6 takeaways from the Bills' decision to trade Zay Jones

The Bills were heading toward a relatively low key week after topping the Titans in Week 5. It’s their bye week, after all.

But instead, Buffalo decided to deal wide receiver Zay Jones to the Oakland Raiders.

A few days removed from the deal, here are six takeaways from the Bills’ decision to trade Jones to the Raiders:

Duke’s time

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/09/6-takeaways-buffalo-bills-decision-to-trade-zay-jones/

Zay Jones’ father believes son has 'real QB’ now following trade from Buffalo Bills

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/10/zay-jones-father-believes-son-has-real-qb-now-following-trade-from-buffalo-bills.html

Image result for kramer in car gif

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"Real QB" or not, his son needed to make plays when the opportunity presented itself.  Given the number of disappointing drops or catches one should come down with, he came up short more often than a professional should.  Did you hear a peep from guys like Hopkins or Fitz when they've had a legitimate gripes at QB for large parts of their career?  Real professionals find a way to get it done one way or the other.  Good for the front office putting their ego aside and cutting ties, not trying for force a situation where the talent didn't justify it.  I'm excited to see guys hungry for a long career try to step up. 

Edited by YodaMan79
  • Like (+1) 9

6 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Just wait until Jones has a good day and the usual's on TBD will be out in numbers attacking "McBeane" and everything else the team has done; give it time!

I have no doubt that Jones will have good days. I don't think he will become Robert Woods. but he will have his share of decent games. He needed this change of scenery.

10 hours ago, HOUSE said:

The Bills were heading toward a relatively low key week after topping the Titans in Week 5. It’s their bye week, after all.

But instead, Buffalo decided to deal wide receiver Zay Jones to the Oakland Raiders.

A few days removed from the deal, here are six takeaways from the Bills’ decision to trade Jones to the Raiders:

Duke’s time

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/09/6-takeaways-buffalo-bills-decision-to-trade-zay-jones/

Zay Jones’ father believes son has 'real QB’ now following trade from Buffalo Bills

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/10/zay-jones-father-believes-son-has-real-qb-now-following-trade-from-buffalo-bills.html

These articles that make me click to 6 different pages lose me after the first click.  Bush League crap.  The Billswire article is the culprit; NOT the other article from nyup.

Not sure if this is one of the six things, but having your family be social media crazy people is something that I think will always lead to a player leaving Buffalo.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 7

3 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Just wait until Jones has a good day and the usual's on TBD will be out in numbers attacking "McBeane" and everything else the team has done; give it time!

I think Duke will quickly have most of us forgetting about Zay. Brown and Beasley are your top 2 WR's but Duke is going to make those clutch catches we'd hoped Zay would make.

I think Duke is very focused and damn determined. Those are good things to have and this team is littered with those types of players IMO

• Like (+1) 2

Gotta love when the family members chime in with their dumb*** 2 cents. :rolleyes: How about if your boy didn't have stone hands, t-rex arms, and played like he wasn't the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz out there then maybe, just MAYBE, he would have been successful in Buffalo. But please, continue to tell me how your son's struggles are someone else's fault.

Image result for ok buddy gif

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The day Zay makes a tough catch will be his first.

I wanted to see him do well, but seeing replays of him getting lost on a wide open route and dropping Tyrod's pass just infuriates me.

WR's are supposed to be sure handed and able to battle for the ball, something I never saw Zay do.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Yep.. Hell, if he has a 5 catch 60 yard game people will be running to OBD with pitchforks 

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Bills hung in there with him when he thought he was  Keith Moon after a gig in '67.  They took a shot, and I'm quite certain if Zay blossomed into a very solid #2 he would not have been traded. The comments about the evolving QB situation in WNY is fair game for analysts, scouts and GMs.  Personally, I'm not all that interested in the musings of the father of an NFL player on politics, the best places for Italian food, or his adult son's career. 

No hard feelings, Zay is gone, and that's that.  Cool levitation trick though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1