What are your Favorite football cliches

Don Otreply

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

I didn't see Chris Berman's trademark  "He could . . . go. . . all. . . the. . . way."  

Then again, 

Nobody Circles The Wagons Like The Buffalo Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I never read through every page of a long thread.  I went all the way through this one.  I didn't see Chris Berman's trademark  "He could . . . go. . . all. . . the. . . way."  That goes well with "They're getting good penetration."

Rumblin’ bumblin’ stumblin’

• Haha (+1) 1

Honestly, I really hate them all and find them to be tired and lazy. But in a sense, they're so stupid that they've become satirically funny.

"This guy's got all the tools." I mean, I've probably said it, but it's just silly. Are we talking about a talented football player or does he have a world class ratchet set?

On 10/11/2019 at 10:42 AM, Rocket94 said:

That song is corny period.

Someone had to say it. The SHOUT song has a place in Bills HISTORY. "History" being the operative word.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I never read through every page of a long thread.  I went all the way through this one.  I didn't see Chris Berman's trademark  "He could . . . go. . . all. . . the. . . way."

I was looking up sports phrases on the inter web, and I found out that phrase is originally credited to Howard Cosell.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gray Beard said:

I was looking up sports phrases on the inter web, and I found out that phrase is originally credited to Howard Cosell.

Well, I'd actually be surprised if Cosell was the first to utter those words, but perhaps. However Berman has a very distinctive way of saying it, unlike Cosell or anyone before him, as far as I know.

14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Honestly, I really hate them all and find them to be tired and lazy. But in a sense, they're so stupid that they've become satirically funny.

"This guy's got all the tools." I mean, I've probably said it, but it's just silly. Are we talking about a talented football player or does he have a world class ratchet set?

Someone had to say it. The SHOUT song has a place in Bills HISTORY. "History" being the operative word.

I mean...I will take it, but  it seems better suited for the county fair. How about something a little more imaginative to fit this era.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Dean said:

Well, I'd actually be surprised if Cosell was the first to utter those words, but perhaps. However Berman has a very distinctive way of saying it, unlike Cosell or anyone before him, as far as I know.

I might be wrong but I always thought Bermans take was an homage to Cosell.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1