6 takeaways from the Bills' decision to trade Zay Jones

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

These articles that make me click to 6 different pages lose me after the first click.  Bush League crap.

Not sure if this is one of the six things, but having your family be social media crazy people is something that I think will always lead to a player leaving Buffalo.

Here, here.

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-fix-annoying-multi-page-articles-all-over-the-we-1164869508

You can also use deslide.com and paste the URL and it will convert the slideshow into a single page article.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, vorpma said:

Just wait until Jones has a good day and the usual's on TBD will be out in numbers attacking "McBeane" and everything else the team has done; give it time!

I like Zay and believe he will do well.  It just didnt seem to be working here.  I think a lot of us that like the kid understand that.

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Remember when all Sammy needed was a real QB? ..and he had way more talent than Zay does

All Sammy needed was a new pair of feet. 

5 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

He will fit in good in grudens west coast style offense. But he will always be a body catcher with no YAC

I do think this is a good fit. Carr is at a 70% Completion rate, they throw it a lot for quick/short gains, Zay will be “open” because defenses give them those 6 yard quick shots, particularly if he isn’t know for making YAC. After all, a 70% chance of completing a 6 yard pass is the equivalent to 4.2 yards per carry running the ball. So his numbers will look good, but he’ll be the same old Zay. Not awful, but never able to avoid the comparisons to JuJu or Kupp ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich

5 hours ago, ddaryl said:

I think Duke will quickly have most of us forgetting about Zay. Brown and Beasley are your top 2 WR's but Duke is going to make those clutch catches we'd hoped Zay would make.

I think Duke is very focused and damn determined. Those are good things to have and this team is littered with those types of players IMO

Littered? Litter is bad juju.  Filled is better term.

5 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Yep.. Hell, if he has a 5 catch 60 yard game people will be running to OBD with pitchforks 

I hope OBD has large marshmallows to give out on Halloween to those in farmer costumes.  I hope some of the women have on Daisy Duke shorts and look good in them.

5 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The Bills hung in there with him when he thought he was  Keith Moon after a gig in '67.  They took a shot, and I'm quite certain if Zay blossomed into a very solid #2 he would not have been traded. The comments about the evolving QB situation in WNY is fair game for analysts, scouts and GMs.  Personally, I'm not all that interested in the musings of the father of an NFL player on politics, the best places for Italian food, or his adult son's career. 

I have a little more respect for fathers of players when they played the game but only so much.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Someone made the point that he was drafted when Rico Dennison and a timing, WCO type offense were in town, and maybe he's just not a good fit for the offense Daboll runs and for the type of improvisational, zip-code accuracy QB that Allen is.  Allen needs a WR who will try to do the "mind meld" with him and adjust as Brown does and Beasley is starting to.  Zay doesn't seem able to do that.  He also still can't or won't outmuscle a defender for the ball.

It is funny we had a 7th round WR who could not get on track with QB so got few chances.  A new QB come on board and the QB is bright enough to understand the WR is not running bad routes but is adjusting routes to get to spot he needs to based on route and QB is the one who mind melds. Fitz and Stevie was a great combination.

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

oh  goodie ....  More Zay talk.   (in) 

Honestly, haven't we beaten this horse to powdered dust? 

Obviously no if you have opened thread.  We need more threads.

42 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Littered? Litter is bad juju.  Filled is better term.

I hope OBD has large marshmallows to give out on Halloween to those in farmer costumes.  I hope some of the women have on Daisy Duke shorts and look good in them.

I have a little more respect for fathers of players when they played the game but only so much.

As a father, I think it's hard to be objective when analyzing things that happen to your children. It's all way too personal. If I was Zay, I'd be telling Pops to keep his thoughts private. There is literally no upside to trashing the players that Zay shared a uniform with.  There might be exceptions where it's a push,  Geno Smith broken jaw with IK, maybe.  

18 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

As a father, I think it's hard to be objective when analyzing things that happen to your children. It's all way too personal. If I was Zay, I'd be telling Pops to keep his thoughts private. There is literally no upside to trashing the players that Zay shared a uniform with.  There might be exceptions where it's a push,  Geno Smith broken jaw with IK, maybe.  

I agree. Teams may decide they do not want to sign Zay due to baggage.   There is an infamous QB who cannot find a job partially due to baggage.

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

These articles that make me click to 6 different pages lose me after the first click.  Bush League crap.

Not sure if this is one of the six things, but having your family be social media crazy people is something that I think will always lead to a player leaving Buffalo.

The first article does, not the second.

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I like Zay and believe he will do well.  It just didnt seem to be working here.  I think a lot of us that like the kid understand that.

All Sammy needed was a new pair of feet. 

Still the definition of mediocrity and he is injured again!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Still the definition of mediocrity and he is injured again!

And he did his usual Sammy thing and had one monstrous game so far this year before disappearing again.  He'll be due for another around week 11.

• Like (+1) 1

I still wouldn't be surprised to see Zay turn out to be a good receiver.  We are a defense driven team.  We play in a lot of low scoring closely contested games.  A wide receiver who can't make make a big catch unless the ball is thrown at him 10 times a game is going to have some rough weeks here.  The Raiders secondary is trash and Carr is most likely going to be throwing all day in come from behind games.  I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Zay get on track if he gets the ball thrown at him 5 or 6 times a game for the rest of the season.  He always had all the physical tools but for some reason he just couldn't put it together and most importantly he flat out dropped the ball too much.

10 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

And he did his usual Sammy thing and had one monstrous game so far this year before disappearing again.  He'll be due for another around week 11.

Why do so many on TBD cling so emotionally to him, that's my question?

Just now, vorpma said:

Why do so many on TBD cling so emotionally to him, that's my question?

Lots of people never get past the college highlight film.   

And they were aghast when Beane "got rid of all the talent on the team" by shedding Watkins and fellow losers like Tyrod and Dareus.  :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1