Was the Music City Miracle lateral legal? No bias, please answer honestly

1 hour ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Blaming that loss on that play is as bad as Saints fans blaming the loss to the Rams on no pass interference. So many blown opportunities to put the game away that it shouldn’t have come down to a judgement call.

btw, I think it was ever so slightly backwards. It took years for me to come to that realization and acceptance.

Do you not see the picture 2 posts above yours? And for the 29th time, where the "thrower" is has absolutely no effect on the call. Only where the ball is released.

8 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I think it was pretty clearly a legal lateral. Looks like it travels at least a foot or two backwards. I've never really understood (apart from the emotions involved) why people actually believed it was a forward pass.

I love how at the end of the video the say"infamously lost by one yard"

karma baby we was robbed.

10 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Do you not see the picture 2 posts above yours? And for the 29th time, where the "thrower" is has absolutely no effect on the call. Only where the ball is released.

Yes, exactly? That picture is pointing out that the ball traveled slightly backwards. Which is exactly what I said. What’s your point?

8 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Yes, exactly? That picture is pointing out that the ball traveled slightly backwards. Which is exactly what I said. What’s your point?

My point is somehow I quoted the wrong person.

My post was intended for Xwnyer. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We were not likely going to win another game anyway, we weren’t that good.  People hold on to this like it was a Kelly led team in his prime.

Why does anyone even still care about this game so much?  We weren’t close to the best team in the AFC

Bills lost to Titans by this miracle.

Titans lost Super Bowl by 1 yard.

It sounds like Bills had Super Bowl odds that year

7 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

For a better sense of scale.

But please, keep crying about how it was SO OBVIOUS the ball "gained yardage" to be a forward pass.  Ball ended up no where near the 26, ended up closer to the 25 than when it was released.

lateral3.gif

What's your agenda, exactly?  We beat your sorry Titan team this year, when it counts.

9 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I'm not sure how you can say to pay attention to where the ball is and still say it was illegal.  Doesn't look like the ball was thrown from behind the line to me, he's reaching forward and throwing sidearm.

lateral2.gif

Look at the picture I made and show me where the ball "gained yardage".

Watch the video.  Still photos, especially ones spliced together, don't work. A still from anywhere along that axis will tell any story you want.

:20-:23

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Watch the video.  Still photos, especially ones spliced together, don't work. A still from anywhere along that axis will tell any story you want.

:20-:23

Correct.  The still photo is not at all clear and is misleading.  The video shows that it clearly was a forward pass.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

since some fans highly prize resentment and grumbling and pissing and moaning, this was the perfect gift for this pathological mindset:

1)  a close play to convince yerself you got ripped off, you blame everything under the sun anyways so this is a good cow's cud to regurgitate and chew on for 60 years of your life;

and

2) your god Flutie was snubbed for this game, so you can nurse this grudge ON TOP OF the first point for the rest of your life

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Correct.  The still photo is not at all clear and is misleading.  The video shows that it clearly was a forward pass.

Stills are ALWAYS MISLEADING. Go anywhere along that axis and it will show anything you want.  Don't even attempt to win an argument by splicing two stills together = FakeNews!®

You have to watch it in real time.  He clearly throws it foward.

Well... At least they got it right last weekend with Marriota's illegal forward pass.  20 years too late!

On 10/9/2019 at 5:25 PM, BrycePaup4ever said:

I wish it was in HD because it is grainy, but looking at it frame by frame (ya i need a life) i think it was legal by an inch or two. I also wonder why Wade even called a timeout before the FG kick. How often is there a bad snap where they cover it up and try again?Seemed like karma for Wade or Ralph for benching Flutie. Off the record, i dont think the special teams coach deserved to be fired over that.

its a niracle because it was a bad non call of a forward pass

Back at the time of the game, a physics professor (I believe) at UB wrote a piece which I think appeared in the Buffalo News.

He analyzed everything there was to analyze and concluded the lateral was a forward pass.

I'm sure you can find it if you wander around on Google.