Bills have a Roster Decision to make with Dodson Update: Waived

MAJBobby

On 10/29/2019 at 6:47 AM, StHustle said:

Was that a joke man?

Some of us would hope not. Very limited TE who's blocking skills are muted because of extremely inopportune penalties. If the penalties were eliminated, then Lee would be very welcomed ....

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Bills currently have a LB on the PS, Del'Shawn Phillips .  Listed as 6'2", 230 lbs, from Illinois.  JuCo guy who worked his way up to Div I

"Phillips attended Illinois’ March Pro Day event and posted some very promising numbers. Per 247, Phillips ran a 4.59 40-yard dash, and had team-best results in the vertical jump (37 inches) and broad jump (10’ 1” or 121"). He also lifted 20 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press. ".  Phillips signed as UDFA with Falcons.  Bills picked him up when they cut him.

Dodson is listed as shorter and heavier: 6'0, 237 lbs.  UDFA from Texas A&M.  4.6 40-yd dash, 118" broad jump, 24 reps bench press.

Guess it will come down to does Dodson clear waivers and do they like him better than Phillips?  Or do they like them both and keep 2 LB? 

They haven't resigned Peko and he should have cleared.

Croom is on IR

Would have been great if Peko would have worked out but he really had a rough go in Philly especially. Plays well against 2's and 3's in preason but doesn't hold up once the real season begins. Hope his wife does well and that he lands somewhere else.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Bills currently have a LB on the PS, Del'Shawn Phillips .  Listed as 6'2", 230 lbs, from Illinois.  JuCo guy who worked his way up to Div I

"Phillips attended Illinois’ March Pro Day event and posted some very promising numbers. Per 247, Phillips ran a 4.59 40-yard dash, and had team-best results in the vertical jump (37 inches) and broad jump (10’ 1” or 121"). He also lifted 20 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press. ".  Phillips signed as UDFA with Falcons.  Bills picked him up when they cut him.

Dodson is listed as shorter and heavier: 6'0, 237 lbs.  UDFA from Texas A&M.  4.6 40-yd dash, 118" broad jump, 24 reps bench press.

Guess it will come down to does Dodson clear waivers and do they like him better than Phillips?  Or do they like them both and keep 2 LB? 

They haven't resigned Peko and he should have cleared.

Croom is on IR

Eligible to return this week I think. 

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Seems like the logical move 

If it ends up with Dodson on the PS - I would not be surprised to see some veteran DTs in to OBD to have a file in case of injury.  Peko was their back-up plan and with home going to Indy - they will need some DT ideas just in case.

Curious as to why they would keep him during suspension for 8 weeks and then cut him... 

i was fully expecting him to be a solid backup 

if they werent going to keep him why wasn’t he cut 8 weeks ago 

definitely mad about them not signing him he’s a freak defensive player 

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Bills have a Roster Decision to make with Dodson Update: Waived
59 minutes ago, ALF said:

Zach Brown released after 5 days with Arizona , wonder why. He had good speed for a LB

There seems to be an undercurrent of bad attitude / locker room poison that follows Z. Brown around. I can't obviously verify it, but enough of the armchair GM's on here have pointed it out that I'd be willing to believe there may be some credence to that point.