First trip to Buffalo!

Making my first trip to watch a home game in Buffalo! I've told myself I wouldn't make the trip/ spend the $ until I thought they were a legit playoff team and this is the year I'm pulling the trigger. I will be there for the Nov 3rd game vs the Redskins, can't wait to make my pilgrimage and enjoy a game with the best fans in the NFL. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 6

15 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Making my first trip to watch a home game in Buffalo! I've told myself I wouldn't make the trip/ spend the $ until I thought they were a legit playoff team and this is the year I'm pulling the trigger. I will be there for the Nov 3rd game vs the Redskins, can't wait to make my pilgrimage and enjoy a game with the best fans in the NFL. Go Bills!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F9yhWkCZkeTFX_6yagiiwCPu-JUnhBAxuPILxW8U438/edit

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

November can be tricky, may be mild (50s), may be cold (30-40s) and rainy so you are going to want to be prepared for either scenario.

I see your from Cali so  make sure your feet and hands are warm, wool socks or ski socks and a pair of boots and definitely gloves and a hat.

Under armor cold gear is a good base layer.

• Like (+1) 1

Parking Note to OP:

For over a generation, I’ve parked on Sheldon Road, near Abbott. I use the lots in front of the two Condos, but there are many alternates. It is a max 10 minute walk to the Stadium along the main drag- Abbott Road (which for security reasons you can’t drive all the way through, anyway.) You are surrounded by Bills’ tailgaters and Booze is close by at the corner, if you didn’t get it and Coffee at the Tim Horton’s 20 yards away- post game!

Also, waaaaaay easier to get in and out.

Oh yeah... ALWAYS dress for Cold from October on- no matter what the Temp says. This is an outdoor stadium, with cold wind. ?

Edited by Billsatlastin2018

1 hour ago, BruceVilanch said:

Heck yes! Excited for you brother! It is truly an experience like no other. I haven't been back since I moved to Charlotte 9 years ago... but am just waiting for my little one to be old enough to make the trip back. I miss it so much! You will have a hell of a time!

4 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Parking Note to OP:

For over a generation, I’ve parked on Sheldon Road, near Abbott. I use the lots in front of the two Condos, but there are many alternates. It is a max 10 minute walk to the Stadium along the main drag- Abbott Road (which for security reasons you can’t drive all the way through, anyway.) You are surrounded by Bills’ tailgaters and Booze is close by at the corner, if you didn’t get it and Coffee at the Tim Horton’s 20 yards away- post game!

Also, waaaaaay easier to get in and out.

Way back when, I used to park at Kettle's pub on Abbott Rd. It always seemed pretty easy to get in and out. Close enough to the Stadium that it's not a bad walk, but far enough away that traffic isn't awful. It was fun, but you didn't have the outrageous drunkenness there. Easy access to both Abbott and/or California Rd.

Edited by CLTbills

1 hour ago, BruceVilanch said:

Have a great time!  I will be there for the Broncos game the week before Thanksgiving.

I'm jealous!

As a guy who hasn't been to a home game since 1974 - and clearly an expert - here's what I do:

* Go to Hammer's Lot to see all the Pinto Ron and other shenanigans.  

*  As long as your in Buffalo, get the true Buffalo culinary experience.  Eat wings at the Anchor Bar (even if Duffs are better);  sample a Beef on Weck at Charlie the Butcher; and try some good Buffalo Pizza (pizza aficionados rank Buffalo's pizza up there with NY & Chicago and miles ahead of LA).  If you like sponge candy, go to Parkside Candy near UB - a beautiful, dilapidated relic of great Buffalo architecture with a wonderful selection of chocolate.  

*  I personally stop at the gift shop at New Era Field to gear up whenever I'm in Buffalo.

Hoping we win for your first home game.  Have fun!

3 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Don’t forget if your going for wings NO FREAKIN RANCH , 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Sample? Order 2 sandwiches with a side of German potato salad, get 2 sandwiches to go as well. The place is dynamite.  

I'm jealous!

As a guy who hasn't been to a home game since 1974 - and clearly an expert - here's what I do:

* Go to Hammer's Lot to see all the Pinto Ron and other shenanigans.  

*  As long as your in Buffalo, get the true Buffalo culinary experience.  Eat wings at the Anchor Bar (even if Duffs are better);  sample a Beef on Weck at Charlie the Butcher; and try some good Buffalo Pizza (pizza aficionados rank Buffalo's pizza up there with NY & Chicago and miles ahead of LA).  If you like sponge candy, go to Parkside Candy near UB - a beautiful, dilapidated relic of great Buffalo architecture with a wonderful selection of chocolate.  

*  I personally stop at the gift shop at New Era Field to gear up whenever I'm in Buffalo.

Hoping we win for your first home game.  Have fun!

If you're seeking wings, definitely hit up The Nine-Eleven Tavern if you get the chance. The owner has been making the wings personally for more than 35 years and they're phenomenal. Anchor Bar can be hit or miss in terms of quality, but the atmosphere is worth a trip. The original Duffs on Sheridan is also a sure bet. 

• Like (+1) 2