Could Alabama Crimson Tide beat the Miami Dolphins?

BrycePaup4ever

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am a HUGE Crimson Tide Fan who thinks that they would lose but your post is enough to close this thread. 

The bottom line is that it would take a similar miracle. 

Nice post!

Thanks. It hit me recently. The impossible did happen. 

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think you think the NFL game is purely physical.  You’re not taking into consideration the complexity differences or the mental aspect.

College football players are only allowed 20 hours of practice a week by NCAA rules.  They have smaller playbooks and spend less time preparing because of their limited time.

NFL players can have more complex schemes because they have that much more time...this is there full time job.

If you really believe that a college team could beat an NFL team then you don’t believe there’s any adjustment period between college to the pros.  

Whoa Whoa Whoa...you are bringing too much logic and common sense into this annual nonsense.  

At least this time they aren't arguing Alabama would beat the Bills like these same people were this time last year.

• Haha (+1) 1

Here is an article with some actual facts.  For example, the Dolphins have 19 undrafted players on their roster and 15 players that were added to their roster after training camp began.  In other words, it's not a roster with a lot of quality NFL talent.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article235500782.html 

And here's another, with lots of former Alabama players weighing in.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/23/can-alabama-beat-nfl-team-nick-saban-reggie-ragland-marcell-dareus-mark-ingram

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m all for dropping the banhammer on whoever starts the annual “Could Alabama beat...” thread. 

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

Here is an article with some actual facts.  For example, the Dolphins have 19 undrafted players on their roster and 15 players that were added to their roster after training camp began.  In other words, it's not a roster with a lot of quality NFL talent.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article235500782.html 

And here's another, with lots of former Alabama players weighing in.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/23/can-alabama-beat-nfl-team-nick-saban-reggie-ragland-marcell-dareus-mark-ingram

from your SI article:

Being in the league, I can see where guys from other schools didn’t get our kind of coaching,” says Jaguars defensive tackle Marcell Dareus, who played for Alabama from 2008-10. “The way Coach Saban taught us was just a different way. We look at this game differently.

Yeah, ok Marcell. 

You ever look at this game.... ON WEEEED?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NC Book said:

Even if it were a FBS 1st team all American squad, it still wouldn't be close. How many 1st and 2nd round busts are there? Size and speed difference from college roster to NFL roster is immense. These 18 - 22 year olds would get smacked around by those grown ass men. No college team ever could beat any pro team ever. Well maybe the pro teams from 60s and 70s because they were all smaller and slower back then haha. 

I think that would be much closer. Miami would still be the heavy favorite, but given enough time to prepare I think the FBS all-Americans would at least score some points and keep the Dolphins under 50.

Against Alabama, the only question would be if the Dolphins made it to 100 or not.

5 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

I’m all for dropping the banhammer on whoever starts the annual “Could Alabama beat...” thread. 

from your SI article:

Being in the league, I can see where guys from other schools didn’t get our kind of coaching,” says Jaguars defensive tackle Marcell Dareus, who played for Alabama from 2008-10. “The way Coach Saban taught us was just a different way. We look at this game differently.

Yeah, ok Marcell. 

You ever look at this game.... ON WEEEED?

Not very funny or original.

Your lame joke aside, I would say Marcel is infinitely more qualified than you are to weigh in on the subject at hand.

43 minutes ago, iinii said:

Lake Placid. End of story. 

What's amazing about this is that the Soviet team wasn't the Miami Dolphins. They were the best professional team in the world that had just defeated the NHL all-stars in an "exhibition" series. So to lose to a team of US college all stars is actually an even crazier upset that Alabama beating Miami.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Not very funny or original.

Your lame joke aside, I would say Marcel is infinitely more qualified than you are to weigh in on the subject at hand.

Yeah, ok pal. Excuse me for not taking a bunch of former Bama guys’ opinions of Nick Saban as scientific fact in a ludicrous thread on an overwrought, lazy sports talk radio topic. 

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Not even if Sills V plays for the Tide?!

Well then they would easily win! Squish those Fish!!!

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

This is like someone starting a "Should Flutie or Johnson Start vs. Tennessee?" thread ... every ... effing ... year ..... beginning with the week before the actual game.

Please.  Make it stop.

I hear ya.... :bag:So Flutie or Johnson?:oops::wallbash::death:

2 hours ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

NFL rules, outdoors, neutral site

I  am not sure if it was a 1 game showdown , but maybe in a best of 5.

No. Something like this pops up every year, and the answer is NO! every year.

Silliness. Must be bye week.

4 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Well then they would easily win! Squish those Fish!!!

I hear ya.... :bag:So Flutie or Johnson?:oops::wallbash::death:

Johnson.  All day, every day, every week, every month, every year ... for eternity.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, vincec said:

I think that would be much closer. Miami would still be the heavy favorite, but given enough time to prepare I think the FBS all-Americans would at least score some points and keep the Dolphins under 50.

Against Alabama, the only question would be if the Dolphins made it to 100 or not.

No way imo. All these guys would be pre rookies. Just factor that in. Ncaas best 53 would get killed by nfl lines. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.