First trip to Buffalo!

14 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I was just giving you a hard time mostly...and yea I have, and always will park on the same side of the stadium you have. I just go into the official Bills lot, Lot 5 for life baby! Thats why I know about the Grass lot (mud lot to you)

Lot 5 was my spot too for a long time.

Since I moved out of the area though getting out quicker has been my strategy versus hanging in lot 5 for an hour or so after the game each week and letting the traffic dwindle away. Well that and they stopped letting you park where ever you want in the main lots which made meeting up with the group around the 5 pole a lot tougher.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, otagoyellow said:

I know we're turning this into a wing discussion and I apologize, but...

I used to love Bar Bill, but lately (as in the last time I was there a year ago), it seems like the wings are both small and overcooked. I've definitely heard great things about Gabriel's Gate. 

For what it's worth, I recently enjoyed a bucket of wings with family at Striker's in West Seneca and both the wings, sauce and blue cheese were excellent. 

Any "first time in Buffalo" thread will have a robust wing discussion. If it's not perfectly relevant, I don't know what is.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, yall said:

Any "first time in Buffalo" thread will have a robust wing discussion. If it's not perfectly relevant, I don't know what is.

I always say,  if first time to Buffalo you have to do anchor bar. Home of the original chicken wings.  
I like other places better but , you have to go just so you can say you have been there. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

This should be somewhere more easily accessible on the site, I didn’t know this existed.  

I’m from Buffalo and have attended many games and still found useful information in here.  Love the Hoak’s shoutout, I used to cook those fish fry’s.  Let it be known that they also have great wings despite a limited choice of sauces, and their dinner foods (grilled chicken/cordon bleu’s, steaks, shrimp, etc.) are all strong as well. 

Good job on this to whoever wrote it up ? 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, mead107 said:

I always say,  if first time to Buffalo you have to do anchor bar. Home of the original chicken wings.  
I like other places better but , you have to go just so you can say you have been there. 

If you're planning on coming back again or eating wings twice in the same trip, maybe.

But if you aren't coming back soon or you're only having wings for one meal I'd want it to be somewhere awesome, not just meh.

58 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

Lot 5 was my spot too for a long time.

Since I moved out of the area though getting out quicker has been my strategy versus hanging in lot 5 for an hour or so after the game each week and letting the traffic dwindle away. Well that and they stopped letting you park where ever you want in the main lots which made meeting up with the group around the 5 pole a lot tougher.

ahhh yea, gotta meet up and caravan in together, thats what we do. And I never have problems getting out quickly, but I also jog to my car post game and get out. Never wait or hit traffic, just gotta be committed. 

7 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Making my first trip to watch a home game in Buffalo! I've told myself I wouldn't make the trip/ spend the $ until I thought they were a legit playoff team and this is the year I'm pulling the trigger. I will be there for the Nov 3rd game vs the Redskins, can't wait to make my pilgrimage and enjoy a game with the best fans in the NFL. Go Bills!

Buffalo is a cool town. Be sure to visit Allen Street and Elmwood avenue. Nice shops and restaurant's. Gabriel's gate is a good eatery. They used to have a good brunch. 

57 minutes ago, benderbender said:

I’m making the 11 hour trek from SE VA for the Skins game as well. Was planning on bringing a coworker who was a diehard Washington fan but his fandom has died hard. That’s fine. Now this 5 year old gets to make his first Buffalo trip.

EFD3-D282-CC11-4-B44-9129-F2-BC49-D947-D
Go Bills!

where ya coming from? I live in Richmond, maybe we can compare routes!

51 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Buffalo is a cool town. Be sure to visit Allen Street and Elmwood avenue. Nice shops and restaurant's. Gabriel's gate is a good eatery. They used to have a good brunch. 

Just a heads up on Gabriels..much like Anchor on gameday weekends, they get smashed with people. Went down there on Friday before the home opener about 8;45, was told 90-120 minute wait..and bar was 3 deep with people waiting to snag bar seats. 

Ended up next store at Allen Burger Venture.. Burger was fine and all, space is very cool..but like $20 for a burger..great draft selection though!

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

where ya coming from? I live in Richmond, maybe we can compare routes!

VA Beach. GPS doesn’t say 11 hours but factoring traffic, bathroom/snack breaks, refueling, and general traveling with a kid, I feel making it in that time frame would be an accomplishment. 

11 hours ago, mead107 said:

I hear you, and I don’t disagree. When my boys turned 16 I took each of them to a Bills home game as a rite of passage. I took them both to the Anchor Bar, and it was great. First time I’d been there. HA! I lived in Duff’s territory. 

Home opener this year I had breakfast wings at the Anchor Bar at the airport on the way home. I ate a couple, but they were not nearly as good as what @plenzmd1 made in the parking lot after the opener. I’m totally serious! 

The last few times back to WNY I’ve tried to get into Duff’s, but that line was too long for me. THAT tells you a lot! 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

It's odd to me that there are Bill's fa s who have never seen a game in Buffalo.  How doesNJ one become a Bills fan without being from Buffalo?  I mean, I know how, but it seems odd.  

So good for you!  If you've enjoyed being a Bills fan without going to a game, you're REALLY going to enjoy this.  Jave a great time. 

And if you want the real experience, you have to get your beef on wreck at Schwabl's.

Another Bills fan here (since 1987) that's never been to Buffalo. As a 14 year old in Alabama, when you don't have a local NFL team to follow, and your favorite Bama player ever gets traded to the Bills - all of a sudden you've got a team to root for! Been hooked ever since. I see the Bills whenever they're close (Nashville, Atlanta, New Orleans), but still have yet to get to Buffalo for a home game. One day...

17 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

It's odd to me that there are Bill's fa s who have never seen a game in Buffalo.  How doesNJ one become a Bills fan without being from Buffalo?  I mean, I know how, but it seems odd.  

So good for you!  If you've enjoyed being a Bills fan without going to a game, you're REALLY going to enjoy this.  Jave a great time. 

And if you want the real experience, you have to get your beef on wreck at Schwabl's.

I am in my mid 30's so my earliest memories of football are the Bills dominating with the K gun. I Thought Jim Kelly was super cool (still is) and I loved Thurman, so I think I just adopted them when I was a kid.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m also making the trek to the Washington game.  Coming from the Scranton area and bringing  along the wife and 5yo son.  i haven’t been to the Ralph in  about 15 years, what are your thoughts on Hammers lot for a 5 yo? We don’t care if he sees people shotgunning and chugging, just don’t want to deal with people falling and vomiting on him.  The wife likes the idea of separate port-a-potties, hahaha. Also are ez-up style tents permitted at either Hammer’s or bills lots?  

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, MR8 said:

billboard.PNG

??Don't quit doing the coke, just carry Narcan! problem solved!

7 hours ago, Augie said:

I hear you, and I don’t disagree. When my boys turned 16 I took each of them to a Bills home game as a rite of passage. I took them both to the Anchor Bar, and it was great. First time I’d been there. HA! I lived in Duff’s territory. 

Home opener this year I had breakfast wings at the Anchor Bar at the airport on the way home. I ate a couple, but they were not nearly as good as what @plenzmd1 made in the parking lot after the opener. I’m totally serious! 

The last few times back to WNY I’ve tried to get into Duff’s, but that line was too long for me. THAT tells you a lot! 

I've done wings on my Green Egg the last couple of Sundays. Way better than I can go buy ANYWHERE around me. I want to get one of the little mini green eggs for tailgating!

• Haha (+1) 1