I’m just going to come out and say it - this is the year

14 minutes ago, FLFan said:

At this point, less than 11 wins with this team would be a disappointment.  Far from being discouraged by the NE performance, I saw evidence that this team could beat anyone.  The offense needs to progress, but that was always going to be a work in progress this season.  People should not be giving up on the division just yet.  

I'm just hoping brady is not hurt before dec. 22. I want this team to have another shot and regardless of those that believe he is invincible, by week 16 he'll be feeling the stretch and may be more vulnerable for the take down. this team is going to be pumped up for that road game!

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

This is why I keep saying go get green for a run...the table hasn't been set like this for 25 years.   Take advantage of it. 

there was a lot of discussion on wgr about what the bills might/should do with one of a few possible trades. i get the green argument, but for the money and who knows if you'll get 2 games or 2 yrs. and that's if you can sign him beyond this year. i say no....fagettaboutit.

however, von miller on this line? chicago gave 2 1sts for mack and look what it did for them last year. we could move shaq or better yet, slide him into the dt even if it means much less snaps.  as far as diggs, i think i'd rather wait until draft/fa time. so my vote would be for von miller. this d would be sick.

if they can incorporate the talent they have...duke /foster isaiah  along with b&b, they'll get much better. i'm fine with knox and sweeney ,just gotta have josh connect.

Edited by billsredneck1

20 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

Easy there big shoots.  This is like 1988 to the SB era Bills. Give it another year.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take just a flat out one and done SB win.

This is where I'm at.  I love the moment but I'm going to be cautiously optimistic regarding how this year turns out.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Exactly!  

After this much playing time, EJ Manuel was already finished as the QB of the Buffalo Bills.

We should know all we need to know about Josh at the end of this year, and be prepared to move forward according to what we find out.

Consistency has to be shown IMO and he can't still be making dumb decisions that are dismissed as "learning experiences". 

He should be beyond that stuff already.

Playoff success will depend on most every position on the offensive squad.  All positions will have to play better than they have so far this year.

Edited by Pokebball

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'm just hoping brady is not hurt before dec. 22. I want this team to have another shot and regardless of those that believe he is invincible, by week 16 he'll be feeling the stretch and may be more vulnerable for the take down. this team is going to be pumped up for that road game!

I know. This remains unfinished business. The Bills have a score to settle with the Pats. It needs to happen sooner than later.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bangarang said:

This team will go as far as Allen takes us. With our schedule and defense, 10 wins should be the floor. If Allen can tone down the turnovers then we can beat anyone.

Agreed. The team is solid. I trust McDermott to get the most out of the talent provided. The defense is great. There is a solid, unspectacular supporting cast on offense. This season will ultimately be defined by Allen's growth or lack there of. There are no glaring deficiencies and given the schedule, there is every reason to believe this team should be comfortably in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 3

17 hours ago, the skycap said:

Can happen. Josh would have to play the Big Ben role. 

Not even that. If the D is going to continue it's early season form all he has to be is 2017 Blake Bortles. 

Wayne, Wayne , Wayne...

You can't just come out and say this stuff, you need a sneaky blog with a fictitious user name

This way, the board can't track you down later...

Image result for sneaky gif

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 1

We can and should win above 10 games and make the playoffs...anything else is gravy.

Remember, we have a QB who is without a doubt a PROJECT QB that is just now entering his "2nd year" when it comes to starts in the NFL. He is no where near a finished product, and played all of last year with the cupboards bare around him on offense. The fact that he wasnt completely RUINED by having to play at all with that bum squad last year is a miracle in itself, and a testament to his ability and character. This year he has a completely new offense around him, and the scheme and plays have altered as well to fit the new talent level. It is no surprise we aren't lighting up scoreboards. That might happen in a few games this year as he limits turnovers and the rest of the offense limits their drive killing mistakes. 

Our offense right now is better than the Ravens offense that won the superbowl in 2000. Different eras, different teams, different situations, but you can still win a superbowl with lights out defense and an OK offense (and vice versa). I think this offense will 100% improve throughout the season, we are still yet halfway through the season. The offense has so much potential, and it is going to be a collective effort to clean up the mistakes NO DOUBT, but Josh will be the determining factor in how far we go.

I have faith in Josh. This team will make the playoffs and then anything can happen, home or away. 

(as far as the schedule in 2020, we get the Chiefs/Seahawks/Rams at home, so thats good...we travel out west but its to face the Raiders and Cardinals and Chargers...not really the hardest road trips out west. And the NFL is so up and down every year who knows. Its foolish to look ahead and say "this has to be our year because next years schedule is tough".)

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Agreed. The team is solid. I trust McDermott to get the most out of the talent provided. The defense is great. There is a solid, unspectacular supporting cast on offense. This season will ultimately be defined by Allen's growth or lack there of. There are no glaring deficiencies and given the schedule, there is every reason to believe this team should be comfortably in the playoffs.

I don't know.  If Trent Dilfer can win a SB with a monster D, why can't Josh?

14 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

The 2000 Raven's D was probably a little better than ours right now.  We have a very good D, but still a good DE (and probably DT, Star has to do more than eat space) away from that equivalent.  Trent Dilfer was a more mature QB than Josh is at this point.  Dilfer was a game manager who did not make mistakes, Josh will never be that and makes too many dumb mistakes at this time in his career.

It would be nice to go to the SB this year, but I think it is probably too soon to expect that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

It's going to be turnovers in the end. We're 1-6 when he has multiple turnovers. 8-1 in 1 turnover or less games and 8-0 if he scores a TD in those games. 

• Like (+1) 2