I’m just going to come out and say it - this is the year

3 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Unless Allen improves and cuts down on the stupid INTs there’s no way they’ll get to 12/13 wins.  The way they are winning now is not sustainable long term.  Offense needs to find a way to score some more points.  

I think if he plays like he did against Tennessee we will win 11 or 12 games. If he reverts back it will be 9 or 10. The season is in his hands.

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

one

game

at

time.

...yup...from where we were to where we could be, first WC seed with a 10-6 record would be one helluva accomplishment in 2019.....NEXT step if this happens would be a shot at the AFCE crown in 2020......

39 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I think some people are getting way ahead of themselves. We are at the quarter pole and people are seriously discussing our playoff seeding?? Yeah, I'm optimistic we have a shot at making the playoffs but I don't even look at the Miami game as a given W. We are going to have bounces that don't go our way, games where our D is not as dominant, injuries of unknown impact/duration.

Obviously it's the offense that will most determine our fate assuming the D continues a high level of play. If he cuts down on the TOs, I think we have a wild card shot. If he make a leap over the next 8 games, we could make some noise. 

That's a long ways off though. Let's just beat Miami next week.

good post...

and at your avatar...

giphy.gif

36 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

I’m not sure why it put my name in the quote but both came from you.

I'm not getting your point.  I guess your point is that JA should be developed and performing like a veteran 5 games into this season.  Help me understand our differences.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah next year the team could be a lot better I think they'll make some more moves to finish building the offense so it can carry it's share of the weight. Though with how the schedule is from this year to next year the records might not completely reflect them being better next year.

They could be better next year and win fewer games. That is possible depending on how things go. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I'm not getting your point.  I guess your point is that JA should be developed and performing like a veteran 5 games into this season.  Help me understand our differences.

This is year 2 for Allen, not just “5 games”.

By the end of the year we should see a QB that is stablished.

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Offseason additions for OT, WR and DE should just about complete it..

Even if their record is slightly worse next year, they will have a better chance of beating the elite teams in the playoffs which is what it’s all about...

Issue is the league will not be this up for grabs next year.   We can beat the elite teams this year.   With even average play from allen we beat the Pat's 2 games ago and no one else really scares me...including the chiefs. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

This is the 5th game into year 2.  I guess we both agree that he should be established by the end of year 2 and not by the 5th game then.  Like I said, I said.  I'll buy the beer!

Man, some of these discussions sure get wonky!

Edited by Pokebball

15 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Exactly!  

After this much playing time, EJ Manuel was already finished as the QB of the Buffalo Bills.

We should know all we need to know about Josh at the end of this year, and be prepared to move forward according to what we find out.

Consistency has to be shown IMO and he can't still be making dumb decisions that are dismissed as "learning experiences". 

He should be beyond that stuff already.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Exactly!  

After this much playing time, EJ Manuel was already finished as the QB of the Buffalo Bills.

We should know all we need to know about Josh at the end of this year, and be prepared to move forward according to what we find out.

Consistency has to be shown IMO and he can't still be making dumb decisions that are dismissed as "learning experiences". 

Let's see where we are then, at the end of this year.

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Exactly!  

This seems to be a bit of a theme with your posts so wanted to reply.

I actually was on the be patient with EJ band wagon back in the day.

It was not till I spoke with a friend of mine who has close ties to a bunch of New Orleans players that attended a regular off season training camp with some Bills players.

Told me I needed to give that up because even the Bills players were frustrated with E.J. because he could not pickup an NFL playbook and coaches were having to dumb things down to half-field reads.

Badol said about the same thing a million times, but my rule of thumb was and still is to disagree with him - always?

Hearing it again from an outsider just confirmed it was time to move on.

Apples and oranges trying to compare Allen to EJ. Daboll has one of the more complicated offenses in the league and Josh is grasping it and when given time, is going to his 3rd or 4th read.

Time to let it go, or try a new argument.

• Thank you (+1) 2

At this point, less than 11 wins with this team would be a disappointment.  Far from being discouraged by the NE performance, I saw evidence that this team could beat anyone.  The offense needs to progress, but that was always going to be a work in progress this season.  People should not be giving up on the division just yet.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FLFan said:

At this point, less than 11 wins with this team would be a disappointment.  Far from being discouraged by the NE performance, I saw evidence that this team could beat anyone.  The offense needs to progress, but that was always going to be a work in progress this season.  People should not be giving up on the division just yet.  

I'm certainly not giving up.  I'm as hopeful as the next guy.  I agree that the Bill's success this year depends on the offense coming together and getting on the same page.  With 8 new guys, that is a tall order.  I hope they do and I am encouraged.  I guess I'm saying I'm not going to be disappointing, like I believe some posters will be, if they don't.  I want to see continued progress all across the offense, including Allen.  I think the interior of the O line is pretty salty.  All other aspects have to get better in order to win the division.