Bills Wire suggests Daboll a candidate for the Redskins opening.

7 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...maybe this will discourage him.............

LaVar Arrington: Root of the issue in Washington is ownership

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 9, 2019, 5:54 AM EDT

Washington has fired another coach in Jay Gruden, but one former player says the problem with the team is that you can’t fire the owner.

LaVar Arrington, a linebacker who was selected by Washington with the second overall pick in 2000, played there six years and later covered the team as a broadcaster, said on FS1 that Dan Snyder is to blame.

The root of the issue is ownership,” Arrington said.

Arrington said the culture in Washington breeds players who resent Snyder.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/09/lavar-arrington-root-of-the-issue-in-washington-is-ownership/

From linked page: 

Rex Ryan: I would take the Washington job

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/09/rex-ryan-i-would-take-the-washington-job/?__twitter_impression=true

Ryan makes a good point: For all the talk that coaches wouldn’t want to work for Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen, the reality is there are only 32 NFL head-coaching jobs. There are many, many more people who want to be NFL head coaches than there are available jobs and beggars can’t be choosers.

I actually suggested in one of the coach fired threads since his brother is there.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

From linked page: 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/09/rex-ryan-i-would-take-the-washington-job/?__twitter_impression=true

I actually suggested in one of the coach fired threads since his brother is there.

....LMAO......Snyder, Wrecks and Rob..........Moe, Larry & Curly......hell rename FedEx Stadium... to...."Golden Corral Stadium"......

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PIZ said:

Some guys are TOP coordinators, but that doesn't mean they will be good NFL head coaches.  There are some mediocre coordinators that went on to become great NFL coaches.  It takes a different kind of person to go from coordinator to head coach. 

Dick LeBeau perfect example.  Perhaps best D coordinator in recent NFL history.  Not as great as HC.  I’d say a coordinator needs to be better with the x and o’s and the HC as a coach admin. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I need this train wreck in my life.  Please make this happen and please let him hire his utterly worthless DC brother.  I have friends who are Redskin fans that I can’t wait to run this in.  

One of them bet me straight up $100 that Redskins would have a better record than the Bills.  Same guy also bet me and took the under another $100 on 6 wins for the Bills.  He kept saying he didn’t know how many wins the skins would get, but probably would be 8 or 9 and that he did know that was more than 5 the Bills were going to win.  

I was like I’m sure and knew it would be the easiest $200 I’ve ever made.  

...LMAO....he's already there......Inside LB Coach......whatever the hell that is.......either you're THE LB Coach or no.......maybe the "inside job" comes with free meals......Snyder could end up in Chapter 11.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1

I will bet money on Daboll or Frazier not getting head coaching job.  Daboll’s resume is pretty crappy and he would be Freddie Kitchens. Frazier is basically bringing Jauron back. 

And in a way, I admire how delusional Rex is.  He probably looks in the mirror and seems himself all jacked. 

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

From linked page: 

Really no big surprise. Rex likes to coach. Get all of the boys back together.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I will bet money on Daboll or Frazier not getting head coaching job.  Daboll’s resume is pretty crappy and he would be Freddie Kitchens. Frazier is basically bringing Jauron back. 

And in a way, I admire how delusional Rex is.  He probably looks in the mirror and seems himself all jacked. 

Vic Fangio got a HC offer as a defensive minded coach. Not that it’s working out, but it isn’t completely crazy Frazier gets a look. 

8 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Both Daboll and Frazier are going to be talked about as HC spots start to open up. 

I think it is a year too early for Daboll at this point. But Frazier I do expect to get interviews and serious consideration for teams 

I read the article today about Frazier.  One interesting part was how he (and McD and Ron Rivera) all coached in Philly together and part of their philosophy was to keep things simple.  Exactly the opposite of Rex and his defense.

Rex was supposedly the defensive genius  and for a number of years he did look pretty good.  Then teams figured him out, so he added some twists, but that when I think he lost it as his system became too complicated for most players to execute.

53 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO....he's already there......Inside LB Coach......whatever the hell that is.......either you're THE LB Coach or no.......maybe the "inside job" comes with free meals......Snyder could end up in Chapter 11.....

WAIT WHAT!?!?!?!?  Are you saying someone other than stupid Rex actually gave Rob a job????

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA Redskins are terrible LMAO

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

WAIT WHAT!?!?!?!?  Are you saying someone other than stupid Rex actually gave Rob a job????

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA Redskins are terrible LMAO

It’s come to the point that only Ryans will take coaching jobs with Washington, they gotta have some cousins to round out the staff, right? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Daboll being considered for a HC job and AJ Green for 1st is just as crazy as asking if Alabama could beat Miami.  I guess this is the bye week. 

58 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Jeez....the Redskins is maybe the worst HC spot in the league.

Only take it if you're desperate.

People thought the same thing of Buffalo in early 2017. 

The thing of it is that there ate only 32 of these jobs in the whole world.   Many would love to take a shot at being a HC.

Edited by BillsfaninSB
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, timekills17 said:

If Bill Belichick was only evaluated for his first HC job at Cleveland based on win-loss then we'd be a much happier fanbase right now.

Marv Levy too, but you don't see the usual white guys recycled from HC position to HC position without having had any success at their previous stops too much anymore (all due respect to Adam Gase)

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Jeez....the Redskins is maybe the worst HC spot in the league.

Only take it if you're desperate.

It it was a good job then they wouldn't have an opening at HC. Someone needs to go there and turn it around.

4 hours ago, billykay said:

nobody ever likes the OC.

Agree, but my issue with Daboll is the fact that I don’t see what his “system” is. This offense lacks an identity, and that falls on the OC. It’s early in the season, and that could easily change, but I’d like to see more consistency with what he’s trying to do. I’m alright with a guy either succeeding or failing with his system. What I don’t like in an OC is someone who doesn’t appear to have a vision for his offense. Daboll has failed at every stop as OC, and he hasn’t done enough to prove it was a fluke. 

Edited by SirAndrew