Early Week 7 Line: Bills -15.5 over Dolphins

stevestojan

yikes... the Bills are good against the spread. But that's a big line. I hope we win by 30. But I don't know. 

Then again, our defense should pitch a shut out against them as long as Josh doesnt give them any short fields. 

Two thoughts:

1) I just don't see this coaching staff letting the team lose focus on the opponent at hand.  And that's not something I could say about the Rex Ryan era AT ALL.  McDermott is NOT going to let Miami sneak up on them.  Will they run up the score?  I doubt it, but...

2) Related thought - I could TOTALLY see this Defense pitching a shut out next weekend.  It wouldn't surprise me if they're already talking about this among themselves.

Edited by Whites Bay
Chronology

Remember fellow fans this line stuff is there to separated people from their money, the teams that are playing the game outright ignore the grade school level game of gambling lines. It’s a con job to take your money, the house is gonna come out on top.  Hope some of you win some money, but the majority will lose. 

Go Bills!!!

1 minute ago, NC Book said:

What's the over/under? I'm guessing around 39 or 40. Vegas might be thinking a 28-12 type score, which I could definitely see. 

Do you really think Miami can score that many points against the Buffalo D ? 

Go Bills!!!

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Good lord that’s a lot. This will be a good test for the Bills, how to they react to success. Bills have shown little ability to separate from teams. Might be a good bet to take the Phins.  

Yes putting $5000 is the way to go now !!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Miami has scored and average of 6.5 points per game through their first 4 games of the season while giving up an average of over 40 points per game.  They have had their bye.  Buffalo has scored an average of 18 points per game and giving up an average of 14.  The Patriots were a common opponent for the two teams.  The Patriots beat Miami 43-0 in Miami.  They beat Buffalo by 16-10.  As a home game for Buffalo, a 15.5 spread seems about right.  As bad as Miami is defensively, I could easily see Buffalo having an offensive explosion, while Miami is going to have a tough time scoring at all.

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Remember fellow fans this line stuff is there to separated people from their money, the teams that are playing the game outright ignore the grade school level game of gambling lines. It’s a con job to take your money, the house is gonna come out on top.  Hope some of you win some money, but the majority will lose. 

Go Bills!!!

Do you really think Miami can score that many points against the Buffalo D ? 

Go Bills!!!

I don't gamble, but pick games/lines each week. So far this year, I'm 85%. 

I should gamble...

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

???

So far? 

NYETS   17 pts -   # 25th in PPG,     # 4  in Defense (total yards)  (with a gazillion Bills turnovers) 

GI Ants  28 pts -   # 24th in PPG,     #31 in Defense (total yards) 

BeenGals 21 pts - # 27th in PPG,    #32 in Defense (total yards) 

NE** **  10  pts -  # 1st in PPG,      # 2  in Defense (total yards)  (with half a gazillion Bills turnovers) 

Tenny   14  pts -    # 6th in PPG,      # 11  in Defense (total yards) 

18 PPG    For Buffalo's offense .   Considering the Bills played 3 of the NFL's top 10(ish) defenses. 

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Wow...

Yeah, but they might score 0, so if the Bills score 16 they cover.

That's the problem I have, hard to give 15 points when you're only averaging 18.  Agree was against some good defenses, but even against the two worst defenses, it only went up to around 24 pt average.

I think they'd have a better chance of covering if late in the game they are up something like 21-3, then it's still a close game, where as if they did score 30, then often you give up some scores in garbage time. 

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

That's the problem I have, hard to give 15 points when you're only averaging 18.  Agree was against some good defenses, but even against the two worst defenses, it only went up to around 24 pt average.

I think they'd have a better chance of covering if late in the game they are up something like 21-3, then it's still a close game, where as if they did score 30, then often you give up some scores in garbage time. 

If the Bills score 21 Then they are covered. 

Offensively 

Miami    6.5    points per game!!! 

JETS      9.8    points per game!!!    (including Darnold) 

Defensively 

Miami given up 40.8  points per game!!!   The JETS  25.3  points per game!!!

They play Washington Sunday .....  I expect more points on O and less on D     

[for both teams ;);) :D )

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

I no longer bet on football, but I would stay away from any spread this large in the NFL no matter who it is.  We will see what happens to the spread after this week when, as I expect, the Dolphins get their first win.  The Skins are truly a horrible team.  

12 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Not sure I get these responses.

The Bills have covered in 4 out of 5 games and won 2 outright as an underdog.

Cincinnati is the only game they did not cover and it was by 2 points in a game they had covered for 3/4 ths of the game.

They were not expected to blow anyone out until now.  Vegas thought they would be close games and they were.  

We get up by 10 our play calling gets very, very conservative.  The only way I see getting from a 10pt lead to a 17pt lead is a pick six by the defense.

7 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No way the line moves that much unless there is a serious injury to the Bills  Lines dont move 5.5 pts without something material happening.

This will require a boat load of money put on the Dolphins.  I don't see it.