oh, the Bills, 6 wins". I get it based on past experience but it was clear to see with the talent they brought on and the schedule that this was at least a 9 win team. They're gonna lose some money on that and I love it

Edited by Buffalo03

On 10/10/2019 at 12:47 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

This team has what it takes to win 13 games and make a serious run at the AFC Championship.

I’m no homer. Trust me. That said - it’s time we stop being afraid of believing in this team. This isn’t 2004 or 2008 or 2011. 

It’s also time we stop thinking that progress is linear and we aren’t ready yet. Three reasons why 12 wins should be the minimum expectation for this team:

1. The schedule is as easy as it’s going to ever be. Easiest schedule in the NFL going forward. You have to take advantage of that. 

2. The defense is dominant. Third year in this system, they have arrived. Edmunds is on the verge of becoming a perennial All-Pro. Best safety tandem in football. A shut-down corner. And DEPTH. There is no reason for this team to not impose their will on each of the 11 offenses they will face moving forward.

3. The offense is better than they have showed. They aren’t scoring enough points yet. They’re turning it over too much. But they’re moving the ball (12th in total offense). Allen is only going to get better. The brand new pieces should improve as the season goes along. We have seen this offense at its worst - and we have won 4 out of 5 (possibly 5 out of 5 if our QB hadn’t gotten concussed).

No excuses. 12 wins minimum. 

GO! BILLS!

On 10/10/2019 at 9:50 AM, Happy Gilmore said:

I think this will be the key to 12 wins.  Josh and the offense has to get better and not make stupid passes which get picked off.  It will also help having a healthy Singletary.

Having Duke and a healthy Devin will help the offense. Josh has to really ramp up intelligent decisions and generate long time consuming drives. Keep the defense rested. 11-13 wins are very realistic with a 5-1 start. Don't take Miami lightly.....

On 10/11/2019 at 9:45 PM, Thurman#1 said:

You're a homer, you're unrealistic in looking at this offense and STs unit and the schedule late in the year and saying this.

Some people love to spend the offseason kvetching and moaning. Expecting 12 wins minimum will be an excellent way to virtually guarantee that you have that chance and that everyone around you knows you're both irritating and nuts. 12 wins would be spectacular but is still highly unlikely. This season from minute one looked like we had an easy first half and a brutal second half, and that hasn't changed.

This is a young team, still coming together. If Allen had developed faster, this might not have been such a completely wacked out position. But he didn't and it is.

Expect improvement. We've seen it and it should continue, barring serious injuries.

Brutal second half? We have the easiest schedule remaining in the entire league. The second half isn't too hard to win 5 of 8.

This isn't a young team, although it is "coming together" but that doesn't mean they're required to lose 7 or 8 games.

Stop treating this franchise with kid gloves. This staff and quarterback are either good enough or they aren't. If they can't put it together this season with this relatively creampuff schedule then chances are overwhelming that they never will. End of story.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Brutal second half? We have the easiest schedule remaining in the entire league. The second half isn't too hard to win 5 of 8.

This isn't a young team, although it is "coming together" but that doesn't mean they're required to lose 7 or 8 games.

Stop treating this franchise with kid gloves. This staff and quarterback are either good enough or they aren't. If they can't put it together this season with this relatively creampuff schedule then chances are overwhelming that they never will. End of story.

I started the season saying 10-6. I think that is now the floor. This team should be winning 11 games minimum. It has a chance to win 12 or even 13. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I started the season saying 10-6. I think that is now the floor. This team should be winning 11 games minimum. It has a chance to win 12 or even 13. 

The time is now.

The fans here pussyfooting around the thought of being a legit playoff team in 2019 are either too scared to get hurt or have an agenda.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The time is now.

The fans here pussyfooting around the thought of being a legit playoff team in 2019 are either too scared to get hurt or have an agenda.

Yea. I am not expecting them to win a Superbowl but they should have one of the best 3 or 4 records in the AFC and they have a real shot, even if they end up as the #5 seed, of winning a playoff game because the #4 seed is likely the AFCN winner who will not be great. 

On 10/12/2019 at 11:04 AM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

We need Robert Foster back and our line/TEs/RB block better against the blitz. The magic that Josh had to open the field up last year has fizzled as of late now that Brown is being well covered. Foster is another home run guy that makes our WRs even more potent.

Yeah like that’s going to help....how many long balls has Allen connected on this season? Zero. They’ve all been inaccurate throws, mostly too long. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. SpacePuppy said:

Yeah like that’s going to help....how many long balls has Allen connected on this season? Zero. They’ve all been inaccurate throws, mostly too long. 

True. But last year he had a real connection with Foster on the long pass. 

IMO the long pass is the least of my concerns about Josh. He's been concentrating on getting the midrange accuracy down and done quite well. Better than a lot of folks here thought he would do.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

5 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The time is now.

LOL! Zero double digit wins since 1999.....20 years.  I'm playing the odds on this one. 8-8.  Ill be ready with my bucket at the end of the season, I want to taste all of your sweet salty tears after another Bills implosion.  I swear, some of you have been Bills fans for like 5 minutes.

11 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The time is now.

Or are remaining skeptical until they see the bills beat a good team. 

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Whipped dog syndrome.

Joe, a 4-1 record is great and you can only beat the teams in front of you.

The jest, giants, Bengals and titans were all good wins, with INCREDIBLE defensive play.

The patriots was an uncomfortable loss.

The jest, giants, Bengals, titans are not particularly good teams. Under McDermott the bills have done a good job of beating the teams they should beat.

I'm sure you would agree that the ravens, eagles, cowboys are a bigger test as is seeing how they deal with a winning record.

How do the bills deal with being favourites in games? Let's see but great start.

Go bills

Just now, london_bills said:

I'm sure you would agree that the ravens, eagles, cowboys are a bigger test as is seeing how they deal with a winning record.

The only one of those teams with a winning record are the ravens, and they're just not that good, buddy.

Eagles? I live in the Philadelphia area, see a lot of them. They're trash. Cowboys? You DID just see them lose in horrible fashion, yes?

Be a whipped dog, if you want. I won't.

• Like (+1) 1

a legitimate shot ???  to hoist the Lombardi???   

LOL.  

7 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

The only one of those teams with a winning record are the ravens, and they're just not that good, buddy.

Eagles? I live in the Philadelphia area, see a lot of them. They're trash. Cowboys? You DID just see them lose in horrible fashion, yes?

Be a whipped dog, if you want. I won't.

I was on DTV  ch 702 watching 8 games at once.  As I was sliding to audio about, I caught some idiot say this after Lamar threw a pass... LJ doing what he does best???

Maybe I missed the whole conversation ....  but I think I recalled that correctly