First trip to Buffalo!

23 minutes ago, Dirtyd415 said:

I’m also making the trek to the Washington game.  Coming from the Scranton area and bringing  along the wife and 5yo son.  i haven’t been to the Ralph in  about 15 years, what are your thoughts on Hammers lot for a 5 yo? We don’t care if he sees people shotgunning and chugging, just don’t want to deal with people falling and vomiting on him.  The wife likes the idea of separate port-a-potties, hahaha. Also are ez-up style tents permitted at either Hammer’s or bills lots?  

couple of things

1) He would be totally fine in Hammers, just prolly pretty bored.

2) if you wanted to park there, prolly have to be there by 8:30 that game

3) My suggestion would be park somewhere else, wa;k over to the TBD tailgate in Hammers and have a beverage and break dome bread with the crew there( i will not be there that game)..and then walk over to the field house where they have stuff for kids to do!

4) @BritBill just brought his 8 year old to a game, have a feeling he has a much better sense of this then I do LOL

12 hours ago, benderbender said:

VA Beach. GPS doesn’t say 11 hours but factoring traffic, bathroom/snack breaks, refueling, and general traveling with a kid, I feel making it in that time frame would be an accomplishment. 

11 sounds about right to me. Route is totally dependant on when you leave. Waze is always gunna take through DC, and that a no no on a weekeday. That when ya need to cut up 17 to 66 and over to 81...and head up through central PA and 219. Saturday early morning DC route the way to go

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

4) @BritBill just brought his 8 year old to a game, have a feeling he has a much better sense of this then I do LOL

We had a fantastic time and with no problems at all.

We met a few of the TBD guys (including @plenzmd1) at Hammers for a catch up before the game. I wouldn't hesitate in taking a child to tailgate where they were set up. 

In the stadium itself we got tickets in the one of the no alcohol section on level two. There were children in there much younger than my son. The atmosphere was terrific and we never, ever felt uncomfortable in anyway.

I'm sure you'll all have a great time @Dirtyd415 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

couple of things

1) He would be totally fine in Hammers, just prolly pretty bored.

2) if you wanted to park there, prolly have to be there by 8:30 that game

3) My suggestion would be park somewhere else, wa;k over to the TBD tailgate in Hammers and have a beverage and break dome bread with the crew there( i will not be there that game)..and then walk over to the field house where they have stuff for kids to do!

11 sounds about right to me. Route is totally dependant on when you leave. Waze is always gunna take through DC, and that a no no on a weekeday. That when ya need to cut up 17 to 66 and over to 81...and head up through central PA and 219. Saturday early morning DC route the way to go

14 minutes ago, BritBill said:

We met a few of the TBD guys (including @plenzmd1) at Hammers for a catch up before the game. I wouldn't hesitate in taking a child to tailgate where they were set up. 

In the stadium itself we got tickets in the one of the no alcohol section on level two. There were children in there much younger than my son. The atmosphere was terrific and we never, ever felt uncomfortable in anyway.

Many thanks to the both of you!  Will probably do as suggested and park elsewhere and hike over the Hammer’s.  Out tickets are first row section 123 end zone, does anyone know what time warm ups generally start/when the gates open?  My son is really hoping someone tosses him a souvenir, haha.

41 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Did you walk over to the field house? Was that a good experience? Would like to put that in our doc for first time in Buffalo folks..but i have never been over there!

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

Did you walk over to the field house? Was that a good experience? Would like to put that in our doc for first time in Buffalo folks..but i have never been over there!

We did but it was closed to the public. Quite a few people were trying to get in but were being turned away by the staff. We had a slow walk down The Billevard. Jacob got his face painted with the Bills logo. 

The store got another visit and my cash balance quickly dwindled. Jacob has worn his Allen jersey at every opportunity since we got home. He has a new hero and was so gutted when he had to go off with the head injury. 

We had a good walk around the stadium seeing other folk tailgating and got settled in watching the NFL Gameday Morning stage where Kyle Williams and Willie McGinnest were on. We nearly got a photo autograph from Kyle but he was called away at the last second. He had a wedding to go to!  

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, mead107 said:

I always say,  if first time to Buffalo you have to do anchor bar. Home of the original chicken wings.  
I like other places better but , you have to go just so you can say you have been there. 

Agree of course. I haven’t had a bad meal at Anchor and I preferred their wings to Duffs and Gabes. 
plus the pizza is righteous. 

by far the best wingies in Buff are at 9-11. 
be prepared to wait, though. And cash only. 

On 10/10/2019 at 6:48 AM, BruceVilanch said:

Making my first trip to watch a home game in Buffalo! I've told myself I wouldn't make the trip/ spend the $ until I thought they were a legit playoff team and this is the year I'm pulling the trigger. I will be there for the Nov 3rd game vs the Redskins, can't wait to make my pilgrimage and enjoy a game with the best fans in the NFL. Go Bills!

You are in for a treat my friend! Make sure to tailgate hard and Go Bills! 

Making my first trip to watch a home game in Buffalo! I've told myself I wouldn't make the trip/ spend the $ until I thought they were a legit playoff team and this is the year I'm pulling the trigger. I will be there for the Nov 3rd game vs the Redskins, can't wait to make my pilgrimage and enjoy a game with the best fans in the NFL. Go Bills!

Awesome! Have you ever been to the city before or just not for a game?

I don't care what anyone tells you....ranch is better on wings than blue cheese.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't care what anyone tells you....ranch is better on wings than blue cheese.

Mods, can we get a review of the board's SOP?

This statement has to be a bannable offense.  :devil:

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wouldn’t say better, but I don’t mind ranch on my wings sometimes.  Usually I ask for a side of each.  Hell, sometimes I like to dip my wings in 1,000 island dressing.  Where’s the disgrace in that?

On 10/10/2019 at 2:14 PM, benderbender said:

I’m making the 11 hour trek from SE VA for the Skins game as well. Was planning on bringing a coworker who was a diehard Washington fan but his fandom has died hard. That’s fine. Now this 5 year old gets to make his first Buffalo trip.

EFD3-D282-CC11-4-B44-9129-F2-BC49-D947-D
Go Bills!

I’m sure you have already seen this but just in case... good timing to take the little guy!

• Like (+1) 2