I’m just going to come out and say it - this is the year

13 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I have no problems with people thinking they'll lose one of those games. I DO have a problem with them thinking that any of those teams are in any way something we should fear.

Usually, the reasons given are along the lines of:

1) Oh, they never win in Pittsburgh

2) National TV game in Dallas

etc.

I think last week or the one before I saw a graphic with the Bills behind the Patriots and Chiefs and all the teams below them. My first thought seeing that was I don't seen any team behind them I don't think they can beat. Chiefs have come down to Earth some and seem more vulnerable and the Patriots even struggling are tough but if the Allen and the offense can get in sync I don't see why not.

10 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Deion also mentioned that he thinks the Bills are the team to stop the Patriots, no the Chiefs.  I was surprised (in a good way) to hear this.  Deion went on to mention that the offense, and Josh in particular, does need to stop turning over the ball; which he seemed to suggest this will happen.

With Allen progressing and just a few reinforcements, this is going to happen sooner than later.

Edited by Rocket94

On 10/14/2019 at 12:55 PM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Let me ask you... who is faster, Brown or Foster?

So if Foster is faster than Brown, don't you think Allen's throws become right on the money considering Foster's ability to get to the spot faster?

Hopefully Foster returns and we get that magic back.

This is perhaps one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. We need faster receivers to catch up to the inaccuracies of our quarterback.  That is insane

4 hours ago, Mr. SpacePuppy said:

This is perhaps one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. We need faster receivers to catch up to the inaccuracies of our quarterback.  That is insane

Dumber still is your conclusion that QB-WR timing isn't a factor in completion of deep balls where speed is a factor, so yeah, you get the dunce cap, buddy...

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Guess he's back on the band wagon again. Few weeks ago they were damned by Wayne. Back n forth I see lol

The Bills are a roller coaster.

I predicted 11 wins in the pre-season prediction thread.

There's one poster who is 100% on their prediction. Got the Cleveland loss and the Dallas win correct. I think they predicted 12 wins. Gotta find that thread.

Edited by LeGOATski
  • Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Guess he's back on the band wagon again. Few weeks ago they were doomed according to Wayne. Back n forth I see lol

Bipolar .. there is a bit of it around here as we see in the game thread every week..

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

Maybe it'll be like the Eagles game in 1990.  That was the turning point game for the no huddle and the SB bound Bills.

They were actually 8-2 and well on their way to home field advantage coming into that game.    The turning point was the loss in Miami in week 2.....they won 7 straight after that.   But that Eagles game was definitely entertaining.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Bring on the Ravens.

With both teams hitting their stride, this will be one for the ages.

I'm hoping it becomes the norm.

Every year the Patriots play 4-5 huge games like this...........when you win that happens.

If I had one lament about those early 1990's Bills regular seasons it was that there were too many cupcakes...........we didn't get the week-to-week drama of the better NFC teams.........and while that kind of schedule may have prevented the Bills from reaching 4 straight SB's I think it also lead to them taking a whole lotta' Sundays for granted and eventually they weren't as battle hardened in the SB's.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:47 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

This team has what it takes to win 13 games and make a serious run at the AFC Championship.

I’m no homer. Trust me. That said - it’s time we stop being afraid of believing in this team. This isn’t 2004 or 2008 or 2011. 

It’s also time we stop thinking that progress is linear and we aren’t ready yet. Three reasons why 12 wins should be the minimum expectation for this team:

1. The schedule is as easy as it’s going to ever be. Easiest schedule in the NFL going forward. You have to take advantage of that. 

2. The defense is dominant. Third year in this system, they have arrived. Edmunds is on the verge of becoming a perennial All-Pro. Best safety tandem in football. A shut-down corner. And DEPTH. There is no reason for this team to not impose their will on each of the 11 offenses they will face moving forward.

3. The offense is better than they have showed. They aren’t scoring enough points yet. They’re turning it over too much. But they’re moving the ball (12th in total offense). Allen is only going to get better. The brand new pieces should improve as the season goes along. We have seen this offense at its worst - and we have won 4 out of 5 (possibly 5 out of 5 if our QB hadn’t gotten concussed).

No excuses. 12 wins minimum. 

I said this pre trade deadline.  Which is why I was in favor of making some moves.  We are peaking at the right time and 1 or 2 pieces could put us over the top. Now we have to hope foster Singletary and maybe knox step up to give us enough weapons. 

2 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Guess he's back on the band wagon again. Few weeks ago they were doomed according to Wayne. Back n forth I see lol

Yeah. It's a bit odd. I think Kevin hijacks that account on occasion. Maybe it's the Dad who was angry and bitter like 24/7.

• Haha (+1) 4

On 10/10/2019 at 12:47 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

This team has what it takes to win 13 games and make a serious run at the AFC Championship.

I’m no homer. Trust me. That said - it’s time we stop being afraid of believing in this team. This isn’t 2004 or 2008 or 2011. 

It’s also time we stop thinking that progress is linear and we aren’t ready yet. Three reasons why 12 wins should be the minimum expectation for this team:

1. The schedule is as easy as it’s going to ever be. Easiest schedule in the NFL going forward. You have to take advantage of that. 

2. The defense is dominant. Third year in this system, they have arrived. Edmunds is on the verge of becoming a perennial All-Pro. Best safety tandem in football. A shut-down corner. And DEPTH. There is no reason for this team to not impose their will on each of the 11 offenses they will face moving forward.

3. The offense is better than they have showed. They aren’t scoring enough points yet. They’re turning it over too much. But they’re moving the ball (12th in total offense). Allen is only going to get better. The brand new pieces should improve as the season goes along. We have seen this offense at its worst - and we have won 4 out of 5 (possibly 5 out of 5 if our QB hadn’t gotten concussed).

No excuses. 12 wins minimum. 

Edited by billsbackto81

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm hoping it becomes the norm.

Every year the Patriots play 4-5 huge games like this...........when you win that happens.

If I had one lament about those early 1990's Bills regular seasons it was that there were too many cupcakes...........we didn't get the week-to-week drama of the better NFC teams.........and while that kind of schedule may have prevented the Bills from reaching 4 straight SB's I think it also lead to them taking a whole lotta' Sundays for granted and eventually they weren't as battle hardened in the SB's.

How could the AFC hvae been a cupcake...There was:

Marino and the Dolphins

Montana and the Chiefs

Elway with the Broncos

Emerging Bledsoe with Patriots

Esiason with the Bengals and later with Jets,

Schedule was set up perfectly. 

Team had plenty of time to work out the kinks in the first 3/4 of the season being a cupcake schedule. Now they're going to the playoffs, and they basically get a playoff pre-season over the next month to see how they compare to the conference contenders with Baltimore and NE, and Pittsburgh and Jets both being exhibition takes on wildcard games. 

They continue to click and improve, and meet their level of competition - which I think they will - then they are as viable as anyone. If they beat Baltimore (coming out game for Edmunds) and NE (if you send this new Allen back in time to the first game, we win)... could you imagine? 

All of the pieces are there for them to get hot at the right time and be that team.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I said this pre trade deadline.  Which is why I was in favor of making some moves.  We are peaking at the right time and 1 or 2 pieces could put us over the top. Now we have to hope foster Singletary and maybe knox step up to give us enough weapons. 

I don't know that they're really missing anything. They just need a few more players to elevate to their next level. Part of it is just cohesion. They need to get to a point, and I think they are maybe there, where the level of performance against Dallas is their new floor. 

If the O-Line can make the same strides like the D-Line has the last few weeks, as Ford gets more game reps... 

If the LBs take the next step, Milano and Edmunds hit the explosive plays and also cut down on mistakes/overpursuits... 

If Knox stops the drops...

Offense still has not played their best game of the season. I think Allen will have at least one 300 yard game in the next month. This team is going to be really exciting to watch the rest of the year.