I’m just going to come out and say it - this is the year

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

3. The offense is better than they have showed. They aren’t scoring enough points yet. They’re turning it over too much. But they’re moving the ball (12th in total offense). Allen is only going to get better. The brand new pieces should improve as the season goes along. We have seen this offense at its worst - and we have won 4 out of 5 (possibly 5 out of 5 if our QB hadn’t gotten concussed).

I think this will be the key to 12 wins.  Josh and the offense has to get better and not make stupid passes which get picked off.  It will also help having a healthy Singletary.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

This team has what it takes to win 13 games and make a serious run at the AFC Championship.

I’m no homer. Trust me. That said - it’s time we stop being afraid of believing in this team. This isn’t 2004 or 2008 or 2011. 

It’s also time we stop thinking that progress is linear and we aren’t ready yet. Three reasons why 12 wins should be the minimum expectation for this team:

1. The schedule is as easy as it’s going to ever be. Easiest schedule in the NFL going forward. You have to take advantage of that. 

2. The defense is dominant. Third year in this system, they have arrived. Edmunds is on the verge of becoming a perennial All-Pro. Best safety tandem in football. A shut-down corner. And DEPTH. There is no reason for this team to not impose their will on each of the 11 offenses they will face moving forward.

3. The offense is better than they have showed. They aren’t scoring enough points yet. They’re turning it over too much. But they’re moving the ball (12th in total offense). Allen is only going to get better. The brand new pieces should improve as the season goes along. We have seen this offense at its worst - and we have won 4 out of 5 (possibly 5 out of 5 if our QB hadn’t gotten concussed).

No excuses. 12 wins minimum. 

Who are YOU lecturing on not being afraid?

You're a late adopter, buddy.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

This team has what it takes to win 13 games and make a serious run at the AFC Championship.

I’m no homer. Trust me. That said - it’s time we stop being afraid of believing in this team. This isn’t 2004 or 2008 or 2011. 

It’s also time we stop thinking that progress is linear and we aren’t ready yet. Three reasons why 12 wins should be the minimum expectation for this team:

1. The schedule is as easy as it’s going to ever be. Easiest schedule in the NFL going forward. You have to take advantage of that. 

2. The defense is dominant. Third year in this system, they have arrived. Edmunds is on the verge of becoming a perennial All-Pro. Best safety tandem in football. A shut-down corner. And DEPTH. There is no reason for this team to not impose their will on each of the 11 offenses they will face moving forward.

I can vouch for this.

• Haha (+1) 4

Unless Allen improves and cuts down on the stupid INTs there’s no way they’ll get to 12/13 wins.  The way they are winning now is not sustainable long term.  Offense needs to find a way to score some more points.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Like (+1) 6

My original prediction was 11-5, but Allen needs to: #1 Generate more points and #2 Limit those boneheaded interceptions. We need him to really grow and come into his own as a man. He is still a very young QB, we must be patient with him but I do think he’s the guy. We need like 22-23TDs and 10-12INTs along with some rushing TDs and I think we can win the AFC EAST.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

You could be right! I don’t know about winning the division but hosting a wild card game is a definite possibility! With a great defense, which travels well usually. We could conceivably get to the AFC championship! What a great way to stick it to the Pats but to beat them to advance to the Super Bowl!! 

One can dream can’t I?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1