Will we finally see the Bills FULL OFFENSE after the bye?

ChicagoRic

1 minute ago, Nick the Greek said:

Is Kroft actually any good? 

My prediction for him is he plays like 5 snaps and re injuries his foot and is out again for 4 games. 

I guess we will  never know. 

He caught 7 TDs back in 2017. Seems like a red zone threat. Don’t care though want to see a lot more of Knox.

34 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

That is why that approach may take the Bills to going all in mode whether they plan it or not.

They have been all in all season, they have just been quite about it, no braggadocio....

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

With Duke replacing Zay and Singletary, Kroft, and the full O line likely being ready to go, will we see a change in this offense?  For the first time, they might actually have all the pieces in place.

Not so sure about Kroft but the rest of the crew should be there.  Bills playing Miami at home.  If we are ever gonna see a complete game we need to see it then!

The change in personnel is not likely to be that significant at all.

Whether improvement happens will come down to how much or how little Josh Allen keeps improving. Oh, and how well and when the O-line gels.

Edited by Thurman#1

4 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

With Duke replacing Zay and Singletary, Kroft, and the full O line likely being ready to go, will we see a change in this offense?  For the first time, they might actually have all the pieces in place.

The Bills offense indeed exploded in the final regular season game against Miami where  Allen was responsible for 5 TDs.   So may be they will wake up. 

3 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

No, won't be full until we acquire a top notch playmaker later in the month.

Not going to happen

Don"t disrespect Miami!

IMO it's easy to coach and plan for teams like that: convince your guys to give their all for one quarter or one half. If the score is out of reach, you run a lot and mostly a vanilla offense. But don't come in all cocky! Any given Sunday...

Kroft will help - he may be the best all around TE on the team. A two TE set with Kroft and Knox will be a nightmare to defend.  They can play them both on the LOS and run; play action out of the same formation, or go four wide with both of them split out matched against linebackers.

It would be the Patriots with Hernandez and Gronk.  

Duke will present matchup issues due to his size and ability to block.  It will be interesting to see if he can get any separation from NFL DBs.

No secret I was upset they let McCoy go.  He has a 5.4 YPA but on only 40 carries.  He and Gore would have been a great combo with Singletary getting 5-8 touches a game for the first half or so of the season.  Now we just have to hope the rest will allow Singletary to contribute.  Gore looks so old and slow.  I think he will look solid for the next four games and then the wheels will fall off.  Hopefully by then Singletary will be able to handle 20+ touches a game.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Kroft will help - he may be the best all around TE on the team. A two TE set with Kroft and Knox will be a nightmare to defend.  They can play them both on the LOS and run; play action out of the same formation, or go four wide with both of them split out matched against linebackers.

It would be the Patriots with Hernandez and Gronk.  

Duke will present matchup issues due to his size and ability to block.  It will be interesting to see if he can get any separation from NFL DBs.

No secret I was upset they let McCoy go.  He has a 5.4 YPA but on only 40 carries.  He and Gore would have been a great combo with Singletary getting 5-8 touches a game for the first half or so of the season.  Now we just have to hope the rest will allow Singletary to contribute.  Gore looks so old and slow.  I think he will look solid for the next four games and then the wheels will fall off.  Hopefully by then Singletary will be able to handle 20+ touches a game.  

Got to agree with a lot of what you say here. 

Kroft is a good TE, his problem is he can’t stay healthy. If Kroft is healthy he is the best all around TE the Bills have.  Knox will get there but right now he lacks the consistency. 

I watch Gore and i am in awe. I also watch his runs and think gosh what another back could of picked up on that run. I also think Gore is going to be much less effective as the season wears on. I also think this may be why the staff has held Singletary back. If they can keep Singletary ready to run the second half it will help him and Gore. I think the plan all along was to run Gore the majority of snaps early in the year and then gradually flip it during the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not a fan of all this "vanilla vs. Miami" talk. We have all seen the Bills pull out games they had no business being in. We have all seen the Bills win games where EVERYONE picked their opponent to crush them. I hope the players and coaches aren't taking Miami as lightly as some of TSW...

14 hours ago, shane nelson said:

Nope, too many moving parts and they are just coming together.  We literlly have 9 new players on offense and 4 new starters on the offense line.  It can take years to build solid chemistry.  That said, I think we will start to see significant improvement in November and peak performance in December injuries pending of course.  It you follow the NE model.  Sept/Oct (wins) Nov (know who you are) Dec (peak and get on a run)    

:thumbsup:

Exactly what I was going to reply with(minus the NE part). Glad I read through this thread 1st.

Edited by Dopey

I know there it is tempting to try and win against Miami with a plain / simple / "vanilla" Offense, but the concern I have is two-fold:

1. NFL - Any Given Sunday: any NFL team can beat another, it's why despite horrible teams only ONE has gone 0-16

2. Divisional Game: no reason to think you can play soft and win a Divisional game. 

In addition to these two reasons, I think it is hard to not regain the killer instinct in young players when they pull the hand off the throat a bit. Great teams go in with great game plans and hold nothing back and if they throttle the team, so be it. But think of what Miami did to NE last year. NE rolled in to town and thought they would just keep rolling over the Fins and on a wild play at the end, walked out with the giant L. 

My point being, this game and every game should be treated like the Super Bowl. You bring the beast and unleash its power and you never....let....up until the clock is at 0 and the W is in the books. Killer instincts, no mercy and then you game plan for Philly. Just my opinion, but this team has shown me too many times over the last 20 years: waltz in and get cute, and your backside will look like shredded cheese when it's over. 

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

I don't believe Daboll is waiting to unleash the full power of this offense. What we have is:

An offense with 8 or 9 starters who have played 5 total NFL games together, led by a 2nd year QB with 16 total NFL games under his belt.

They have played 3 defenses in the top 12 in YPG

They have played 3 defenses in the top 12 in defensive DVOA

They have played 2 teams in the top 6 in PPG

Against the other two teams, they averaged over 400 YPG, 24 first downs PG, and 24.5 PPG

Overall, after five games, they are 12th in YPG

Overall, after five games, they are 26th in PPG (Although, they are 7th in redzone points and 4th in redzone TDs)

They actually have a pretty good offense that could be very good. They have moved the ball against every team they have played. Their problems have been consistency, turnovers, and critical mistakes (penalties, drops, etc) that end drives, particularly scoring drives. They clearly have done well once they get into the redzone; however, they have had so many drives end inside the opponents 50, but outside of scoring range. Mostly because of these issues. I won't even mention the coma the team and coaching staff seemed to slip into in the third quarter of 4 of the 5 games.

If they can just correct these things, they will be a top ten offense in both yards and points.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1