Could Alabama Crimson Tide beat the Miami Dolphins?

BrycePaup4ever

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

I've never said any such thing and it really doesn't matter anyway.  The point is, the talent level at a school like Alabama or Clemson is probably higher than on the Dolphins.  The Phins might beat them, but they definitely would not physically overwhelm them, as many here suggest.

Just because you’re not saying the specific words does t mean that’s not what you’re arguing.

The Alabama players right now, who have a lot of teenagers playing will immediately adjust to the NFL speed, will not be overwhelmed against an NFL playbook, Tua will understand and pick up on any disguises the defense gives them and will physically match up with players in the NFL across the line.  In order for you to believe Alabama could beat Miami, the above I mention you have to believe.  I guess there’s no learning curves anymore....these guys are immediately ready even a few years before they get to the NFL LOL....

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Please.  You're one of my favorite posters here, but that is a pathetic argument.  

How? Those 2 linemen were physically dominant in college and already got hurt.  More players from Bama would get hurt.  It’s guys in nfl weight rooms who are closing in on 30 vs 21 and 22 years olds.  

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

This Miami team led Dallas at halftime.  So you think Bama could have the lead against Dallas?

and as a big Howard fan, what has he proven in the nfl?  Maybe he’s not as good when he is playing against the men in the nfl instead of college kids.  Man Gunner, I’m normally with you but this is insane.  Boys against men.  And know I want this game to happen. 

This Miami team is ***** pathetic. I have picked them to beat the Redskins this week though.... :D

Howard has proven to be a big standard NFL starter. That is better than almost every player on the Dolphins. They only have to all be that good to be more talented than this bottom feeding Dolphins team. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I hate Saban. But if you don't think he is a better coach than Brian Flores I don't know what to tell you. 

...maybe the Fins could hire him back, but with a "void contract if you pull another I'm leaving" fiasco.......St Nick thought he'd have TOTAL control over NFL team personnel like he does in 'Bama.."I'll cancel your scholarship"...oh wait.......bruised ego in the pro ranks.....

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

As you said pride is very big for these guys

And I'm sure some of them believe it...

The thing with college kids is they are trotting out 18-19 year olds a good amount

Besides Tremaine and a few others the NFL is trotting out 27 year old men... Development is a huge difference

Could the OHL champs beat the worst sabres team? Hell no

Look, I doubt that Alabama would beat even a below average NFL team, but I think there is near zero chance that they would be physically overmatched and blown out like many here suggest.  I don't know when you played in the ACC, but teams like Alabama and Clemson didn't really exist 10 or 15 years ago.  They are literally stacked with NFL talent.  Almost every starter will play in the NFL in the next year or two.  They aren't going to be embarrassed by a team like the Dolphins.    

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Fine.  Then how do you account for the many former Tide players in the NFL (such as Marcel Dareus) who say that Alabama would win a lot of games in the NFL?  Are they just wrong?  Who would know better than them?

Marcel also thought it was a good idea to speed with weed in his car after already failed multiple drug tests.  When I think of intellectual statements...I think Marcell Dareus.

44 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Saban had a 15-17 nfl record. Tua might try to throw an out that Xavier Howard easily picks off.  

Some college teams have huge advantages because they simply just get the best recruits. Rosen I believe was the number 1 qb as a recruit. Parker was a first rounder. Howard is a pro bowler.  

Saban also asked for Brees and was given Dante Culpepper. And he brought Bellichick's defense from #30 to #2 in Cleveland as DC.

That said, Alabama would have no chance against Miami. They have lots of players who will make the NFL, and Miami got rid of their most talented players (including Minkah Fitzpatrick) but they would still beat the Crimson Tide. 

I will say this.....if Bama had a professional offensive line, the phish could not cover their receivers imo.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

The other guy who said it was Reggie Ragland iirc. Maybe Cyrus Kouandijo thinks so too. Haven't heard from Trent Richardson or Dee Milliner yet.

So of those only Ragland is from the Bama era where I think this is a question. I am talking specifically about this era of those 4 consecutive Championship games - Clemson, Clemson, Georgia, Clemson. I think this last 5 years of Alabama products is a step up on any kind of NFL production line than I have seen before. 

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...maybe the Fins could hire him back, but with a "void contract if you pull another I'm leaving" fiasco.......St Nick thought he'd have TOTAL control over NFL team personnel like he does in 'Bama.."I'll cancel your scholarship"...oh wait.......bruised ego in the pro ranks.....

Sometimes I think people really don't understand the difference between college and professional football...in any respect

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mannc said:

Look, I doubt that Alabama would beat even a below average NFL team, but I think there is near zero chance that they would be physically overmatched and blown out like many here suggest.  I don't know when you played in the ACC, but teams like Alabama and Clemson didn't really exist 10 or 15 years ago.  They are literally stacked with NFL talent.  Almost every starter will play in the NFL in the next year or two.  They aren't going to be embarrassed by a team like the Dolphins.    

I don't think I disagreed that many Bama players will go to the league

Where I disagree is that alot of them won't pan out... Sure they might send 17 to the league, but probably only half will stick

How many become all pros or impact players? 1-2 , maybe 3...

Everybody on the Phins has made an NFL roster

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This Miami team is ***** pathetic. I have picked them to beat the Redskins this week though.... :D

Howard has proven to be a big standard NFL starter. That is better than almost every player on the Dolphins. They only have to all be that good to be more talented than this bottom feeding Dolphins team. 

Howard has 141 yards this year and go hurt last year. Again, I loved him but he hasn’t proven anything.  At this point, Ryan Fitzpatrick has had the better nfl career.  And that’s the whole point Gunner. You’re just assuming stuff. 

There is a very real possible that Tua won’t put up stats close to Fitz.  And it’s silly to assume that. 

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I agree with that. Saban won't come back to the NFL because I think he knows it found him out. He was "just a guy" at that level. But again.... there are people who year in year out coach NFL bottom feeders who aren't even that good. Whether it is Steve Wilks or Freddie Kitchens or Brian Flores. 

1 minute ago, mannc said:

A 18-20 year old freshman/sophomore who starts at Alabama won’t be physically overmatched by NFL players in their mid to upper 20’s?  Really?  

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Saban also asked for Brees and was given Dante Culpepper. And he brought Bellichick's defense from #30 to #2 in Cleveland as DC.

That said, Alabama would have no chance against Miami. They have lots of players who will make the NFL, and Miami got rid of their most talented players (including Minkah Fitzpatrick) but they would still beat the Crimson Tide. 

I will say this.....if Bama had a professional offensive line, the phish could not cover their receivers imo.

You know it’s a million times easier to win in college.  Alabama recruits itself now.  I do think Saban is a good coach but it is so much easier in college. 

And I think Xavier Howard, a pro bowler last year, could cover their receivers. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

You know it’s a million times easier to win in college.  Alabama recruits itself now.  I do think Saban is a good coach but it is so much easier in college. 

And I think Xavier Howard, a pro bowler last year, could cover their receivers. 

All 4 of them?

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Howard has 141 yards this year and go hurt last year. Again, I loved him but he hasn’t proven anything.  At this point, Ryan Fitzpatrick has had the better nfl career.  And that’s the whole point Gunner. You’re just assuming stuff. 

There is a very real possible that Tua won’t put up stats close to Fitz.  And it’s silly to assume that. 

I am not assuming anything. It is ridiculous comparing Howard to Fitz. How does Howard look compared to anyone the Fins have at tight end? Xavien Howard is a vert good football player. I will take Marlon Humphrey all day though. 

If you think I am arguing the Crimson Tide has produced a bona fide NFL QB I am not. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.