Bucs release Deone Buccanon (update - signed by NYG)

YoloinOhio

What have you guys seen from Sweeney that makes you ok writing off Kroft? 

Obviously it doesn't matter if he's never healthy, but if he can come back after the bye, or after the Miami game, I see no reasons provided by Sweeney to keep Kroft off the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Slower since the ankle injury.  His speed pre-injury is what made him very effective as a coverage LB.

Bills would have to see if that's a chronic issue.  

Too slow to be an effective backup? I haven't seen him play in a while

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

What have you guys seen from Sweeney that makes you ok writing off Kroft? 

Obviously it doesn't matter if he's never healthy, but if he can come back after the bye, or after the Miami game, I see no reasons provided by Sweeney to keep Kroft off the field. 

What does Kroft do that makes you think he is Better than Sweeney?

http://www.nfl.com/player/tylerkroft/2552586/careerstats

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

2017 looks pretty damn good to me. I watched him here in Cincy that year. He's legit.

I do like Sweeney (and especially Knox), but they need to catch the ball consistently when thrown to them.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If Sweeney can have a year like Kroft's 2017, then by all means, let's play Sweeney over a "healthy" Kroft.  Health in quotes because I don't know if that's possible for Kroft. 

So far, I haven't been very impressed with Sweeney when it comes to the actual games that matter.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BuffaloBillies said:

2017 looks pretty damn good to me. I watched him here in Cincy that year. He's legit.

I do like Sweeney (and especially Knox), but they need to catch the ball consistently when thrown to them.

42 Rec 404 yards of 62 targets

Sweeney is currently on track for at best 24 Tgts.  and much better blocker.  So yeah Kroft is at this point expendable.  

Let me ask it this way.  IF (and big IF) he ever gets healthy whos snaps and Targets you want him hawking

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

If Sweeney can have a year like Kroft's 2017, then by all means, let's play Sweeney over a "healthy" Kroft.  Health in quotes because I don't know if that's possible for Kroft. 

So far, I haven't been very impressed with Sweeney when it comes to the actual games that matter.

Maybe then the Bills need to TGT Sweeney 62 times to have Krofts season if they do right now Sweeney would put up roughly

35 catches for 444.5 yards.  SO YEP he would put up similar numbers in projection to a Healthy Kroft in 2017

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

It's very expensive to fly players in from Tampa.

First you have to pay the $279, then there's the extra leg room, another $60  plus you have those damn luggage fees.

Image result for Ralph Wilson

To the Ralphmobile!

“By the way, Mr. Buccanon, gasoline isn’t cheap...”

You would have thought Buccanon’s name would have precluded him from being released.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

42 Rec 404 yards of 62 targets

Sweeney is currently on track for at best 24 Tgts.  and much better blocker.  So yeah Kroft is at this point expendable. 

Let me ask it this way.  IF (and big IF) he ever gets healthy whos snaps and Targets you want him hawking

I'm all for Sweeney/Knox and let Kroft go away. I was just responding you asking what about Kroft's stats were worthy of playing him.

He did prove in 2017 (before injuries) that he's a legit TE (7 TDs, 9.6 avg per catch, 23 catches for first down).

IF healthy, I would split time with Sweeney. If Kroft never sees the field, that's OK too. Don't feel that strongly about him.

• Like (+1) 1

I would give Kroft Sweeney's snaps and some of Knox's. 

You're sure Sweeney is a better blocker than Kroft?  Also maybe Kroft was earning targets more than Sweeney (also could just be the Cincy offense)? 

Either way definitely don't IR him thats silly cause it doesnt save you any money and I'm not sure theres an upgrade out there.  I think hell be an incremental upgrade over Sweeney and Knox.  A two TE set with Kroft and Knox has me super excited.  They can both run routes and will put a ton of stress on the defense.  I don't think Sweeney is putting that stress on the defense yet (very excited to see him develop though).  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, YattaOkasan said:

I would give Kroft Sweeney's snaps and some of Knox's. 

You're sure Sweeney is a better blocker than Kroft?  Also maybe Kroft was earning targets more than Sweeney (also could just be the Cincy offense)? 

Either way definitely don't IR him thats silly cause it doesnt save you any money and I'm not sure theres an upgrade out there.  I think hell be an incremental upgrade over Sweeney and Knox.  A two TE set with Kroft and Knox has me super excited.  They can both run routes and will put a ton of stress on the defense.  I don't think Sweeney is putting that stress on the defense yet (very excited to see him develop though).  

Kroft got the Targets because Tyler Eifert missed the season with Injury.

So Once Eifert hurt they had no other TEs.  

IN 2016 Eifert got hurt as well and Kroft still brought next to nothing

So his ONE very pedestrian year he had was due to a Eifert Inj.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

What does Tyler Kroft have to do with this topic?  Come on people...

Mainly because it was suggested to IR him to open the roster spot for a player that would have more of an impact for the Bills than the person going on IR to make the room

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Kroft got the Targets because Tyler Eifert missed the season with Injury.

So Once Eifert hurt they had no other TEs.  

IN 2016 Eifert got hurt as well and Kroft still brought next to nothing

So his ONE very pedestrian year he had was due to a Eifert Inj.

Yes definitely got the opportunity because Eifert was injured.  My point was more about him actually getting open when he got the opportunity.  I can definitely appreciate your opinion that he was a good signing that doesnt look as necessary now because of Knox and Sweeney.  I suspect he will be an upgrade when he comes back and don't think he should be IR'ed (I'm not sure it was even you who said it).    

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

It's very expensive to fly players in from Tampa.

First you have to pay the $279, then there's the extra leg room, another $60  plus you have those damn luggage fees.

Image result for Ralph Wilson

lol - Ralph is cheap.  Haven't heard that one in a while.

Edited by Azucho98
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

One of the overall real strengths of this team is clearly and obviously its defensive coaching, from McDermott and Frazier as well as its position coaches, as well as the veteran presence in each unit. So players with an abundance of talent but limited production may possibly thrive on the Bills. Not all of them of course, and they have to truly buy into the process and system. I have no idea what kind of player/man/teammate Deone is. But I agree with others that his skillset seems like a good fit.

• Like (+1) 2