Bills have a Roster Decision to make with Dodson Update: Waived

MAJBobby

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Maj, any indication or talk that he would clear waivers?

I think he would, I dont know a team that would sign a guy that hasnt been on their team all summer and away from playing for 6 weeks to their active roster.

I think he does get released and tried to put on the PS.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I think he would, I dont know a team that would sign a guy that hasnt been on their team all summer and away from playing for 6 weeks to their active roster.

I think he does get released and tried to put on the PS.

I'm reading too quickly, Maj, and not thinking enough.

Great point and it just plain makes logical sense.

5 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

Release him. Sign him to practice squad, ( he will clear waivers), for remainder of season to see if he can become a responsible individual     There's some ability there. 

Yeah, who knows what really happened with the domestic abuse but i am sucker for things like this,

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000001027533/Tyrel-Dodson-s-unique-friendship-with-Special-Olympics-athlete-William-Gawlas

I am rooting for him

• Like (+1) 1

Practice squad, if the Bills have an open spot.  Otherwise cut.  There's no time to get a player in game shape, learn the complicated defense, and contribute on the field.  If he progresses well on the PS and if there's a need for a LB, bring him up, but that's a long shot at this point.  Dodson's real shot will come next year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

Practice squad, if the Bills have an open spot.  Otherwise cut.  There's no time to get a player in game shape, learn the complicated defense, and contribute on the field.  If he progresses well on the PS and if there's a need for a LB, bring him up, but that's a long shot at this point.  Dodson's real shot will come next year.

I doubt he's wasted his time on suspension.  I'd guess he's in great shape and has a fair understanding of the D already - though 6 weeks of no practice/contact does hurt.  

But I agree that he's bound for the PS at best.  He's a marginally talented UDFA rook coming off a suspension - hard to see him making the 53.

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Based on McBeane's comments, he's a goner.

Say more?

Edit: from the linked article itself "Beane said that the Bills organization (investigated and) did not find any signs of domestic violence and would not support Dodson if there were any.  "I'm not sure we would necessarily stand behind him," Beane said Thursday. "That's very serious and we're very serious about it here -- but we're also serious about giving people their due process. He's a guy that's never been in trouble with the law before and we took that into account."

""If we saw any signs of domestic violence, he probably wouldn't even have come to camp with us. But we wanted to let it play out."

Beane said the Bills reached out to authorities in Scottsdale and remained in contact with both Dodson and his legal team to reaffirm his recollection of the event, then drew their own conclusion based on what they found."

That doesn't sound like he's a goner.  Sounds like what they do will depend upon the injury situation at LB when he comes off suspension, and perhaps be influenced by how well Dodson has stayed in the playbook and stayed in shape.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Utah John said:

They do have an open slot since they released Marshall (RB).  If they don't fill it in the next week, I'd guess they are holding it for Dodson.

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Say more?

Edit: from the linked article itself "Beane said that the Bills organization (investigated and) did not find any signs of domestic violence and would not support Dodson if there were any.  "I'm not sure we would necessarily stand behind him," Beane said Thursday. "That's very serious and we're very serious about it here -- but we're also serious about giving people their due process. He's a guy that's never been in trouble with the law before and we took that into account."

""If we saw any signs of domestic violence, he probably wouldn't even have come to camp with us. But we wanted to let it play out."

Beane said the Bills reached out to authorities in Scottsdale and remained in contact with both Dodson and his legal team to reaffirm his recollection of the event, then drew their own conclusion based on what they found."

That doesn't sound like he's a goner.  Sounds like what they do will depend upon the injury situation at LB when he comes off suspension, and perhaps be influenced by how well Dodson has stayed in the playbook and stayed in shape.

Yeah, I was gonna say if they were going to cut him for his off-field stuff then they probably would've done that already. He definitely appears to be a prospect they see something in and wanna work with to see what he can become.

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

I doubt he's wasted his time on suspension.  I'd guess he's in great shape and has a fair understanding of the D already - though 6 weeks of no practice/contact does hurt.  

The lack of contact really depends on what his fellow players think of him.  If they think he would be an asset to team they will use their own time to keep him up to date.  A few players suspended or holding out have talked about it and players seemed to know gameplans well including updates since camp.

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Say more?

That was all before the suspension.  They said they were gonna let it play out.  We'll find out next week.

• 2 weeks later...