Could Alabama Crimson Tide beat the Miami Dolphins?

BrycePaup4ever

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think I disagreed that many Bama players will go to the league

Where I disagree is that alot of them won't pan out... Sure they might send 17 to the league, but probably only half will stick

How many become all pros or impact players? 1-2 , maybe 3...

Everybody on the Phins has made an NFL roster

I believ you're wrong about how many Tide players will make it in the league and/or become stars.  GunnerBill has crunched the numbers and I think you would be surprised.  This year's team probably has 10 starters who will be first or second round picks.  The vast majority will stick in the league for a good while and there are probably multiple future stars there, as well.    

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Sometimes I think people really don't understand the difference between college and professional football...in any respect

...think you're "dead on" bud.......people includes fans, posters as well as collegiate HC's wanting to dip their "big toe in the NFL".......collegiate HC's have complete and total control over personnel.......imagine if Saban was an NFL HC having to deal with the likes of Antonio Brown?......

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

A 18-20 year old freshman/sophomore who starts at Alabama won’t be physically overmatched by NFL players in their mid to upper 20’s?  Really?  

Alabama has very few true freshmen or sophomores who start and the ones who do are absolute freaks, like Jalen Waddle.  

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So of those only Ragland is from the Bama era where I think this is a question. I am talking specifically about this era of those 4 consecutive Championship games - Clemson, Clemson, Georgia, Clemson. I think this last 5 years of Alabama products is a step up on any kind of NFL production line than I have seen before. 

Um Miami 99-'02?

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not assuming anything. It is ridiculous comparing Howard to Fitz. How does Howard look compared to anyone the Fins have at tight end? Xavien Howard is a vert good football player. I will take Marlon Humphrey all day though. 

If you think I am arguing the Crimson Tide has produced a bona fide NFL QB I am not. 

The point is that no one would have said when they were in college that Fitz would have a better career than 85% of guys from Bama.  But he did. Howard, who was an animal in college and I wanted the Bills to get (and I’d still take him), hardly looks like anything special right now.  So all these guys on Bama, are just projections.  And the reality is most wont become anything special at the NFL level.  

But ill out. Agree to disagree and you’re normally right on most things. Enjoy your night (or whatever time it is there). ?

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Except the Dolphins don't. They have at least a dozen starters who are barely NFL backup level talents. And there is a bottom feeder team or two in that situation every year. 

If you are only an NFL player by virtue of being in the NFL then sure.... the Dolphins have 100% NFL players. There are a dozen starters on that team who would not make another lineup and would struggle to make another roster.

Just like I said in this thread last year... Kelvin Benjamin wouldn't make another roster in the NFL. I was castigated at the time. And look now. Out of the league. Done. Not an NFL player. There are multiple Kelvin Benjamin cases on the Fins.   

Not by 40, but my money is still on the Dolphins. I understand the KB argument, but I still like a 28 year old man over a raw but more talented 19 year old kid. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

I believ you're wrong about how many Tide players will make it in the league and/or become stars.  GunnerBill has crunched the numbers and I think you would be surprised.  This year's team probably has 10 starters who will be first or second round picks.  The vast majority will stick in the league for a good while and there are probably multiple future stars there, as well.    

But we have no idea on this. Plenty of sure fire players bust all the time. 

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Check em out. Then get back to me on the Alabama->NFL pipeline, you'll have some context. 

And I don't think 2001 U hangs with an NFL team even. 

Checking names out doesn't mean much without seeing them play. I know they had some studs on that team - Portis, Wayne, Reed etc... 

Just now, Augie said:

Not by 40, but my money is still on the Dolphins. I understand the KB argument, but I still like a 28 year old man over a raw but more talented 19 year old kid. 

That’s a straw man argument.  Most Alabama  starters are at least 21 years old.  The ones who aren’t are truly exceptional.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with that. Saban won't come back to the NFL because I think he knows it found him out. He was "just a guy" at that level. But again.... there are people who year in year out coach NFL bottom feeders who aren't even that good. Whether it is Steve Wilks or Freddie Kitchens or Brian Flores. 

...he would NEVER return to the NFL HC ranks IMO.....his ego would prohibit it.......he has 1000% control over 'Bama players with no NFLPA or CBA to deal with......and gets paid MORE than most NFL HC's anyway besides what "boosters boost him with" to stick around......can you imagine him dealing with the likes of Antonio Brown?....NOT A CHANCE....

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, mannc said:

The draft is too much of a crapshoot. Every player is talented despite the narrative..  all a player needs to do is get into the right scheme and coaching

UNFORTUNATELY the draft doesn't work like that. And most players are not put into the ideal situation to succeed

Bama may have 10 players drafted as starter's, but I CAN GUARENTEE that they don't all pan out that way

Alabama gave up 31 to ole Miss

Fitz would score 50. He is a 14 year vet who is absolutely better than Tua RN IF HE got to play against a college defense... Tua , Who I scouted at the US army all American bowl and was one of my favorite QB prospects of ALL TIME and still is would get outplayed going against a NFL defense and defensive coordinator

Fitz wouldn't lose the game , it's that simple

Edited by Buffalo716

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...think you're "dead on" bud.......people includes fans, posters as well as collegiate HC's wanting to dip their "big toe in the NFL".......collegiate HC's have complete and total control over personnel.......imagine if Saban was an NFL HC having to deal with the likes of Antonio Brown?......

This is true. Saban has an easier time keeping players in line because if they don't listen to him they will lose HUGE money. Saban can toss a player off the team, any player, and not get fired. If he WAS fired, he would have another offer in 10 seconds.

Other parts of being a college coach are difficult nonetheless. I heard a Bama player say he was the best at his high school, if not his  entire state, and when he got to Alabama, so was everyone else.

In any event, I think that the phish would beat the Tide. Pros are too tough and experienced for college teams.

Edited by Bill from NYC

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I think the better question is.............

Can the Redskins beat the Dolphins?

They play each other this week and the Redskins are also a special kind of bad this year too.

...THAT could rival the Bills '87 strike game snooze fest.....a 6-3 OT barn burner if I remember correctly.....I'd watch a can of Sherwin Williams dry in my rocking chair FIRST.....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.