Do you guys still talk to your childhood friends?

Yeah, my best friend Pat.  He grew up two streets down from me and we went to the same neighborhood preschool.  After college we actually landed in the same city but throughout college around Christmas or whatever we'd make a point of hanging out.  Some of the other guys that we ran with starting in elementary school landed nearby as well.

I've noticed that guys tend to value and hold on to long-term friendships more than the fairer sex.

I go on a yearly golf trip that includes guys I’ve known since first grade. I’ve had friends come and go but some are solid for life.

And @LeviF91, one of those guys has a younger sister. She and her group of friends (about 6 or so) do an annual girls trip. I love seeing those pictures on FB from Vegas, Nashville, Boston (one girl’s cousin pitches for the Sox), Key West, NYC. Great bunch of ladies.

One guy I met in 4th grade. We stayed in touch thru college, and we attended each other’s weddings. Visits on rare occasions if we are in the same city. We actually text mostly about the Bills weekly. Another guy I knew was more the first guy’s friend is on those texts.

Last trip to WNY I tried to look up another guy from that same group. I’ve got a TON of contacts in my phone, some I have no idea who they are, but Rich got lost along the way. 

I do text regularly and do home & home visits with a college buddy annually. That’s fun to get back. 

8 hours ago, teef said:

i have a few from each stage of my life that i keep in touch.  the two guys from grade school and high school,  a handful of guys from college, and a handful of guys from grad school.  i see the grade/high school guys the most due to location, but we try to keep in touch.

Kind of like me.  I have a couple from grade school, a couple from high school, several from college, and several former co-workers.  Weird thing is since about twenty years ago women who would never talk to me in high school have come seeking me out.  We talk for several minutes then I excuse myself.  I am not going to jeopardize my marriage.  I have one childhood friend that went to a different school that it gets difficult for me.  Had great times but at times he could be a real Richard.  I saw him a while back and said I wished he still lived down the road from me.  Then I got to thinking about the times he really got me upset about some things.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Kind of like me.  I have a couple from grade school, a couple from high school, several from college, and several former co-workers.  Weird thing is since about twenty years ago women who would never talk to me in high school have come seeking me out.  We talk for several minutes then I excuse myself.  I am not going to jeopardize my marriage.  I have one childhood friend that went to a different school that it gets difficult for me.  Had great times but at times he could be a real Richard.  I saw him a while back and said I wished he still lived down the road from me.  Then I got to thinking about the times he really got me upset about some things.  

Think of it like the deer rut.  It's the final rut for these does.  Don't fall for it! LoL... If you do, you're in for a world of hurt.

Need help?  Call:

1-800-Get- @Gugny there is always an operator on the line!

The last time I was back in the States was a little over two years ago.

My old crew got together for some well-needed debauchery, with some of them flying in from out of state.

It was a real eye-opener.  The ones that remained living in the region are still exactly the same and still even talk about the same stuff.  I love them all dearly, but man it was depressing.

Get out there and see what this crazy world is all about!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, mead107 said:

No close friends from childhood. 

1 or 2 times a year may run into someone from high school.  

Still in the same town?  

I lived in Williamsville and parts  east during high school. Went to St Joes. Had two TOTALLY different set of friends, then moved away at 17 for college. Parents left WNY after that, so I rarely got back.  Lost track of most of those people. That’s life......

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

Still in the same town?  

I lived in Williamsville and parts  east during high school. Went to St Joes. Had two TOTALLY different set of friends, then moved away at 17 for college. Parents left WNY after that, so I rarely got back.  Lost track of most of those people. That’s life......

Spent 10, 11, 12 at Burnt Hills high school. 
2 good friends passed away several years ago. 

see a few in store to say high but, not go out or get together close. 

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Think of it like the deer rut.  It's the final rut for these does.  Don't fall for it! LoL... If you do, you're in for a world of hurt.

Need help?  Call:

I don't know that it is about that.  I always thought that it was a matter of the Seinfeld observation about having the stink of responsibility on me.  I may not be rich but I am definitely not the kind of guy who would wind up on COPS either.  What little I have heard is that a lot of them have less than successful marriages or can't get into a good relationship.  Most of them are doing well in terms of career.

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I don't know that it is about that.  I always thought that it was a matter of the Seinfeld observation about having the stink of responsibility on me.  I may not be rich but I am definitely not the kind of guy who would wind up on COPS either.  What little I have heard is that a lot of them have less than successful marriages or can't get into a good relationship.  Most of them are doing well in terms of career.

That too...

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Need help?  Call:

If you got a lady and you want her gone
But you ain't got the guts
She keeps naggin' at you night and day
Enough to drive ya nuts
Pick up the phone
Leave her alone
It's time you made a stand
For a fee
I'm happy to be
Your back door man
  • Haha (+1) 1