I’m just going to come out and say it - this is the year

13 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

The only one of those teams with a winning record are the ravens, and they're just not that good, buddy.

Eagles? I live in the Philadelphia area, see a lot of them. They're trash. Cowboys? You DID just see them lose in horrible fashion, yes?

Be a whipped dog, if you want. I won't.

Whipped dog syndrome or passionate non thinking fan syndrome?

These are bigger tests than what has been played so far because the bills will be expected to win and therefore be under more pressure with a QB who is still developing. It's a logical argument. If you dont see that then you need an IQ test.

Don't get this confused with me not expecting the bills to have a winning record now and getting into the post season. But yes I am skeptical.

Edited by london_bills

1 minute ago, london_bills said:

Whipped dog syndrome or passionate non thinking fan syndrome?

These are bigger tests than what has been played so far because the bills will be expected to win and therefore be under more pressure with a QB who is still developing. It's a logical argument. If you dont see that then you need an IQ test.

Don't get this confused with me not expecting the bills to have a winning record now and getting into the post season. But yes I am skeptical.

OK, let's hear your "logic" as to why those will be challenges because the Bills will be favored.

This should be good.

12 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

The only one of those teams with a winning record are the ravens, and they're just not that good, buddy.

Eagles? I live in the Philadelphia area, see a lot of them. They're trash. Cowboys? You DID just see them lose in horrible fashion, yes?

Be a whipped dog, if you want. I won't.

I’m all in on this season. I really can’t stand the whole “wait and see” approach to being a fan. People missed out on the whole 2017 season because of that nonsense.... 

that being said. It’s still ok to realize they need to beat some better competition and those teams are at least solid... describing the eagles as “garbage” is a bit excessive IMO. That will be a tough game win or lose, I think.... if we can take 2 of those 3 i’d be happy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

describing the eagles as “garbage” is a bit excessive IMO.

Really? You watch a lot of Eagles games? This is a team that just surrendered 330+ yards to KIRK COUSINS.

Hell, even the people around HERE are starting to call for Pederson's head.

Cowboys are 3-3. Eagles are 3-3. Ravens are 4-2. Cowboys game is away on national TV. Total 10-8 record. Eagles won the Superbowl two years ago. I understand it is not the exact same team. Same head coach. Ravens have same head coach that won them the Superbowl.

Teams we have beaten this season have a combined record of 4-18.

Like I say the expectation will change around the bills and its how they can cope with that. Statistically the eagles, ravens, cowboys are better teams than they have played. With 3 good QBs aswell.

The way the league works is you beat teams who are more respectable and you get more respect. As we know at the moment everyone's really ignoring the bills like they do.

My point is that these are harder games than the first 4 wins.

2 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Cowboys are 3-3. Eagles are 3-3. Ravens are 4-2. Cowboys game is away on national TV. Total 10-8 record. Eagles won the Superbowl two years ago. I understand it is not the exact same team. Same head coach. Ravens have same head coach that won them the Superbowl.

Teams we have beaten this season have a combined record of 4-18.

Like I say the expectation will change around the bills and its how they can cope with that. Statistically the eagles, ravens, cowboys are better teams than they have played. With 3 good QBs aswell.

The way the league works is you beat teams who are more respectable and you get more respect. As we know at the moment everyone's really ignoring the bills like they do.

My point is that these are harder games than the first 4 wins.

Sorry, but I'm not a believer in Dak, Carson Wentz OR Lamar Jackson, especially not against this defense.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, london_bills said:

Sure, but you can see the other points.

Not really, no. In the NFL, you beat the teams put in front of you or you don't. There's no style points, no rankings, no committees. If McDermott and staff have shown us anything, they're prepared, balanced and never get too high or too low. They SHOULD have beat the Patriots, and I think if Josh had completed the game, they would have.

This is a VERY good team, and anyone who disagrees is living in the past rather than the now.

• Like (+1) 3

McDermott Will be fully aware of how tough this stretch will be. He will not be thinking we have made the playoffs now.

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Not really, no. In the NFL, you beat the teams put in front of you or you don't. There's no style points, no rankings, no committees. If McDermott and staff have shown us anything, they're prepared, balanced and never get too high or too low. They SHOULD have beat the Patriots, and I think if Josh had completed the game, they would have.

This is a VERY good team, and anyone who disagrees is living in the past rather than the now.

I do not agree at this point that this is a VERY good team  - yet.

It is a VERY good defense.

8 hours ago, Mr. SpacePuppy said:

LOL! Zero double digit wins since 1999.....20 years.  I'm playing the odds on this one. 8-8.  Ill be ready with my bucket at the end of the season, I want to taste all of your sweet salty tears after another Bills implosion.  I swear, some of you have been Bills fans for like 5 minutes.

None of those teams have anything to do with this team.

I'm a man who's not ashamed to cry. But I don't cry over the Bills until they win the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Really? You watch a lot of Eagles games? This is a team that just surrendered 330+ yards to KIRK COUSINS.

Hell, even the people around HERE are starting to call for Pederson's head.

they are 3-3. that's not garbage, man... I will say their pass d is a freaking leaky sieve. 

I'm excited about the prospects of 3 straight "get right" games for the offense. but it wont surprise me if we lose that eagles game. They can hang with anyone on a good day.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

you are being sort of stubborn on this I think. I can believe the bills are a very good team and still not be surprised if they those a game out of the three being mentioned. 

odds are they don't win all of those games. have you not watched the NFL over the last 20 years? parity, man. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

odds are they don't win all of those games. have you not watched the NFL over the last 20 years? parity, man. 

I have no problems with people thinking they'll lose one of those games. I DO have a problem with them thinking that any of those teams are in any way something we should fear.

Usually, the reasons given are along the lines of:

1) Oh, they never win in Pittsburgh

2) National TV game in Dallas

etc.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I have no problems with people thinking they'll lose one of those games. I DO have a problem with them thinking that any of those teams are in any way something we should fear.

etc.

Fair enough. I don’t see a team we should be scared of the rest of the way out(NE included).... but they are gonna lose a couple of those games. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, london_bills said:

McDermott Will be fully aware of how tough this stretch will be. He will not be thinking we have made the playoffs now.

I do not agree at this point that this is a VERY good team  - yet.

It is a VERY good defense.

The Bills are becoming a very good team...they are trying to figure themselves out.

14 hours ago, Mr. SpacePuppy said:

Yeah like that’s going to help....how many long balls has Allen connected on this season? Zero. They’ve all been inaccurate throws, mostly too long. 

Let me ask you... who is faster, Brown or Foster?

So if Foster is faster than Brown, don't you think Allen's throws become right on the money considering Foster's ability to get to the spot faster?

Hopefully Foster returns and we get that magic back.

3 hours ago, the skycap said:

The greatest CB in NFL history said on his show "PrimeTime" that if the young QB stop turning over the ball that the Bills can be contenders for the SB.

Deion also mentioned that he thinks the Bills are the team to stop the Patriots, no the Chiefs.  I was surprised (in a good way) to hear this.  Deion went on to mention that the offense, and Josh in particular, does need to stop turning over the ball; which he seemed to suggest this will happen.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

etc.

I personally see you as being more emotional about this argument than me.

No one's saying the bills should fear these teams mate, but they are BETTER teams than who the bills have faced so far. Look at the records.

Like another poster said, recognize your stubbornness. ?