Bills Wire suggests Daboll a candidate for the Redskins opening.

15 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

People thought the same thing of Buffalo in early 2017. 

The thing of it is that there ate only 32 of these jobs in the whole world.   Many would love to take a shot at being a HC.

Yeah, 2017 was the start of improving the reputation.

The difference is the source of the bad reputation. In Washington, it's the owner. In Buffalo, it was the staff.

So, the Pegulas were able to fix it over time by rebuilding the staff.

It's not going to be fixed in Washington until Snyder is out and someone else can come in and rebuild the staff.

11 minutes ago, vincec said:

It it was a good job then they wouldn't have an opening at HC. Someone needs to go there and turn it around.

Yeah, but it's going to be nearly impossible for a new coach to do that. It's needs to be a new owner who guts the staff and hires the right people.

There's always a chance that Snyder finds someone completely aligned with him and the whole org is completely aligned and they have some success, but that would certainly be short-lived before the power struggles tear it apart again.

Interesting that Callahan already has them running wind sprints in practice - Mike Lombardi has been saying all year that the Redskins’ players are out of shape and that’s why they wear down in the second half... maybe Callahan keeps the job...

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Reports down here is that Kevin O'Connell now promoted to OC is the favorite.  

If he shows well as the OC---I think that looks like competency with Keenum followed by Haskins looking decent come weeks 11 or 12--he can lock up the job.  

As the fantasy owner of Scary Terry I hope he understands that means feeding that dude 10 plus targets a game.  

I can totally see Daboll leaving for a HC job,  If offered it. Daboll seems like he has been trying to work his way up, why else would he have changed jobs so many times?

if the Bills and Allen succeed Daboll will be a candidate for Washington because they have a young quarterback and need a coach to help bring him along. The question will be, does Daboll think he can coach Haskins? 

On 10/9/2019 at 9:17 AM, Boca BIlls said:

Hahahahaha yes every Bills coach always a candidate.

That isn't Dabolls fault. His play calling has been excellent, Josh and the other guys execution of said plays if the problem.

The offense isn't doing worse b.c of Dabolls good play calling.

Aside from the QB sneaks with more than a yard to go.

19 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Agree, but my issue with Daboll is the fact that I don’t see what his “system” is. This offense lacks an identity, and that falls on the OC. It’s early in the season, and that could easily change, but I’d like to see more consistency with what he’s trying to do. I’m alright with a guy either succeeding or failing with his system. What I don’t like in an OC is someone who doesn’t appear to have a vision for his offense. Daboll has failed at every stop as OC, and he hasn’t done enough to prove it was a fluke. 

When your players have enough talent and experience, you can run an offense that says, "Here's what we're going to do; try to stop us."

We're not there yet, so his "system" is:

• be unpredictable
  • maximize the offense's strengths
  • minimize the offense's deficiencies
  • exploit the opposing defense's weaknesses.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I will bet money on Daboll or Frazier not getting head coaching job.  Daboll’s resume is pretty crappy and he would be Freddie Kitchens. Frazier is basically bringing Jauron back. 

And in a way, I admire how delusional Rex is.  He probably looks in the mirror and seems himself all jacked. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if Frazier gets another shot at HC, but he appears to be one of those guys who is much more suited to be a coordinater. Daboll, I think if Allen develops into what we all want him to be in the next couple years he could be a hot name for HC. 

Edited by Speedy Beebe

19 hours ago, dous21 said:

I really wouldn't mind letting him go tbh

Daboll is nothing special. In fact I believe with a better OC Allen could be a much better QB.  Take someone from Andy Reids staff. 

Still a little early to arrive at this conclusion about Daboll.  Yeah, he's failed as OC in the past on some bad teams; Miami, Cleveland, and KC, all which had little talent at QB and the offensive side of the ball.  We have added talent this year, but still have room to improve.  I wouldn't judge Daboll on last year.

Josh Allen's problems are more a result of poor decision making (ints) and not Daboll's fault.  Daboll has tried to drill it into Josh to look for the safe out, rather than force the long ball when nothing is there.  The Bills offense has not implemented Daboll's complete offense yet due to Josh still learning the NFL QB position.  More time is needed at this point.

On 10/9/2019 at 9:37 AM, That's No Moon said:

I realize there are only 32 HC jobs in the world and, in order to coach at this level at all, these guys have pretty hefty egos. However, anyone who thinks about taking that job without strongly considering the ownership and upper management disaster that team has been for so long is just being foolish.  

So true.  Snyder has been messing up for 20 plus years down here.  The Pegulas, after a few mistakes, have let Beane and McD run things which is the smart play since they're football people.

13 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Still a little early to arrive at this conclusion about Daboll.  Yeah, he's failed as OC in the past on some bad teams; Miami, Cleveland, and KC, all which had little talent at QB and the offensive side of the ball.  We have added talent this year, but still have room to improve.  I wouldn't judge Daboll on last year.

Josh Allen's problems are more a result of poor decision making (ints) and not Daboll's fault.  Daboll has tried to drill it into Josh to look for the safe out, rather than force the long ball when nothing is there.  The Bills offense has not implemented Daboll's complete offense yet due to Josh still learning the NFL QB position.  More time is needed at this point.

My concern with losing Daboll is having churn at the OC position for our young, developing QB. Not that I so much love Daboll himself, although I am fairly happy with what I've seen so far. I'd like to have him around for another year for Josh's sake, and to see what we can do once the o-line AND wide receivers have been addressed.

I hope he doesnt try too hard to drill Josh into always taking the safe out. After going through so many conservative QBs who were too scared of making a mistake, I'm fine with dealing with 1 mistake per game if the guy is trying to take shots downfield. Emphasis on 1 mistake per game (Tenn) as opposed to 3 or 4 (New England).

Even Eric Wood said on WGR this week that Josh's risk taking is a breathe of fresh air compared to the conservative QBs he played with while on the Bills.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

My concern with losing Daboll is having churn at the OC position for our young, developing QB. Not that I so much love Daboll himself, although I am fairly happy with what I've seen so far. I'd like to have him around for another year for Josh's sake, and to see what we can do once the o-line AND wide receivers have been addressed.

I hope he doesnt try too hard to drill Josh into always taking the safe out. After going through so many conservative QBs who were too scared of making a mistake, I'm fine with dealing with 1 mistake per game if the guy is trying to take shots downfield. Emphasis on 1 mistake per game (Tenn) as opposed to 3 or 4 (New England).

Even Eric Wood said on WGR this week that Josh's risk taking is a breathe of fresh air compared to the conservative QBs he played with while on the Bills.

Brian Daboll will probably be here at least another year, if not more.  He hasn't shown enough that others around the league will take notice at this point.

I'm sure Daboll knows Josh is a gunslinger and there is a fair amount of risk with him that is ingrained.  I think Daboll is trying to eliminate the "stupid" risks when nothing is there, which leads to interceptions.  Josh's accuracy on the long ball is not good right now, so he probably should be looking at somewhat shorter routes.

Let’s stop pretending  Daboll wouldn’t leave for a head coaching opportunity.  This isn’t the patriots he isn’t saying “nope I’m not ready yet”. You never know if your gonna get a chance again. He is outa here if he gets offered a HC job. 

Edited by Estelle Getty

...another positive for the Deadskins (DIS) organization for Daboll to ponder......George's kid is Danny's empty suit..........

Love, Hate and why I'm done with Bruce Allen

Matthew BerryESPN Senior Writer

As you might imagine, especially given my position, I have heard it my entire life.

It's been yelled at me, tweeted at me, asked pointedly to me on radio and TV shows, and it's been an accusation I've gotten from a few of my current co-workers.

Fantasy football ruins the game.

I remember former NFL quarterback Jake "The Snake" Plummer talking to ESPN about fantasy football. "I think it has ruined the game," he replied. "There are no true fans anymore. ... If I lost a game ... no Denver [Broncos] fan was mad because I lost, but happy because I threw three TDs."

Former NFL coach Todd Haley, a true football guy, told Peter King, "It's anti-team. The way fans looked at what we did on offense was so fantasy football-driven."

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/TMRlovehate191010/matthew-berry-love-hate-fantasy-football-picks-sleepers-busts-week-6

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

3 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Brian Daboll will probably be here at least another year, if not more.  He hasn't shown enough that others around the league will take notice at this point.

I'm sure Daboll knows Josh is a gunslinger and there is a fair amount of risk with him that is ingrained.  I think Daboll is trying to eliminate the "stupid" risks when nothing is there, which leads to interceptions.  Josh's accuracy on the long ball is not good right now, so he probably should be looking at somewhat shorter routes.

The decision makers in the NFL never cease to surprise. I bet most fans didnt think McVay or anyone from his tree were ready or known yet. But they all have HC jobs now. Did anyone think Tomlin showed enough before he landed the Steelers job?

I'm not arguing against you, and I'd love to see him stay. But there is a dirth of HC options, and everyone is hot on Offensive minds, so I wouldnt rule it out completely.

Besides Washington, I could see Denver as an option if Elway retires and they clean house. If Atlanta wants to switch to an Offensive coach and not re-tread any of the old HCs on their current staff, I could see that as a spot too.

8 hours ago, WhoTom said:

When your players have enough talent and experience, you can run an offense that says, "Here's what we're going to do; try to stop us."

We're not there yet, so his "system" is:

• be unpredictable
  • maximize the offense's strengths
  • minimize the offense's deficiencies
  • exploit the opposing defense's weaknesses.

I get that, but unpredictability is the only area I actually see. I don’t think Daboll really has maximized the offense’s strengths, or masked deficiencies. He hasn’t called this offense consistent with the fact that we have an elite defense with a young QB. The run game and high percentage short passing games are crucial with an elite defense. I see too much of an emphasis on establishing the passing game at times when the running game needs to be used.

Josh Allen is not ready to consistently take over games at this point in his career. Our offense needs to be a team effort, and sometimes it feels like our play calling is placing too much on Allen’s shoulders imo. Daboll began the season by having Allen throw on 17 consecutive plays against the Jets. That’s absolutely absurd for any team that doesn’t have Brees, Brady, or Mahomes. Eventually incorporating Singletary helped us crawl back into that game. 

Edited by SirAndrew