Could Alabama Crimson Tide beat the Miami Dolphins?

BrycePaup4ever

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd take both of Alabama's receivers over Parker. And will almost certainly have a higher draft grade on both. 

The Dolphins have about 12 starters across O and D who I do not consider NFL talents. 

How do you know they won’t just be busts like Parker?  Because they were good against college kids?  You know you’re my guy but I think you’re way off here.  

8 minutes ago, Luka said:

Does your job always have the best employees? Top of their field? How about your manager? You're certain he's the best in the business? There isn't "literally zero chance" that's just an ignorant thing to say. These guys in the NFL come from all sorts of schools. Play all different levels of competition. Hell, a lot of them come from schools that had zero chance to beat a team like Alabama. So I mean, you can hold your ignorant view, but telling me a 7th round pick from a small school is automatically better than someone on Alabama is totally far fetched.

As someone who played D1 ball and still coaches and scouts I can say with certainty that it's 0%

The difference between college and the pros is insane. The size of the hits and the speed differences are insane

Pros who stick in the league for 5+ years are unreal no matter what fams think

There won't be 20 guys from 1 college team that sticks in the NFL for 5+ years as starter's

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

Not really related to this question but the hypothetical scenario involving a crap team made me think of Dave Damashek's idea for how the number 1 pick in the draft gets decided... a week before the Super Bowl the two teams with the worst records play each other and the winner gets the number 1 overall pick. I'd love that, much better than the probowl. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

And how many stayed in the league for 5+ years. How many are impact players? How many are bench players ?

That team was loaded. The vast majority were starting. 

As I recall it was a couple of olinemen, a receiver and a linebacker that weren't... oh and the QB... obviously. 

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Alabama does have a better QB.

Maybe 2 or 3  other players may be better than a few Miami guys but thats about it.

Would be a huge blowout. I could see Rosen maybe throwing a pick 6 tho so not gonna rule out Alabama scoring

How can you possibly say Tua is better at this point?  Rosen was the number 1 recruit in the country.  Tua has proven nothing and what if he goes to that crappy Miami situation and does nothing. 

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

There is literally 0 chance

53 pros vs 90 amateurs where maybe 15-20 become professional ( that's being generous) at varying skills.. 10 of the pros are probably bums

They have no shot

There was a long thread on this issue last year, and the majority of the posts saying Alabama would get killed are like this one by Buffalo716: No real evidence offered (other than misinformation), just blanket statements with nothing to back them up. 

Fact:  All 22 starters on Alabama this year will have a shot in the NFL, and perhaps 15-18 will make NFL rosters.  Of those, most will be drafted and there are probably 6-8 who will be first round picks, although not all in 2020.  On the 90-man roster, I'd guess that there are 40 or more who will have a very good shot at playing pro football.  Unlike NFL teams, Alabama is not limited to one first round pick per year; each recruiting class has probably 4 to 6 future first or second round picks.  Clemson and Ohio State aren't far behind.   

Miami on the other hand probably has 10 players who wouldn't make most NFL rosters and has a number of guys on their team who probably would not start for Alabama.  Robert Foster, for example, was the Bills' best receiver last year and he was a backup at Alabama the previous year. 

I think it would be a competitive game and there's a good chance Alabama would win.    

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

That team was loaded. The vast majority were starting. 

As I recall it was a couple of olinemen, a receiver and a linebacker that weren't... oh and the QB... obviously. 

They lost to college teams ever year but one when Greg McElory was their qb.  

Just because you were good in college doesnt mean you will be good in the pros, which I’m sure you know.  And they would be going against grown men who have years of strength on them.  They would get  killed along the lines. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

NFL rules, outdoors, neutral site

I  am not sure if it was a 1 game showdown , but maybe in a best of 5.

Seems like we've hashed this out every season, often with our Bills as the hapless pro team suggested as losing.

The outcome is always that good as Alabama is, the overall quality of the roster on the worst pro team is just better.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

There was a long thread on this issue last year, and the majority of the posts saying Alabama would get killed are like this one by Buffalo716: No real evidence offered (other than misinformation), just blanket statements with nothing to back them up. 

Fact:  All 22 starters on Alabama this year will have a shot in the NFL, and perhaps 15-18 will make NFL rosters.  Of those, most will be drafted and there are probably 6-8 who will be first round picks, although not all in 2020.  On the 90-man roster, I'd guess that there are 40 or more who will have a very good shot at playing pro football.  Unlike NFL teams, Alabama is not limited to one first round pick per year; each recruiting class has probably 4 to 6 future first or second round picks.  Clemson and Ohio State aren't far behind.   

Miami on the other hand probably has 10 players who wouldn't make most NFL rosters and has a number of guys on their team who probably would not start for Alabama.  Robert Foster, for example, was the Bills' best receiver last year and he was a backup at Alabama the previous year. 

I think it would be a competitive game and there's a good chance Alabama would win.    

You don't account for draft busts

How many of the 15-20 players in bama who gets drafted or make the roster stick for 5+ years? 

How many become NFL impact players ? And how many become bench players and fringe guys?

They don't have 20 long term NFL starter's

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

See this is wrong. I crunched the numbers last year and of Alabama's Conference Championship win against Clemson (whatever year that was 2015?) Of the 22 starters all 22 made the NFL. And only 2 were drafted after the 4th round. 

Thank you for offering actual facts.  I'm pretty sure you'll be one of the few in this thread to do so.  My favorite responses are the ones that say the Tide players would all be seriously injured, as if these SEC players aren't all grown-ass men.  

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

As someone who played D1 ball and still coaches and scouts I can say with certainty that it's 0%

The difference between college and the pros is insane. The size of the hits and the speed differences are insane

There won't be 20 guys from 1 college team that sticks in the NFL for 5+ years

People who never played don't understand this, but it's just reality.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

There won't be 20 guys from 1 college team that sticks in the NFL for 5 years

It is that last sentence that I disagree with. I think the Alabama teams of the last 5 years are not "normal" college teams. The vast majority of these guys are not just sticking they are performing at a high level. 

The NFL talent 'Bama has churned out in the past 5 or 6 drafts is incredible. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.