Do you still hate Bon Jovi music?

BrycePaup4ever

29 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm sure it's very interesting and I hope it all comes out, too.  But I'll still be fine with JBJ chasing his dream.

Same here.  Don’t you think that JBJ and the Rogers group always planned to move the team to Toronto?  I remember after the bad press, they tried to downplay those rumors 

I will admit, I was born a Bon Jovi fan. I was born in 1986 and my Uncle who's also a Bills and big Bon Jovi fan got me on them at the age of 2. I would rock out with him to "Bad Medicine" and then came the Keep the Faith days and then These Days days and I listened to them straight through until 2005 when they made Have a Nice Day and that was it. Their music became trash to me after that. 

So, I had already gotten to the point of I didn't care about them anymore when rumors spread about him Jon Bon Jovi buying the Bills and moving them to Toronto. It felt kind of odd knowing that I grew up loving this band so much and now the singer of the band was going to move my favorite football team away. I wasn't having that. I took the Bills over Bon Jovi anyday. I grew a hatred for him for a while and wanted nothing to do with him or the band for at least a solid year afterward. Then one day driving home from work I couldn't help it, "I'll Be There For You" came on the radio and I told myself I couldn't do it. It couldn't be done but I gave in. I poured my heart and soul singing that song in my car driving home from work and those fuzzy Bon Jovi memories of childhood came back. All is forgiven. So now, I do listen to them but only the good stuff. The all the way up to 2005 Bon Jovi stuff. Not the John Shanks produced garbage they have made ever since then. One thing Is for sure. That band was so freaking good back in the day, I don't care what anyone says. If anyone tells you Bon Jovi sucks you can say that now they do but not back then. They had some of the best songs ever made and if anyone says otherwise, they're a darn fool. 

That's it. Carry on. Go Bills 

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Walter said:

Same here.  Don’t you think that JBJ and the Rogers group always planned to move the team to Toronto?  I remember after the bad press, they tried to downplay those rumors 

Oh, I absolutely think that was the plan.  Would have sucked for Bills fans.  But I still wouldn't have held Bon Jovi responsible for it, or hated him for it.  It's not like Jon Bon Jovi (who would have been a minority owner, similar to Derek Jeter in Miami) was like, "my dream is to buy the Buffalo Bills so I can move them out of Buffalo and into Toronto."

The dude just wants to be an NFL owner.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, metbill said:

His music is not allowed to ever play in my house or auto.  It sucks anyway so I am better for it.

But, it's playing in your post... Just messing w/you:

w/lyrics too:

"Once upon a time not so long ago
Tommy used to work on the docks, union's been on strike
He's down on his luck, it's tough, so tough
Gina works the diner all day working for her man
She brings home her pay, for love, for love
She says, we've got to hold on to what we've got
It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not
We've got each other and that's a lot for love
We'll give it a shot
Woah, we're half way there
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Tommy's got his six-string in hock
Now he's holding in what he used to make it talk
So tough, it's tough
Gina dreams of running away
When she cries in the night, Tommy whispers
Baby, it's okay, someday
We've got to hold on to what we've got
It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not
We've got each other and that's a lot for love
We'll give it a shot
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Livin' on a prayer
Oh, we've got to hold on, ready or not
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Woah, livin' on a prayer"

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Oh, I absolutely think that was the plan.  Would have sucked for Bills fans.  But I still wouldn't have held Bon Jovi responsible for it, or hated him for it.  It's not like Jon Bon Jovi (who would have been a minority owner, similar to Derek Jeter in Miami) was like, "my dream is to buy the Buffalo Bills so I can move them out of Buffalo and into Toronto."

The dude just wants to be an NFL owner.

A New Jersey Bills owner.  Thanx, I will take one born in Michigan and another in Pennsylvania first!  LoL... 

16 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Jon Bon Jovi says he would have kept Bills in Buffalo.  Blames the bad info on Trump, who was trying to eliminate competition, and get the Bills at a bargain.

I have no use whatsoever for Bon Jovi's music. With that said, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here. He may actually believe what he is saying. But he was never anything more than a sock puppet for the owners. The public well-known face who had a VERY small minority stake in the team. His opinion and wishes likely carried no weight with the other potential owners.

Edited by The Dean
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I have no use whatsoever for Bon Jovi's music. With that said, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here. He may actually believe what he is saying. But he was never anything more than a sock puppet for the owners. The public well-known face who had a VERY small minority stake in the team. His opinion and wishes likely carried no weight with the other potential owners.

Whatever. You stick your face out there to do something wrong,  expect it to get punched

1 hour ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

Heard Living on a Prayer today and reminded me of this sign??

71952C21-E906-4887-9353-459BD4E25A0E.jpeg

I am sure that if JBJ'g group was successful in purchasing the Bills, they would have eventually tried to move to Toronto.  But didn't it come out that Trump's group was the ones that released the rumors?  Or elaborated on the rumors in order to increase his chances?  I'll have to find the interview.

Here are a few:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/1/25/16925258/buffalo-bills-bon-jovi-says-he-wanted-to-keep-bills-in-buffalo-2018

https://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-shady-scheme-to-buy-nfl-buffalo-bills

Edited by ricojes

17 minutes ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

Whatever. You stick your face out there to do something wrong,  expect it to get punched

Whatever indeed. I've disliked him WAY before all this. Just saying, he probably would have had no say whatever on where they located the team.

It's OK, in fact it's a sign of intelligence, to be able to separate issues and address them individually. He was the face/voice of the ownership group. And he caught the requisite s#it for it. I'm just saying he was probably a clueless puppet for the group. That's all.

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

So, he’s a schill who was willingly open to misleading people? 

I can’t say I love that. Don’t promote or represent anything you don’t understand. That's a good rule in life. I’m pretty sue on this one. He’s not THAT naive. 

10 hours ago, Augie said:

So, he’s a schill who was willingly open to misleading people? 

I can’t say I love that. Don’t promote or represent anything you don’t understand. That's a good rule in life. I’m pretty sue on this one. He’s not THAT naive. 

Look, I'm not defending Bon Jovi. I really don't like the guy or his music. But still you say "he was willing to openly mislead". In order for that to be true, he'd have to know he was misleading. What I'm saying is, he may have believed what he was saying, 100%. Do you REALLY think Bon Jovi is a savvy businessman who can't be fooled by the likes of the Rogers' folks? Bon Jovi is a lifelong musician (in the broadest sense). He doesn't strike me as having a sharp business mind. Why do you think so many rich people are conned out of their money by savvy business people?

A patsy is a patsy for a reason. Now I'm not saying being a patsy is admirable or a good thing. What I'm saying is one MIGHT take a second to think, he may have been an unwitting accomplice instead of an intentional liar. Does it make a difference? Well, yes it does to me. Why? Because they are different things. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but they are different things.  I think it's a better bet (in this case) that Bon Jovi was a bumbling idiot who was in way over his head. That might be worse (in some way) than believing he was at all instrumental in the brainwork that went into that consortium's plan.

With all that said, who thought using Bon Jovi would be good front man for a group trying to buy the Bills? If it was one of the NJ teams, I'd get it. Is (well, WAS) Buffalo some kind of hotbed of fandom for Mr. Jovi? (And yes, I know his real name.)

13 hours ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

Do you really think Bon Jovi would of moved Bills to another city?

I think he honestly didn't care too much either way, and I believe his vote would have even been to stay in Buffalo. The problem is, he was only gonna be 1/3 minority owner, so his vote didn't mean jack squat. So the fact that he associated with majority owners that had clear interests in moving the team to Toronto, tells me everything I need to know. Also, he only has two songs, and just like 20 variations of them. Other than Wanted Dead or Alive, I never cared much for his music to begin with.

I went to a concert with a girlfriend back in 84 or 85 ... The Scorpions were the headliner ... About 4 songs into the opening bands set I say to my GF, who are these guys, they suck ... She told me they're Bon Jovi, they're new and have a song on the radio ... I told her they still suck.

I never changed my opinion.