How does Justin Houston get AFC defensive player of the week over Jordan?

Bongo

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Because the Colts beat the Chiefs in a road SNF game and neutered their previously unbeatable looking offense.  Jordan Phillips had 3 sacks in a game nobody saw.

Exactly. Better performance vs a team we were expected to beat vs a lesser performance against an unbeaten team that looked unstoppable.

Jordan and Bills beat the marginal Mariota and Titans.

Houston and the Colts had the upset of the year on the road in prime-time to beat sensational Mahomes and the Chiefs.

Dumb, but thats really just is what it is.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Jordan and Bills beat the marginal Mariota and Titans.

Houston and the Colts had the upset of the year on the road in prime-time to beat sensational Mahomes and the Chiefs.

Dumb, but thats really just is what it is.  

I know. Just stirring the pot. It’s just, as you say, dumb. It is supposed to be an award for PLAYER of the week, not DEFENSE of the week. And the Chiefs o-line is considered the weakest part of their prolific offense. So giving an award to an individual player who had one sack against a so-so line vs. Jordan’s 3 sacks in one half just because his team did so well in prime time is, again, dumb. But I’m not really surprised by it since we’re the Bills. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Simple.  Houston helped me win a bunch of money in my suicide pool by knocking all remaining players out but me in upsetting the Chiefs.  

Since I am all that matters, I called in to the NFL and recommended him for the award while eating Lobster with some hookers and a pocket full of Tony Montana's finest.  NFL felt this aligned with their image and obliged.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Do not you whine over everything, including whining about whining? You are like the official TSW sommelier. :lol:

This is also something that happened outside of sports as well.  

59 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Simple.  Houston helped me win a bunch of money in my suicide pool by knocking all remaining players out but me in upsetting the Chiefs.  

Since I am all that matters, I called in to the NFL and recommended him for the award while eating Lobster with some hookers and a pocket full of Tony Montana's finest.  NFL felt this aligned with their image and obliged.  

Yup, the Chiefs killed me this week. 

38 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Do not you whine over everything, including whining about whining? You are like the official TSW sommelier. :lol:

Well he also sometimes offers interesting but implausible solutions to the questions and concerns of others..........he can work the bar too.:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1