I’m just going to come out and say it - this is the year

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

My answer to why not us is that we have to find a way to beat the Patriots. And until we do it I am going to continue to doubt their ability to do it.

And that is a reasonable answer that I don't believe anyone can argue with. I do believe we have assembled a team that can do it though as long as they 1) don't shoot themselves in the foot and 2) make the most of their opportunities. 

Just now, CLTbills said:

At the end of the day... we held the GOAT to nine points.

I have complete faith that we can hold Dak Prescott and Lamar Jackson and Carson Wentz to under 20.

Yeah, they don't scare me too much either.

And the other thing is, only Baltimore on that list has a defense that really worries me. I know gunnerbill and some others like Dallas' defense, but I'm not impressed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

And the other thing is, only Baltimore on that list has a defense that really worries me. I know gunnerbill and some others like Dallas' defense, but I'm not impressed.

Yeah... if they can get the offense to 21-24 ppg, I don’t know how we possibly lose a game. 

Yes, I know we’re not going to go 15-1 but... the point is, we will absolutely b in every single game with a shot to win. 

There will be no blowouts against this squad.

I can see playoffs for sure.  As long as Josh continues to progress and the defense continues to fire on all cylinders we are making the post season.  I think the thing Josh has to figure out now, is the BB/Patriots defensive plan for him.  If he can figure that out, we could be looking at AFC East Champions.  But he's gotta figure that out.

9 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

That Baltimore defense has been pretty crappy thus far. They are in the 20's in total defense this year and have gotten shredded in a couple of games. Lamar Jackson worries me because of his legs and not his arm. Either way, I believe every game on our schedule is winnable where I wouldn't have had the slightest bit of confidence in saying that years past. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't know if you're purposely being obtuse or if you just don't understand my point. We are 12th in the league in yards per game and we're 26th in points per game. That's because we aren't finishing drives.

That is absolutely correct. 18 drives ending in opponent' territory (15 inside the 40) with no points over the first five games. It is not all on Allen, I have looked at everyone of those drives and there is plenty of room for blame: turnovers, penalties, drops, sacks, etc. They can move the ball. Their problem has come in finishing those drives for scores.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

It has taken a long time for me in my Bills fandom (since 2002) to feel like we have the right General Manager, the right Head Coach and the right Quarterback. 

I don't think this is a one off like 2017. I think this is the start of a team that is going to be competitive for a decent stretch. Can they go from competitive to a Championship team? To be confirmed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Gotta hope everybody still says healthy but agree with the OP.  Hopefully there not gonna be happy winning 9 games and sneaking into the playoffs 

No sneaking. This defense deserves playoffs.  3rd best record in the league thanks to them. 

14 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Dallas's defense is good. It isn't in the conversation for best in the league in the way the Bills are... but they are 6th in yards and 7th in points. I think they will be a top 10 / top 12 defense.

They are very talented up front and at linebacker. They are more vulnerable in the secondary. 

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

This team has what it takes to win 13 games and make a serious run at the AFC Championship.

I’m no homer. Trust me. That said - it’s time we stop being afraid of believing in this team. This isn’t 2004 or 2008 or 2011. 

It’s also time we stop thinking that progress is linear and we aren’t ready yet. Three reasons why 12 wins should be the minimum expectation for this team:

1. The schedule is as easy as it’s going to ever be. Easiest schedule in the NFL going forward. You have to take advantage of that. 

2. The defense is dominant. Third year in this system, they have arrived. Edmunds is on the verge of becoming a perennial All-Pro. Best safety tandem in football. A shut-down corner. And DEPTH. There is no reason for this team to not impose their will on each of the 11 offenses they will face moving forward.

3. The offense is better than they have showed. They aren’t scoring enough points yet. They’re turning it over too much. But they’re moving the ball (12th in total offense). Allen is only going to get better. The brand new pieces should improve as the season goes along. We have seen this offense at its worst - and we have won 4 out of 5 (possibly 5 out of 5 if our QB hadn’t gotten concussed).

No excuses. 12 wins minimum. 

I’m glad you came out , BUT are you SURE that’s all there is ??? 

Man, this is going to feel like the longest bye week ever. I know this is important for them to rest and such. I can't wait another 10 days to see what this team does next. And then, after we play the dolphins, the game against the Eagles, could have as much hype going into it, as the Bills Vs. Patriots game did earlier.

Edited by wagon127

Just now, wagon127 said:

Man, this is going to feel like the longest bye week ever. I know this is important for them to rest and such. I can't wait another 10 days to see what this team does next. And that game against the Eagles could have as much hype going into it, as the Bills Vs. Patriots game did earlier.

I want to see them be really dominant against the Dolphins. I want to see them shut the Dolphins down (keep them below 12) and score at least 30. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, MyDogLuvsPB said:

It's way too premature to make predictions.  However, if everything falls our way we "should' make the playoffs and at least host 1 game.  Sadly, we can't be the 1st or 2nd seed unless we win the division. 

1. Highest seed in any playoff game is the home team. 

2. The 6th seed can never host a game because it is always the lowest seed.

3. 5th seed will only host a game if they are playing the 6th seed.

4. The only way the 5th and 6th seeds play a playoff game against each other is if both make it to the conference championship.