I’m just going to come out and say it - this is the year

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Thanks. I didn’t want to show my lack of new idioms in today’s lexicon, but I don’t know what it means, aside from it not sounding favorable.

The " running around like a chicken with its head cut off" is related to the way you 'put down' a chicken. Lay it over a stomp while holding its head. Drop the hatchet and without the head the chicken takes off running while it has no head into everything around. I think nost agree, except for one you called out earlier, this is not Josh.  

2 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

People have been saying it's our year and predicting double digit win totals for 20 years.  Some have been saying it for all of those 20 years.  I'll be the jerk who won't give credit for people finally correctly "predicting" this with educated guesses on an easy schedule.

It's like someone playing the same lottery numbers for 20 years and then finally winning some money saying "ha, I told you these were THE lucky numbers".  I also figured we could lose to the Browns and beat the Cowboys, that's less of a stretch than sweeping the Patriots and taking the first seed after a losing season or something like that.

Wow. You ok? 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

If Allen keeps this play up its going to be very tough to beat this team.  If you play efficient offense both running and throwing along with the smothering defense....wins. 

They have to keep improvising and improving the game. The NFL is a Not For Long league...Teams will figure you out and you have to continue to throw more stuff at them.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....cue up the "Taps" tape....he is in uncharted waters.....and you are VERY easy going.....:thumbsup:

eh, we’ve certainly always seen fan hatred, every sports team has this faction. Given the decades of abject failure, many have adopted ‘they suck at everything they do’ mantra as a way to compartmentalize their reason for following them. My father is one of these folks. But here’s the thing; none of us own the team, hire the GM, coaches or their staffs. We have zero input in what they do as an organization except spend our time & money to  follow our hometown team. The owner saw fit to clean house after less than 2 years of the mediocre Ryan/Whaley era, hiring ‘McBeane’. They immediately altered the team, ridding multiple pro bowlers at WR, DB, DT, LT & QB while orchestrating a highly improbable playoff season. The cleaning continued last year to amass more draft picks than we’ve ever had since the League went to 7 Rounds. Then traded away most of them to move up and draft Allen. Many here opposed the move though again, had zero input. Forced to go to the unproven, unseasoned rookie early became a better plan than sitting him for a couple years. They reaped more rewards with a hard earned FA spending extravaganza this year. The results are in. They’re pretty good and the players’ growth has been nothing short of remarkable. It makes it very easy to spend more of our $$ on them (you should see the Bills Xmas gifts being delivered here every day!). 

So I ask, WHY are there still factions of this ever-improving teams’ fandom who prefer to doubt we’re becoming legit and much of it is due to Allen’s play? Is it a protective Doom Shield? Do they really want another QB? Or are they too stubborn to accept their goddamn early beliefs that the Bills were wrong again, they were right -as usual- and we’ll all be touting their praises in the near future for having tried to tell us so. 

There is currently zero reason to doubt the trajectory of this young team. We may well be in for even greater thrills yet this season, to say nothing of the next few years. 

Silence, troglodytes. A new Day has dawned. Enjoy it.

19 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

eh, we’ve certainly always seen fan hatred, every sports team has this faction. Given the decades of abject failure, many have adopted ‘they suck at everything they do’ mantra as a way to compartmentalize their reason for following them. My father is one of these folks. But here’s the thing; none of us own the team, hire the GM, coaches or their staffs. We have zero input in what they do as an organization except spend our time & money to  follow our hometown team. The owner saw fit to clean house after less than 2 years of the mediocre Ryan/Whaley era, hiring ‘McBeane’. They immediately altered the team, ridding multiple pro bowlers at WR, DB, DT, LT & QB while orchestrating a highly improbable playoff season. The cleaning continued last year to amass more draft picks than we’ve ever had since the League went to 7 Rounds. Then traded away most of them to move up and draft Allen. Many here opposed the move though again, had zero input. Forced to go to the unproven, unseasoned rookie early became a better plan than sitting him for a couple years. They reaped more rewards with a hard earned FA spending extravaganza this year. The results are in. They’re pretty good and the players’ growth has been nothing short of remarkable. It makes it very easy to spend more of our $$ on them (you should see the Bills Xmas gifts being delivered here every day!). 

So I ask, WHY are there still factions of this ever-improving teams’ fandom who prefer to doubt we’re becoming legit and much of it is due to Allen’s play? Is it a protective Doom Shield? Do they really want another QB? Or are they too stubborn to accept their goddamn early beliefs that the Bills were wrong again, they were right -as usual- and we’ll all be touting their praises in the near future for having tried to tell us so. 

There is currently zero reason to doubt the trajectory of this young team. We may well be in for even greater thrills yet this season, to say nothing of the next few years. 

Silence, troglodytes. A new Day has dawned. Enjoy it.

...pretty freakin' sad my friend....almost like they hope the Bills collapse down the stretch so they can say, "see I told you so...they suck".......and it's not only the team, it's INDIVIDUAL players.....pretty bold 'n brassy to be a keyboard coward from under one's desk to launch tirades....and OF COURSE they ALL come back with "mea culpas" when wrong, correct?....but that is the nature of the electronic MB beast......how you guys show up daily to be MODS is beyond me.....special thanks to "Fisher Price Wi-Fi"...SMH...

11 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

You are not a a good moderator. Probably a cool dude, but you seem to be very confrontational here.

You’re welcome to your opinion. I don’t think I’m VERY confrontational, but I do choose when to fight. I think you’d be amazed what moderating entails. It can harden the happiest of people.

I’ll try to be a little more forgiving of non violations I think are simply stupid.?

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

You’re welcome to your opinion. I don’t think I’m VERY confrontational, but I do choose when to fight. I think you’d be amazed what moderating entails. It can harden the happiest of people.

I’ll try to be a little more forgiving of non violations I think are simply stupid.?

Thanks.

Thx. I do appreciate you.

4 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

People have been saying it's our year and predicting double digit win totals for 20 years.  Some have been saying it for all of those 20 years.  I'll be the jerk who won't give credit for people finally correctly "predicting" this with educated guesses on an easy schedule.

It's like someone playing the same lottery numbers for 20 years and then finally winning some money saying "ha, I told you these were THE lucky numbers".  I also figured we could lose to the Browns and beat the Cowboys, that's less of a stretch than sweeping the Patriots and taking the first seed after a losing season or something like that.

You're just jealous

52 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thanks.

No, just continue doing what you’re doing, it keeps the rif raf in check, it also keeps the likes of me in check, makes me use a better vocabulary when disagreeing with that faction of posters.  

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

No, just continue doing what you’re doing, it keeps the rif raf in check, it also keeps the likes of me in check, makes me use a better vocabulary when disagreeing with that faction of posters.  

Go Bills!!!

Agreed. I am next to worthless on this board. Butt....mods should be held to a higher standard. 

I love this board .

9 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I had us 9-3 at this stage but beating the Browns and losing to the Cowboys. The only other time I predicted 10 wins was Rex's first year. 

On 10/10/2019 at 12:47 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

This team has what it takes to win 13 games and make a serious run at the AFC Championship.

I’m no homer. Trust me. That said - it’s time we stop being afraid of believing in this team. This isn’t 2004 or 2008 or 2011. 

It’s also time we stop thinking that progress is linear and we aren’t ready yet. Three reasons why 12 wins should be the minimum expectation for this team:

1. The schedule is as easy as it’s going to ever be. Easiest schedule in the NFL going forward. You have to take advantage of that. 

2. The defense is dominant. Third year in this system, they have arrived. Edmunds is on the verge of becoming a perennial All-Pro. Best safety tandem in football. A shut-down corner. And DEPTH. There is no reason for this team to not impose their will on each of the 11 offenses they will face moving forward.

3. The offense is better than they have showed. They aren’t scoring enough points yet. They’re turning it over too much. But they’re moving the ball (12th in total offense). Allen is only going to get better. The brand new pieces should improve as the season goes along. We have seen this offense at its worst - and we have won 4 out of 5 (possibly 5 out of 5 if our QB hadn’t gotten concussed).

No excuses. 12 wins minimum. 

Honestly, Wayne, I’ve been thinking this the last few days.

Additionally, I am slightly worried that even though our trajectory is going up word we may lose a couple of pieces this off season that might hurt us in the long run.

...if we can get to 13-3, if we can make a run...all in.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts