Bucs release Deone Buccanon (update - signed by NYG)

YoloinOhio

Just now, Max Fischer said:

He would be nice to have but why would Buccanon would sign with Bills since there isn't near enough playing time unless a starter goes down.  Plus, what do you do with Thompson when he's back?  He'd be a great back-up but I don't see why he'd sign here. 

If you are released in the middle of the season there isn't a great chance that you will walk into a starting job unless you are a solid starter. I agree with you that Buffalo is not an ideal spot to get snaps barring more injury. I would expect Milano to be back by the Dolphins. But the two weeks of practice may be enough to show something to the coaches.

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

He would be nice to have but why would Buccanon would sign with Bills since there isn't near enough playing time unless a starter goes down.  Plus, what do you do with Thompson when he's back?  He'd be a great back-up but I don't see why he'd sign here. 

Cut Thompson.  Bucannon's a better player anyway. Always be upgrading,  especially a player who fits perfect in McD's scheme.

On 10/9/2019 at 10:14 AM, YoloinOhio said:

In addition, the New England Patriots have been awarded a fifth round compensatory draft pick in conjunction with the release of Deone Bucannon by Tampa Bay.   In the event Bucannon signs with New England, the Patriots' compensatory pick will move to the fourth round.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Why would the Bucs release him?

Somebody on these boards suggested that he was playing out of position in Tampa

3 minutes ago, Roger Goodell said:

In addition, the New England Patriots have been awarded a fifth round compensatory draft pick in conjunction with the release of Deone Bucannon by Tampa Bay.   In the event Bucannon signs with New England, the Patriots' compensatory pick will move to the fourth round.

I didn't like your schtick at first but I have to admit it's growing on me, lol...

2 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Somebody on these boards suggested that he was playing out of position in Tampa

That team is DESPERATE for defensive talent.

They must be one shaady organization to not be able to find a spot for him on a talent-deprived D.

Edited by njbuff
  • Like (+1) 1