The Cowboys' season won't be determined by games vs. Eagles -- it'll come down to these two matchups

Dallasnews.com

Buffalo did not leap out at anyone when they first appeared on Dallas' schedule. They should now.

You know those silly NFL writers who try to predict the outcome of all 16 games when a team's schedule comes out in April? Yeah, those crazy folks. What are they even thinking?

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/10/09/think-cowboys-season-will-determined-games-vs-eagles-lions-bills-like-word/

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1

Gotta say, for that to come from someone that is writing for a Dallas News paper is a nice "tip of the hat" to the Bills. 

Just now, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I think that a divisional game (Philly), and conference game (Lions) bears more importance to the Cowboys season than the Bills. 

Don't you know out of conference losses are worse than the other two you mentioned? 

• Like (+1) 1

Said it in another thread, let’s keep the Grim Reaper reputation going! Beat the Cowboys and send Garrett to the unemployment line. 

And the writer can shove it. Called the Bills a little team. I get that has something to do with Beasley, but can’t wait to be on top and watch teams like this kneel down. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Huge game for the franchise.  Only Nationally televised game for the Bills this season.  Schedule looks favorable to be at least 8-3 heading in.  

That’s not to say that the idea of the week 16 matchup at Foxboro for the division crown and the AFC overall #1 seed getting flexed to Sunday night prime time has not been dancing around my head.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

That’s not to say that the idea of the week 16 matchup at Foxboro for the division crown and the AFC overall #1 seed getting flexed to Sunday night prime time has not been dancing around my head.  

If that were to happen and the Bills won I'm pretty sure my boss wouldn't expect me in to work until at least Wednesday. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Huge game for the franchise.  Only Nationally televised game for the Bills this season.  Schedule looks favorable to be at least 8-3 heading in.  

Sorry, we will be 10-1 going into the game :)

6 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

"...surprising little team from Buffalo"    

Amazing, the team with the best defense in the league...

11 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Thank god as we're cursed on nationally televised games.  I don't remember a schedule so favorable and soft.  Starting the season getting to play back to back on the road in the same stadium against two below average teams.  Catching the Giants before Daniel Jones's debut.  Having two teams in our division that are tanking.  Playing against two of the weaker divisions with three horrible teams (Bengals, Skins, Giants).  Only having three games facing elite quarterbacks (Patriots twice, Eagles) thanks to the Roethlisberger injury.  There's no excuses for this team not to make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I think that a divisional game (Philly), and conference game (Lions) bears more importance to the Cowboys season than the Bills. 

Agreed, but his point was before the season started, the Bills and Lions games were thought of as easy wins so wasn't affecting anything.  Now those are two games too hard to predict.  Lose them bot hand Dallas is in big trouble is what he was saying.

• Like (+1) 1

Its a long way off with the Bills one game at a time outlook, but I have this one marked on the calendar as a gauge for how far the Bills have really progressed.

Meanwhile the Cowboys have bigger issues this week...trying to get to the bottom of this...

72223631_10212297844756386_4529570809278103552_o.jpg

• Haha (+1) 4

As much as the Cowboys SB losses hurt, I was still pretty young & couldn't take them as heavily as I do now.

As for my most  painful adult-life Cowboys loss, that one still hurts. The first MNF game in Buffalo in like 13 years, the Cowboys undefeated, Bills 1-3 with the most injuries in the league at that point, it was supposed to be a blowout Cowobys win. But after 6 Tony Romo turnovers, the Bills were up 24-13 heading into the 4th and there was hope for a massive upset.

The Cowboys score an early 4th quarter FG, then proceed to march down the field & score a TD with 20 seconds left, recover an onside kick, get a deep pass to TO on the sidelines, kick a 50+ yard FG (twice because we tried to ice the kicker), and win at the end.

No game in modern memory has made me more mad as a Bills fan. I'm still waiting for legit payback for that game. The next time we played them was one of those seasons we started off with a quick 5 wins, making people think we were legit, only to collapse later on (Cowboys blew us out 44 to 7). Then last time, we beat their 3rd string QB in a meaningless game when both teams were well out of contention.

Here's hoping this Thanksgiving we can send the Cowboys packing with similarly depressing memories for years to come :)

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Gotta say, for that to come from someone that is writing for a Dallas News paper is a nice "tip of the hat" to the Bills. 

Don't you know out of conference losses are worse than the other two you mentioned? 

Cowlishaw also a regular on Around the Horn.

3 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

That weekend the flex would be to Saturday night. Note that game is still a TBA. No doubt NBC will want a Bills-Pats rematch.

• Like (+1) 1

Not really sure just who the Cowboys are at this point  Do you buy the offensive juggernaut vs the Giants, Dolphins, Redskins  Or the middling loss to the Saints and the blowout vs the Packers  Media is still yapping but maybe the Cowboys are the 8-8 variety they have been many years under Jason Garrett

51 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

As much as the Cowboys SB losses hurt, I was still pretty young & couldn't take them as heavily as I do now.

As for my most  painful adult-life Cowboys loss, that one still hurts. The first MNF game in Buffalo in like 13 years, the Cowboys undefeated, Bills 1-3 with the most injuries in the league at that point, it was supposed to be a blowout Cowobys win. But after 6 Tony Romo turnovers, the Bills were up 24-13 heading into the 4th and there was hope for a massive upset.

The Cowboys score an early 4th quarter FG, then proceed to march down the field & score a TD with 20 seconds left, recover an onside kick, get a deep pass to TO on the sidelines, kick a 50+ yard FG (twice because we tried to ice the kicker), and win at the end.

No game in modern memory has made me more mad as a Bills fan. I'm still waiting for legit payback for that game. The next time we played them was one of those seasons we started off with a quick 5 wins, making people think we were legit, only to collapse later on (Cowboys blew us out 44 to 7). Then last time, we beat their 3rd string QB in a meaningless game when both teams were well out of contention.

Here's hoping this Thanksgiving we can send the Cowboys packing with similarly depressing memories for years to come :)

Had a friend's son staying with us for a few semesters of college at UF.  We watched that game together soon after he moved in .  After the game he looks at me and says how are you able to watch this team?  His family were Steelers fans and he had never witnessed a team meltdown of that magnitude. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1