Buffalo Bills rooting interests, Week 6 2019

Buffalo Bills rooting interests, Week 6 2019

Some big games in the AFC this week on Buffalo’s bye.

By Matt Warren Oct 10, 2019, 9:00am EDT

It wasn’t so long ago that the 2008 Buffalo Bills began the season 5-1 before faltering down the stretch to miss the playoffs. They finished the year 7-9, so rooting interests around the league wouldn’t have helped them, but Buffalo’s 2019 schedule looks weak enough that a run to 10-6 or better not only seems possible, it would be a huge disappointment if they didn’t get there.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/10/10/20907793/buffalo-bills-rooting-interests-week-6-2019-new-england-patriots-afc-playoff-picture

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I'm torn on Miami.  I want them to have to give up draft capital for Tua or Herbert, but I also don't want them to double down on the tank and end up going for Trevor Lawrence in 2021.

That's far too risky, so I doubt they do a two year tank, but I certainly hope they draft a QB this year as opposed to next year.

Of the AFC games 

@New England    vs    New York (NYG)
Seattle    vs    @Cleveland
@Kansas City    vs    Houston   -  tossup if Houston wind the South 
Washington    vs    @Miami  -  really, who cares. Bottom feeders both    End this puppy in a Tie! 
@Jacksonville    vs    New Orleans
@Baltimore    vs    Cincinnati
@Denver    vs    Tennessee   -  the Bills already own the tie breaker over the Titans  
Dallas    vs    @New York (NYJ)
@Los Angeles (LAC)    vs    Pittsburgh.  End this puppy in a Tie! 

Super excited to watch Daniel Jones and his zero playmakers go up against New England. 

The Pats are obviously a top team but outside of us, they have played a hilarious schedule full of teams with key injuries, including us losing Allen for the entire 4th quarter.

• Like (+1) 1

This is really weird week from this perspective. All games seems almost irrelevant outside of Browns - Seahawks.

That's the important one, and we really want Wilson to roll. Cleveland looks like a mess now, but if they somehow get their s**t together they might be a WC threat - just look at their schedule after Bills game. They can win out.

Other than that, we either don't care that much (like Chiefs vs Texans or Jags vs Saints), or we are rooting for huge underdog, so there isn't a big chance we get lucky.

Usually there are many more really important game each week, but this week I care pretty much about Browns loss. But obviously it wouldn't hurt if there are some upsets in our favor.

39 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Super excited to watch Daniel Jones and his zero playmakers go up against New England. 

The Pats are obviously a top team but outside of us, they have played a hilarious schedule full of teams with key injuries, including us losing Allen for the entire 4th quarter.

I love it when people try to say that we both played the Jets when clearly we phad them at full strength and the Patriots got a skeleton crew...

Edited by r00tabaga
  • Like (+1) 1

He incorrect  with his standings after his projection.  Since he has the Steelers beating the Chargers both would be 2-4, the Chargers wouldn't be 3-3. So it would actually be this

Standings after this fictional Week 6

1. New England Patriots (5-1, 4-0 AFC)
2. Kansas City Chiefs (5-1, 3-1 AFC)
3. Buffalo Bills (4-1)
4. Oakland Raiders (3-2, 2-1 AFC)
5. Indianapolis Colts (3-2, 2-2 AFC)
6. Houston Texans (3-3, 2-1 AFC)
7. Baltimore Ravens (3-3, 2-3 AFC)
8. Cleveland Browns (2-4, 2-1 AFC)
9t. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-4, 2-2 AFC)
9t. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-4, 2-2 AFC)
9t. Denver Broncos (2-4, 2-2 AFC)
12. Los Angeles Chargers (2-4, 2-3 AFC)
13. Tennessee Titans (2-4, 1-4 AFC)
14. Cincinnati Bengals (1-5)
15t. New York Jets (0-5)
15t. Miami Dolphins (0-5)

2 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

I love it when people try to say that we both played the Jets when clearly we phad them at full strength and the Patriots got a skeleton crew...

Yup - Jets aren't a bad team.  Maybe not a playoff team, but they certainly have enough to be in the WC race when not banged up and on their 3rd QB.

They beat us in a down-to-the-wire game where they didn't have to face Allen in the 4th quarter.  Maybe it wouldn't have mattered but Allen doesn't have one of the top 4th quarter QBR's by accident.

They beat the Redskins and Dolphins. 

Their beating of Pitt (with Big Ben) is an equivalent win to us beating Tennessee.

Now they get the Giants, who we beat.  With Daniel Jones, but without Engram and Barkley.