Colin's Newest Power Ranking: Bills at 9.

mykidsdad

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i'm fairly certain they are aware of this..... ?

So we are both good at stating the obvious then... ?

14 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Then there is PFF who generously moved us up to number 19. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2019-pff-week-6-nfl-power-rankings

But they watch every snap so it must be true .. maybe they missed the 4 wins and the near loss to NE or they are mistakenly watching film from last year.

Holy pile'a crap, Batman. Those rankings are hideous. They should be ashamed of themselves. I hope someone makes them go sit in a corner for a while.

Rams have dropped two straight yet they still come in at #4? And the team that just beat them, Seattle, actually drops from 10th to 12th after a victory? And Seattle has Russell Wilson playing probably the best ball of his career right now, but nah, they're eight spots lower than a team on a two-game losing streak.

Titans and Steelers ahead of the Bills?

I know these rankings don't really mean a whole lot, they're just something to chew on for fans during the week, but cripes... those PFF rankings are abysmal. I've always questioned their credibility and whatever credit I may have given them just got flushed down the terlet, which is exactly where their rankings need to go. 

5 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Holy pile'a crap, Batman. Those rankings are hideous. They should be ashamed of themselves. I hope someone makes them go sit in a corner for a while.

Rams have dropped two straight yet they still come in at #4? And the team that just beat them, Seattle, actually drops from 10th to 12th after a victory? And Seattle has Russell Wilson playing probably the best ball of his career right now, but nah, they're eight spots lower than a team on a two-game losing streak.

Titans and Steelers ahead of the Bills?

I know these rankings don't really mean a whole lot, they're just something to chew on for fans during the week, but cripes... those PFF rankings are abysmal. I've always questioned their credibility and whatever credit I may have given them just got flushed down the terlet, which is exactly where their rankings need to go. 

It's crazy, they have many of the Bills players ranked high in their player rankings, especially on Defense and we completely shut down the Offense of the number 1 rated team. Yet they disrespect the Bills with a bottom 3rd rank? Their little goofy stat thing even has us ranked 14th overall combining OFF DEF and special teams. Seems like they don't like what their own stats say. 

• Like (+1) 1

I was just listening to wgr and they had on John Clayton and he was asked about the Browns and their chances of making the playoffs. Basically he said the AFC is wide open because there's so many bad teams and he noted that there's good teams Kansas City and New England and then paused and said maybe Indianapolis or Houston and stopped. He never once mentioned Buffalo. I know he covers the Seahawks and couldnt care less about Buffalo but come on!

Edited by r00tabaga

On 10/9/2019 at 6:44 PM, Augie said:

To be fair, he didn’t drop us much or at all for losing to the Pats*. He saw it as a positive, we could hang with his #1. Could have gone either way. Hate if you want, but this would not be accurate. He says we have the best D in the league. I hope he’s right. 

We certainly have the coaching and talent on D to be in the #1 discussion. A #1 D should be able to destroy Miami next week. I’m talking sub 200 yards total offense and under 10 points. 

25 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

We certainly have the coaching and talent on D to be in the #1 discussion. A #1 D should be able to destroy Miami next week. I’m talking sub 200 yards total offense and under 10 points. 

I will take NOTHING for granted! ? 

Sagarin and 538 have the Bills at 16 and beating Miami won't change much.  I think that's fair given who they have beaten.  Until they beat a top 10 team (Eagles) there really is not much reason to move them higher.  As for the PFF commentary, harping on 4 missed field goals is dumb.  One was blocked, one was from 50 and another from 53.   The Bills last drive went 9 plays and 50 yards with the Titans needing the ball back and ended in the RZ w/o points because the Bills didn't need them.  It is beyond stupid to add 9 to the Titans score and declare them the "if only" winner of the game.

On 10/9/2019 at 9:43 PM, BUFFALOTONE said:

I’d you ever miss his show it goes like this:

lebron 20 minites

koby 5 minutes

Brady and Belichek 20 minutes

aaron Rodgers 15 minutes 

russel Wilson 15 minutes

Usc football 15 minutes 

wash rinse repeat... and literally repeat, repeat, repeat 

That’s him in a nutshell. I’m convinced that he simply has his minions search Twitter for mentions and bases his show in proportion to the results. 

In a former life, I used to live in the Portland OR area while this guy was the biggest wanker on the airwaves.

Why anyone would listen to him, much less "actually listen to him" blows me away.

Is the "Cowherd" the name of his fans?

Maybe someone should suggest, "Cow Mafia" now that our team broke his top-10.