6 takeaways from the Bills' decision to trade Zay Jones

HOUSE

1 hour ago, vorpma said:

Just wait until Jones has a good day and the usual's on TBD will be out in numbers attacking "McBeane" and everything else the team has done; give it time!

I suppose catching one pass would be considered a good day for Zay. 

Not sure it will ever happen though 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 take aways article was poorly written.  Lots of silly assumptions. 

Dad thing is...well...him just being a dad.  He’s gonna defend his son and stand by him, so not really shocking he’s throwing some shade in support of his son.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

6 take aways article was poorly written.  Lots of silly assumptions. 

Dad thing is...well...him just being a dad.  He’s gonna defend his son and stand by him, so not really shocking he’s throwing some shade in support of his son.  

Sounds more like Josh Allen and his dad were not friends

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

These articles that make me click to 6 different pages lose me after the first click.  Bush League crap.

I agree. And articles that do that often have crap writing and analysis, like this one.  Shallow.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'll summarize their 6 things for folks who don't want to click:

1) It's Duke's time

2) Maybe Zay needed this (a change of scene)

3) Beane got something at least (for Jones)

4) Take Bills coach- and GM-speak with a grain of salt

McDermott said on Monday about Zay “He just has to continue to do his job. You saw guys compete at a high level yesterday. We made some, I thought, some really good plays at the wide receiver position and Zay is a guy that continues to grow and I think he’s still young in his career. He’ll continue to do a good job as he continues to grow and focus on what he can control and I really appreciate the way he took a team first approach yesterday.” 

They say: " McDermott really liked him, then traded him? While speaking those words, McDermott was not unaware of a trade with the Raiders. "

Reading between the lines, I think you can interpret McDermott differently

5) 2017 draft class is 1/2 gone, let's hope we do better 2018-> on

6) #1 WR is a big need for the Bills going forward

2017 was Whaley's last draft with the previous scouting team; hopefully we do better in 2018 and 2019 after the dumpster fire of wasted number one picks throughout the last decade.

Here's the thing about a WR with more excuses than receptions. All he had to do was compete with the guys in that WR room. Nobody asked Zay to catch 100 balls for 1,200 yards. We hoped he'd be the 2nd or third best WR on the team. Based on the trade, was he even the fourth best? And if you are sitting around wondering if you are the fourth best WR on the team, maybe job security isn't something you should expect.

Bottom line, all he had to do was play better than a bunch of other WRs who had to catch balls from the same QB in the same Offense under the same coaches. The playing field was as level as it gets and Zay came up short. That's 100% on Zay.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

are there really 6 takeaways from the trade? Seems like a lot.

Well yeah if you’re a clickfarm budget joke of a site like the one the OP linked gotta think of a bunch of takeaways. The more the better when you have to click through each one. Linking to BS like this should be banned here.

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

The Bills were heading toward a relatively low key week after topping the Titans in Week 5. It’s their bye week, after all.

But instead, Buffalo decided to deal wide receiver Zay Jones to the Oakland Raiders.

A few days removed from the deal, here are six takeaways from the Bills’ decision to trade Jones to the Raiders:

Duke’s time

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/09/6-takeaways-buffalo-bills-decision-to-trade-zay-jones/

Zay Jones’ father believes son has 'real QB’ now following trade from Buffalo Bills

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/10/zay-jones-father-believes-son-has-real-qb-now-following-trade-from-buffalo-bills.html

Image result for kramer in car gif

.....the old man probably means Peterman..........

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Yeah, @klos63, I only counted two takeways that Jones allowed in the New England game ???

haha well it did take away the points we woulda had if he catches that TD

2 hours ago, teef said:

i was someone that had very high hopes for zay.  after his improvement last year, i though he could be a major contributor.  i was very wrong.  even if he is productive for the raiders, his time was done here.  good luck to him.

That’s where I am

• Haha (+1) 1

How they came up with 6?????  The point was he just didn't do anything, and there were high hopes as a second rounder.

He didn't make as far as I remember a contested grab, didn't fight for the ball, catch anything that would count as difficult, had drops little YAC.

If he flourishes elsewhere good for him, but can't see it based on the body of evidence to date.  

I've got nothing against Zay. He seems like a good person and I'm sure he did his best. He was our leading receiver last year. Wish him the best. Glad that we are moving forward with a group of legitimate receivers who have shown that they can produce.