Deangelo Hall says Tre has been a top 3 corner...

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Lattimore remains in my top 5. The last two weeks he has been back to his best after a slow start to the season. He totally shut down Mike Evans on Sunday. It was hugely impressive. 

I called Lattimore, White, Humphrey potentially an all time corner class at draft time and so far, so good. 

Darius Slay and Jalen Ramsey are both still elite but have been hurt and Casey Hayward of the Chargers is another who is consistently excellent and underrated. 

Should have added Pat Pete to this too. We haven't seen him yet this year for suspension reasons but when we last saw him last year he still looked pretty darn awesome to me. 

Pat Pete, Slay, Hayward and Gilmore..... then Ramsey and the three 2017 guys. You can argue about the order but I can't think of anyone else who deserves mention in that group. Hall has Jaire Alexander in there and he has played very well this year but he needs to do it for longer before I have him in that company. 

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Love Tre.  But if Hall is going to say Tre has been top 3, then his next line should be “And Levi Wallace has been top 2”.  

Because as good as Tre is, Levi has been even better this year.

ya. its up for debate at least. and I said in my initial post I think we have 2 corners playing at a top ten level this year for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

ya. its up for debate at least. and I said in my initial post I think we have 2 corners playing at a top ten level this year for sure.

Agreed.  We have without question the best secondary in the NFL IMO

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

yup. i'm 100% with that... and its DEEP.

Yes it really is deep and its awesome!  

For fun, I went and looked at the deep analytics of our starting secondary in Hyde, Poyer, Tre, and Levi.  To no surprise, all having excellent seasons.

No one is giving up a comp % rate in our starting secondary over 56%.  All of them are between 52% and 55% with Levi having the lowest.  Even Edmunds is in the same range as a LB.  

Levi has been targeted 44 times compared to Levi's 27, yet he has given up 7 less yards than Tre despite the 17 more targets he has faced.  Tre is giving up 5 more yards per completion too than Levi.

Levi won't get the love because he doesn't have the INT's that make people gravitate towards accolades, but he has been excellent.  Tre has been quite good too, just showing how Levi is playing so well under the radar and trying to get him the well deserved attention his play deserves too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BobChalmers said:

Tre' is another Josh Norman.  Great in his system, but very much limited to that  zone system.

Someone else will almost certainly overpay for him thinking he's a lock-down man cover guy.  The Bills should and probably will know better.

Tre isn't just a zone corner. He played a lot of man in college and shut down guys like Amari Cooper and Calvin Ridley. Check out some of the quotes from his scouting report:

"...one of the premier mirror-and-match cornerbacks in the game. Has the feet, athleticism and instincts for prolonged coverage responsibilities and his twitch will always have him near the throw. Best suited for all forms of man coverage."

"Experienced island corner with slot reps over last two seasons."

"Patient in press and rarely commits prematurely."

He's a really versatile DB and I'm sure that versatility was one of the main reasons he was drafted by McDermott. And I'm pretty certain he's firmly in their future plans as one of their "sign our own" type of players. 

1 hour ago, BobChalmers said:

Tre' is another Josh Norman.  Great in his system, but very much limited to that  zone system.

Someone else will almost certainly overpay for him thinking he's a lock-down man cover guy.  The Bills should and probably will know better.

Tre plays much better than Josh Norman in  man and runs a 4.45 to keep with most receivers

Through 3 years Tre's numbers in man and zone have been great, and he is not a one trick pony

• Like (+1) 3

I have noticed McD and Frazier has called alot of palms coverage  this season

It's a very high risk high reward coverage and your secondary needs to be in perfect communication to 2 trap

Having Hyde and Poyer back there is certainly a key factor in being able to do it..   

now a creative OC can take advantage of palms coverage if they recognize it and  call a flood play overloaded to 1 side with slight adjustments

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Bills rank at the top of the NFL in everything defensively, except maybe not having a top edge rusher opposite Hughes, but they get by with more than enough without one.

Yeah true, but I think they should still try to acquire one in free agency this offseason...

Hughes is coming to the end of his career and he might start looking old real quick...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Want to know where a vast amount of our cap space is going to go?

Our own players

I see that Spotrac has done a Market Value estimation for Tre's upcoming contract an $70.5M for 5 years...

It seems money that he will get somewhere so I hope the Bills are going to pay it....

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tredavious-white-21768/market-value/

Does anyone know if they can pay him part of his guaranteed money for his new deal next year when he is still on the last year of his rookie deal and have that money count under next years cap?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

I see that Spotrac has done a Market Value estimation for Tre's upcoming contract an $70.5M for 5 years...

It seems money that he will get somewhere so I hope the Bills are going to pay it....

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tredavious-white-21768/market-value/

Does anyone know if they can pay him part of his guaranteed money for his new deal next year when he is still on the last year of his rookie deal and have that money count under next years cap?

I of course am thrilled with the cap management Beane has done.....with even more coming next year.

A lot of ppl blasted Beane for not spending it....I hope some get it now.....we have gone through a entire clean rebiuld....we had a dead cap year which sucked (last year) and now the slate is clean....we have SEVERAL players on our OWN team that are worthy of big contracts...they are young...they are improving

And it also explains why we are not spending a huge chunk on one player yet......because to keep OUR good players that is where it is going to go.

It is also going to be important that Beane continue his wizard ways when it comes to drafting......two EXCELLENT drafts so far

• Thank you (+1) 2