Was the Music City Miracle lateral legal? No bias, please answer honestly

It's bad enough that I was at a bar for the Bills/Titans game at noon.  So over an hour, I watched that ***** play on 20 different TVs at least 30 ***** times.

And now ... this ...

Ugh.

1 minute ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

But could Tebow's quadruple A team beat the Mets? 

Yes....This is the only exception:bag:

Damn you.

• Haha (+1) 2

Yeah, I've always felt that it was ever so slightly backwards.  It was maybe be just the slightest few inches backwards but hey backwards is backwards.  It looks backwards to me when you see the angles straight down the line.  At best it was exactly level which, as mentioned a few posts up, goes to a backward lateral.

Also, let's not forget one of the biggest plays in the comeback was Don Beebe catching a TD pass after stepping out of bounds.  Therefore anyone who takes joy in the comeback has pretty much revoked their right to complain about the lateral.

• Like (+1) 1

they just played a replay during last sunday's game @ tenn.  it was so obviously going forward i relived the agony all over again.  all you have to do is look.  

1 minute ago, Figster said:

Music City Miracle is what happens when you insult the football gods with surfer dude.

or have some front office meddling and mishandling karma....

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Like you said, legal or illegal it was by a matter of inches. Complete judgement call and impossible to overturn the call on the field. Should have put them away before that happened anyways. It was not the Bills best game. 

It didn't matter anyway.  That team wasn't going deep in the playoffs. Benching Flutie was your kharma....

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

It is the ball the matters, not the position of the person. When you watch the ball it is super close. But I don't get why an official didn't call it because it APPEARS to be a forward lateral because of that very issue.

If you're up to watching the replay, you'll see the official wasn't in position, still moving up the sideline. He called the play while running.

It is a forward pass no matter how you look at it. The refs were afraid because of the home crowd. As much of a soap opera as that 99 Bills team was it may have been the best Defense in the league that year. We win that game, we make the Superbowl. Zero question.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's enough to make one ask "who else have I seen start piles of inane threads like this?"

IT's the bye week.....

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's enough to make one ask "who else have I seen start piles of inane threads like this?"

Never during the season, Hap.  Never during the season.