I’m just going to come out and say it - this is the year

16 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Schedule was set up perfectly. 

Team had plenty of time to work out the kinks in the first 3/4 of the season being a cupcake schedule. Now they're going to the playoffs, and they basically get a playoff pre-season over the next month to see how they compare to the conference contenders with Baltimore and NE, and Pittsburgh and Jets both being exhibition takes on wildcard games. 

They continue to click and improve, and meet their level of competition - which I think they will - then they are as viable as anyone. If they beat Baltimore (coming out game for Edmunds) and NE (if you send this new Allen back in time to the first game, we win)... could you imagine? 

All of the pieces are there for them to get hot at the right time and be that team.

If Steelers beat the Browns today, they will be as equally tough as any other playoff team...and they do have a real defense....

4 hours ago, ganesh said:

How could the AFC hvae been a cupcake...There was:

Marino and the Dolphins

Montana and the Chiefs

Elway with the Broncos

Emerging Bledsoe with Patriots

Esiason with the Bengals and later with Jets,

Part of it was we played the Colts/Pats/Jets every year. There are 4-6 wins per.

Edited by iinii
Grammar

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

How could the AFC hvae been a cupcake...There was:

Marino and the Dolphins

Montana and the Chiefs

Elway with the Broncos

Emerging Bledsoe with Patriots

Esiason with the Bengals and later with Jets,

1990-1993 AFC was a joke.  Glitzy young QB's but mentally and physically soft teams with inferior coaching.

The Bills were no joke.......it's a shame that they didn't break the NFC stranglehold on the SB because they had as much or more talent than ANYONE........but their biggest issue most weeks against the AFC was making sure they showed up. 

Their tendency to play down to the lousy AFC competition from 1991-1993 was maddening.    Whenever I watch the Belichick Pats consistently make sure to finish off the Bills it harkens me back to some of the days the Bills went easy on those sorry old Pats team.   Hugh Millen even took the a SuperBills team to OT one time!   How hughmillenating!   The ultimate was the sorry performance in the 1991 AFC Championship game versus Denver where they played like they had zero interest in returning to the SB.    They should have beaten that team by 30.

But they were sensitive to the idea that they weren't NFC worthy and would get fired up to play the NFC teams in regular season and were actually 14-2 against the NFC in the SB era........which only served to illustrate that those SB losses were half caused by self doubt and by the lack of being battle tested down the stretch.   The NFC teams were building to a crescendo and saying things like "we are competing against our own standard" while Marv was just tryna keep his ridiculously talented team interested for a couple quarters so they could get a big lead and put it in cruise.   

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Guess he's back on the band wagon again. Few weeks ago they were doomed according to Wayne. Back n forth I see lol

15 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The Bills are a roller coaster.

I predicted 11 wins in the pre-season prediction thread.

There's one poster who is 100% on their prediction. Got the Cleveland loss and the Dallas win correct. I think they predicted 12 wins. Gotta find that thread.

People have been saying it's our year and predicting double digit win totals for 20 years.  Some have been saying it for all of those 20 years.  I'll be the jerk who won't give credit for people finally correctly "predicting" this with educated guesses on an easy schedule.

It's like someone playing the same lottery numbers for 20 years and then finally winning some money saying "ha, I told you these were THE lucky numbers".  I also figured we could lose to the Browns and beat the Cowboys, that's less of a stretch than sweeping the Patriots and taking the first seed after a losing season or something like that.

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, and a lot of the Josh Allen haters have disappeared.

I for one have never thought he was the answer, but the consistent level of play lately is changing my mind. All I've wanted was consistency and his disappearance against good to very good defenses wasn't really what I would call promising. We the "haters" haven't really disappeared, but the large volume of "Josh Allen haters" posts have probably just drowned them out. Just wait for a game where he slips up, the pendulum will swing. For the record, I think that Oliver will be a stud and have since before the draft, I think Edmunds is going to be a force at either MLB or OLB for a long time, and I think that Knox has suspect hands that will eventually be his downfall. Oh, and I think that Dawkins might be the most overrated Bill and they need two tackles to really solidify that line. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I for one have never thought he was the answer, but the consistent level of play lately is changing my mind. All I've wanted was consistency and his disappearance against good to very good defenses wasn't really what I would call promising. We the "haters" haven't really disappeared, but the large volume of "Josh Allen haters" posts have probably just drowned them out. Just wait for a game where he slips up, the pendulum will swing. For the record, I think that Oliver will be a stud and have since before the draft, I think Edmunds is going to be a force at either MLB or OLB for a long time, and I think that Knox has suspect hands that will eventually be his downfall. Oh, and I think that Dawkins might be the most overrated Bill and they need two tackles to really solidify that line. 

Not sorry to disappoint you, but if you do crawl out of the woodwork following what now must be considered an ever disappearing poor performance from our 2nd year QB, I’ll tear your Haterass to shreds with facts only the blind refuse to see.

Get on Board or GTFO.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Not sorry to disappoint you, but if you do crawl out of the woodwork following what now must be considered an ever disappearing poor performance from our 2nd year QB, I’ll tear your Haterass to shreds with facts only the blind refuse to see.

Get on Board or GTFO.

Somehow I knew that you of all people would show up for this, because the picture fits. If you don't think that this board will swing after a bad game, you are nuts. That's how it is here, no shades of grey. Clearly anybody pointing out that Allen isn't a god is a "hater" to many on this board, and the constant calls outs depending on results from both sides is annoying at best. You basically overlooked how I said he was changing my mind to find something to argue about. Let me repeat it so we can do this again, his recent level of play has impressed me and has brought the level of consistency that I was seeking. However, anybody who thinks that everyone on this board is just going to stay optimistic after a loss is delusional. 

50 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

You do realize you sound like an..., donkey right? Your type of whiny complaining troupe is the course taken by the weak minds of our world,  

be content in your self imposed low level thoughts, cause that’s all you’ve got evidently. 

Go Bills!!!

11 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Somehow I knew that you of all people would show up for this, because the picture fits. If you don't think that this board will swing after a bad game, you are nuts. That's how it is here, no shades of grey. Clearly anybody pointing out that Allen isn't a god is a "hater" to many on this board, and the constant calls outs depending on results from both sides is annoying at best. You basically overlooked how I said he was changing my mind to find something to argue about. Let me repeat it so we can do this again, his recent level of play has impressed me and has brought the level of consistency that I was seeking. However, anybody who thinks that everyone on this board is just going to stay optimistic after a loss is delusional. 

I don’t overlook anything. Yes, your warped Hater persona has friends here. It’s called a cult. In no way does it make you right nor insightful. There’s other Fan Boards you’ll likely be more welcome to share your Allen Hate. I recommend Boston sites, though I’m sure you’re aware of them. They’ll join you here on the rare occasion a stinker game pops up.  I’ll be here waiting on you.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

From Trogdor’s favorite newspaper, the Boston Globe today

3495C1C4-769D-4DE2-A162-E8FC5F4A5624.jpeg

Seems that writer is a tad jealous that Josh has been playing better than Brady for the last month.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Get on Board or GTFO.

....cue up the "Taps" tape....he is in uncharted waters.....and you are VERY easy going.....:thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Right. Headless chicken? What does that even mean. That usually means aimless running does it not?

Thanks. I didn’t want to show my lack of new idioms in today’s lexicon, but I don’t know what it means, aside from it not sounding favorable.

• Haha (+1) 1