NFL TV Schedule and Maps: Week 6, 2019

45 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I thought that they got rid of a blackout rule. 

apparently not.  

i asked for explanations and nobody has a clue either

both 1 and 4 o'clock games have home teams electing for a FOX blackout this week...

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I thought that they got rid of a blackout rule. 

apparently not.  

12 hours ago, row_33 said:

i asked for explanations and nobody has a clue either

both 1 and 4 o'clock games have home teams electing for a FOX blackout this week...

Thought I read it's a voluntary thing.  The home team can still enforce it if they choose too.

If they feel it will hurt them attendance wise , they can then still black out opposing games.  Noticed the past couple of weeks some teams went back to enforcing it, mainly in places where they have trouble selling out.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

27 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Thought I read it's a voluntary thing.  The home team can still enforce it if they choose too.

If they feel it will hurt them attendance wise , they can then still black out opposing games.  Noticed the past couple of weeks some teams went back to enforcing it, mainly in places where they have trouble selling out.

When you have a competitive team....  sure.   

When you suck ....  it only makes it worse.   Attendance in Miami has been bad for a long long time. 

19 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Anybody have a clue as to the reasons why a team can opt for blackout of a game?

It was enacted in 2014 on a year to year basis.  per Wiki it spoke to 2014, 2015 and 2016.   

thus far I cant find too much more on it.  

there is something about 3 games aired in each market ...

NFL makes TV changes for 2019 season, eliminates single ...

expanding search criteria from blackout to sell out 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-owners-voted-31-1-to-end-tv-blackouts-heres-who-voted-against-it/

"I didn't vote against lifting the blackout as much as I voted against they tied to it a requirement that teams that are low-revenue teams, teams that aren't selling out, have to pay a higher visiting team share," Brown said.

Brown's problem is that he doesn't think the rule that passed with the blackout policy is fair. Under the new rule, homes teams have to split their revenue with away teams based on the revenue generated from selling 85 percent of the home team's tickets. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

When you have a competitive team....  sure.   

When you suck ....  it only makes it worse.   Attendance in Miami has been bad for a long long time. 

Thinking about it more, maybe I misspoke as really not an attendance thing. It's more a TV sponsor thing as are you going to watch the Miami game on TV on CBS or instead watch the other game on FOX.  Though that would be the same argument when they are playing on the road and then there are two completing games.

So guess not sure if it's geared towards attendance or TV??

• Like (+1) 1