Could Alabama Crimson Tide beat the Miami Dolphins?

BrycePaup4ever

5 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

You can tell it’s bye week with this idiotic topic resurfacing 

Hahaha so true, good call

Best part was last year there were a handful insisting that Alabama's defense was one of the best ever and Alabama would beat the Bills...then that alleged legendary defense got lit up by a Freshman QB in the Title game who quite frankly has not been very good as a sophomore.  

Let me know when Alabama can handle their college opponents before we start this make believe notion they can beat an NFL team.  

Its a silly notion, always has been and always will be.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, iinii said:

Lake Placid. End of story. 

If the question is if we give an all star team of college kids a full year to play just hockey/football and become a cohesive unit then maybe but that is not the way this question was asked imo.

1 hour ago, jimmy10 said:

I’m all for dropping the banhammer on whoever starts the annual “Could Alabama beat...” thread. 

from your SI article:

Being in the league, I can see where guys from other schools didn’t get our kind of coaching,” says Jaguars defensive tackle Marcell Dareus, who played for Alabama from 2008-10. “The way Coach Saban taught us was just a different way. We look at this game differently.

Yeah, ok Marcell. 

You ever look at this game.... ON WEEEED?

Very underrated movie.

1 hour ago, NC Book said:

No way imo. All these guys would be pre rookies. Just factor that in. Ncaas best 53 would get killed by nfl lines. 

Miami would certainly have the edge in depth and experience, but consider that the all-stars would have the top 10 picks in the upcoming draft all on one team so they would certainly have a handful of players with more talent than anyone currently on the Dolphins team. For example, are Nick Bosa and Ed Oliver getting killed by NFL lines? What if they were on the same team with Quinnen Williams and Clelin Ferrell? Not sure I'd take the Dolphins OL against that.

As I said, Miami would be a clear and heavy favorite but it would be a much closer and more interesting game that vs Alabama.

8 minutes ago, vincec said:

Miami would certainly have the edge in depth and experience, but consider that the all-stars would have the top 10 picks in the upcoming draft all on one team so they would certainly have a handful of players with more talent than anyone currently on the Dolphins team. For example, are Nick Bosa and Ed Oliver getting killed by NFL lines? What if they were on the same team with Quinnen Williams and Clelin Ferrell? Not sure I'd take the Dolphins OL against that.

As I said, Miami would be a clear and heavy favorite but it would be a much closer and more interesting game that vs Alabama.

It would not even be competitive. Every NFL team has over 50 players who were top college studs. Every year this comes up and it's a silly comparison, no matter how good the college team or how bad the nfl team.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, vincec said:

Ok. Those guys are pretty good. But how do they hold up for 4 quarters vs an NFL line? Who is in that DL rotation? And what about the the 2nd level. Who are the LBs? How big are they? Tremaine Edmunds is a physical freak, Roquan Smith is a beast also. But imagine them as rookies, or even before getting drafted going against NFL lineman and NFL offensive coordinators. College kids that haven't even had a chance to adjust yet, no NFL coaching. Thats what we're talking about, right a college team against a pro team right? It would not be close at all. Mike Tyson vs. Floyd Mayweather type battle. 

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hahaha so true, good call

Best part was last year there were a handful insisting that Alabama's defense was one of the best ever and Alabama would beat the Bills...then that alleged legendary defense got lit up by a Freshman QB in the Title game who quite frankly has not been very good as a sophomore.  

Let me know when Alabama can handle their college opponents before we start this make believe notion they can beat an NFL team.  

Its a silly notion, always has been and always will be.  

Any pro team can beat any college team, no problem.  This is a given.

That said, the bolded was a rather dumb comment. I dare say that they generally play pretty well.

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Any pro team can beat any college team, no problem.  This is a given.

That said, the bolded was a rather dumb comment. I dare say that they generally play pretty well.

not sure who ever stated that Bama isn't playing "pretty well" under Saban  :D

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/9/2019 at 4:11 PM, BrycePaup4ever said:

NFL rules, outdoors, neutral site

I  am not sure if it was a 1 game showdown , but maybe in a best of 5.

No, not even if they brought Gase back and played their 3rd string. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.