Could Alabama Crimson Tide beat the Miami Dolphins?

BrycePaup4ever

3 minutes ago, dubs said:

This question happens every year, it’s always the same absurd answer. 

Not like “could a good boys HS hoops team beat a WNBA team by more than 40 points?”

The HS team would destroy them. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it would be close. Alabama are hands down better coached. And I say this most years. Alabama against the bottom feeders - the more talented players and coaches will be on the Crimson Tide. 

Saban had a 15-17 nfl record. Tua might try to throw an out that Xavier Howard easily picks off.  

Some college teams have huge advantages because they simply just get the best recruits. Rosen I believe was the number 1 qb as a recruit. Parker was a first rounder. Howard is a pro bowler.  

1 minute ago, Luka said:

I would still love to see it. Because there's always a chance. There have been plenty of upsets. And man, if the Phis lost to a college team...

There is literally 0 chance

53 pros vs 90 amateurs where maybe 15-20 become professional ( that's being generous) at varying skills.. 10 of the pros are probably bums

They have no shot

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Saban had a 15-17 nfl record. Tua might try to throw an out that Xavier Howard easily picks off.  

Some college teams have huge advantages because they simply just get the best recruits. Rosen I believe was the number 1 qb as a recruit. Parker was a first rounder. Howard is a pro bowler.  

I'd take both of Alabama's receivers over Parker. And will almost certainly have a higher draft grade on both. 

The Dolphins have about 12 starters across O and D who I do not consider NFL talents. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

53 pros vs 90 amateurs where maybe 15-20 become professional ( that's being generous) at varying skills.. 10 of the pros are probably bums

They have no shot

See this is wrong. I crunched the numbers last year and of Alabama's Conference Championship win against Clemson (whatever year that was 2015?) Of the 22 starters all 22 made the NFL. And only 2 were drafted after the 4th round. 

16 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

They have no shot

has to be a dozen or so Fish that wouldn't make any other NFL roster, a team this bad must be filled with total scrubs who don't deserve an NFL paycheck

Just now, GunnerBill said:

See this is wrong. I crunched the numbers last year and of Alabama's Conference Championship win against Clemson (whatever year that was 2015?) Of the 22 starters all 22 made the NFL. And only 2 were drafted after the 4th round. 

And how many stayed in the league for 5+ years. How many are impact players? How many are bench players ?

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

conference championship?  you better get numbers that come from planet Earth there, sport....

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

They have no shot

Does your job always have the best employees? Top of their field? How about your manager? You're certain he's the best in the business? There isn't "literally zero chance" that's just an ignorant thing to say. These guys in the NFL come from all sorts of schools. Play all different levels of competition. Hell, a lot of them come from schools that had zero chance to beat a team like Alabama. So I mean, you can hold your ignorant view, but telling me a 7th round pick from a small school is automatically better than someone on Alabama is totally far fetched.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.