Early Week 7 Line: Bills -15.5 over Dolphins

stevestojan

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The way this bills team plays, I’m guessing the bills win by 2 pts. 

I have total faith in a win but I wouldn’t touch that spread 

Not sure I get these responses.

The Bills have covered in 4 out of 5 games and won 2 outright as an underdog.

Cincinnati is the only game they did not cover and it was by 2 points in a game they had covered for 3/4 ths of the game.

They were not expected to blow anyone out until now.  Vegas thought they would be close games and they were.  

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 3

I'd pry put a small wager on the moneyline for the Fins which would pry be around plus 700 or so (still kicking myself for not betting the moneyline against the Vikings last year).  A small consolation if the Bills blow it.  Fins have been close to the Cowboys and Chargers in the first half of their last two games.  It's the NFL so any given Sunday.

Lines are simply to create action. Apparently they had to go that high to get activity on this game. Not sure we're that much better, the fins are bad this year, but they have been playing better the past two games.

Edited by CSBill

Initially I wasnt sure how to react to that line. Not because I'm not used to the Bills being favored by so much, but because the Bills have had some trouble scoring. 

Then, common sense took over. The Dolphins are very bad, only gaining around 11 first downs pg, terrible in ypp, and teams often gain first downs against them before getting to third down. They average 40 ppg against...Bills at home, coming off the bye.

30-10 Bills

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat
  • Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'd take the Fish at 15, Bills can't score so far.

Any reason to think the Dolphins can crack double digits?  I could easily imagine this game being something like 28-3 by the end.

Does anybody actually know the last time we were favored by this much?  I remember one of the SB-era teams blowing a game to the Raiders where they were favored by about two TDs, but I don't recall what the line actually was.

Edited by BillsFanSD

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'd take the Fish at 15, Bills can't score so far.

???

So far? 

NYETS   17 pts -   # 25th in PPG,     # 4  in Defense (total yards)  (with a gazillion Bills turnovers) 

GI Ants  28 pts -   # 24th in PPG,     #31 in Defense (total yards) 

BeenGals 21 pts - # 27th in PPG,    #32 in Defense (total yards) 

NE** **  10  pts -  # 1st in PPG,      # 2  in Defense (total yards)  (with half a gazillion Bills turnovers) 

Tenny   14  pts -    # 6th in PPG,      # 11  in Defense (total yards) 

18 PPG    For Buffalo's offense .   Considering the Bills played 3 of the NFL's top 10(ish) defenses. 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We are pretty good at covering the spread, but we will definitely be getting the best effort possible from Josh Rosen in this game. He will do anything in his power to take the shine off of Allen and the Bills, and we are going to find out if his best is good enough.

That being said, I am holding on to the Bills Defense in my fantasy league during the bye week, as opposed to streaming them, because I think they will have a HUGE day against Rosen and the Fins. It is worth sacrificing a roster spot for that.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

1 hour ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Initially I wasnt sure how to react to that line. Not because I'm not used to the Bills being favored by so much, but because the Bills have had some trouble scoring. 

Then, common sense took over. The Dolphins are very bad, only gaining around 11 first downs pg, terrible in ypp, and teams often gain first downs against them before getting to third down. They average 40 ppg against...Bills at home, coming off the bye.

30-10 Bills

.....maybe if the D scores 14