I’m just going to come out and say it - this is the year

29 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’m going to come out and say it...

The Bills will be even better next year...

Im never concerned about the schedule in advance of the season starting..

Yeah next year the team could be a lot better I think they'll make some more moves to finish building the offense so it can carry it's share of the weight. Though with how the schedule is from this year to next year the records might not completely reflect them being better next year.

I'm not calling anything until they stamp their ticket to the playoffs.  Too many times I have gotten overexcited with this team and too many times, I have been let down.  See 2007, 2011.  I'll take it one game at a time.  Then let's move on to the next opponent. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I feel bad feel bad for the future of this thread

Image result for jimmy two times gif

3 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

You know sometimes I can be a sadistic !@#$%.

I just wonder what this place will be like if we get blown out by the dolphins at home? Can you imagine the carnage? 

Image result for confused gif

We move the ball but dont score because of bad sacks and turnovers. Josh needs to do a better job of that, Tennessee was a great step in the right direction with the slides and throw aways but it still didnt lead to points.

When we get start scoring more ill believe we win more than 9 games.

2 hours ago, Bring it said:

You could be right! I don’t know about winning the division but hosting a wild card game is a definite possibility! With a great defense, which travels well usually. We could conceivably get to the AFC championship! What a great way to stick it to the Pats but to beat them to advance to the Super Bowl!! 

One can dream can’t I?

If the Bills don't win the AFC-E division, then they can't host a wild card team.

Not trying to state the obvious here, but a wild card team's only possibility of a home game is if both of them meet in the conference championship (which could, but as yet has never happened.)

9 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

You know sometimes I can be a sadistic !@#$%.

I just wonder what this place will be like if we get blown out by the dolphins at home? Can you imagine the carnage? 

I'm afraid my imagination can't/wont go there.

could it happen? of course and it would likely create some carnage, for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sunshower said:

My original prediction was 11-5, but Allen needs to: #1 Generate more points and #2 Limit those boneheaded interceptions. We need him to really grow and come into his own as a man. He is still a very young QB, we must be patient with him but I do think he’s the guy. We need like 22-23TDs and 10-12INTs along with some rushing TDs and I think we can win the AFC EAST.

Do you think this is a reasonable expectation for a soph QB?  When JA was drafted, I thought the best path for his development was to sit for a year, then start this year with it being another development year for him, with plenty of growing pains; pains that needed to happen towards his growth into the QB we all want him to be.  He's gotten tossed into the fire early with expectations beyond anything I certainly thought reasonable for his second year with the Bills. 

And I don't think this is only about JA.  There are eight new guys around him on O and they are all learning how to play with each other.  I thought we would be a good 6-8 games into the season before they became even somewhat a cohesive, collaborative, unit.  I believe the Bill's O leads the league in false starts.  There have been a number of plays in each of our last few games that confirm for me that they are not all on the same page yet.  That is going to have to happen before we can get some more scores out of JA and the O.  One of JAs strengths is his scrambling.  Our WRs have to learn to extend their plays to compliment JA's scrambling and this is a deficit to our offense yet today.  Case in point, Yeldon had a good chance of making that catch last week, or at a minimum preventing the interception.  Our O is still adapting to the fact that JA can extend many plays with his athletic ability.  Lineman, backs and WRs jobs need to be a good 5 seconds longer each snap.  As all of them learn to extend their play, more good things will happen.

Alternatively, we can coach JA to not extend plays.  If that's were we go, I think we're giving up a significant advantage we have with him behind center.  And this isn't a choice between him throwing good or bad passes.  That exists whether we extend plays or not.  My point here is that extending plays doesn't mean we get more bad passes out of JA.  That improvement from JA needs to happen either way we go.

I love the excitement and expectations.  I think it's important to understand it may be too much too soon.

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

Do you think this is a reasonable expectation for a soph QB?  When JA was drafted, I thought the best path for his development was to sit for a year, then start this year with it being another development year for him, with plenty of growing pains; pains that needed to happen towards his growth into the QB we all want him to be.  He's gotten tossed into the fire early with expectations beyond anything I certainly thought reasonable for his second year with the Bills. 

And I don't think this is only about JA.  There are eight new guys around him on O and they are all learning how to play with each other.  I thought we would be a good 6-8 games into the season before they became even somewhat a cohesive, collaborative, unit.  I believe the Bill's O leads the league in false starts.  There have been a number of plays in each of our last few games that confirm for me that they are not all on the same page yet.  That is going to have to happen before we can get some more scores out of JA and the O.  One of JAs strengths is his scrambling.  Our WRs have to learn to extend their plays to compliment JA's scrambling and this is a deficit to our offense yet today.  Case in point, Yeldon had a good chance of making that catch last week, or at a minimum preventing the interception.  Our O is still adapting to the fact that JA can extend many plays with his athletic ability.  Lineman, backs and WRs jobs need to be a good 5 seconds longer each snap.  As all of them learn to extend their play, more good things will happen.

Alternatively, we can coach JA to not extend plays.  If that's were we go, I think we're giving up a significant advantage we have with him behind center.  And this isn't a choice between him throwing good or bad passes.  That exists whether we extend plays or not.  My point here is that extending plays doesn't mean we get more bad passes out of JA.  That improvement from JA needs to happen either way we go.

I love the excitement and expectations.  I think it's important to understand it may be too much too soon.

I think 1 year is a lot of time for a QB to develop, if your QB hasn’t developed by the end of 2 years, I think fear should set in.

35 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah next year the team could be a lot better I think they'll make some more moves to finish building the offense so it can carry it's share of the weight. Though with how the schedule is from this year to next year the records might not completely reflect them being better next year.

Offseason additions for OT, WR and DE should just about complete it..

Even if their record is slightly worse next year, they will have a better chance of beating the elite teams in the playoffs which is what it’s all about...

36 minutes ago, sir andrew said:

I'm not calling anything until they stamp their ticket to the playoffs.  Too many times I have gotten overexcited with this team and too many times, I have been let down.  See 2007, 2011.  I'll take it one game at a time.  Then let's move on to the next opponent. 

This is NOT 2007 , 2011 team 

I can’t see this being “the year” they make any real noise. Not from what I have watched anyways. The pieces are there, the team is in great shape. All this playing to the level of your opponent stuff and of course Allen’s hit and miss style of play gives me concern they can’t really hang come playoff time. I would need to see way better execution and explosiveness from the offense 

I think some people are getting way ahead of themselves. We are at the quarter pole and people are seriously discussing our playoff seeding?? Yeah, I'm optimistic we have a shot at making the playoffs but I don't even look at the Miami game as a given W. We are going to have bounces that don't go our way, games where our D is not as dominant, injuries of unknown impact/duration.

Obviously it's the offense that will most determine our fate assuming the D continues a high level of play. If he cuts down on the TOs, I think we have a wild card shot. If he make a leap over the next 8 games, we could make some noise. 

That's a long ways off though. Let's just beat Miami next week.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

12 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I believe this is exactly what I said.

I’m not sure why it put my name in the quote but both came from you.

Edited by Sunshower

Some people scoff at predictions of the AFC championship game. But when you think that this team SHOULD get to the playoffs this year, given the 4-1 start and the weak schedule, it really isn't so crazy.

Even as a wildcard, this is the sort of team who could give much better teams nightmares in the playoffs because of that defense. If Singletary recovers fully and gets more integrated into the offense then a 1 - 2 punch of him and Gore could really sh*t on a lot of teams new years

I like the optimism here!  and I'm with it.

The one thing tho, we have to beat NE in NE, be it in reg season to get a home playoff run, or in the playoffs because we don't.

we do need all kinds of other things and lots of wins to ball out, that is totally true, but if we can't bring the wood to NE, then this season ends with a loss or no playoffs.