Bills Wire suggests Daboll a candidate for the Redskins opening.

Lots of posts in here scoffing at and dismissing the idea that are going to lead to surprised/disappointed Bills fans.

Losing coordinators is a symptom of being good. The Bills are 4-1 right now, and HC spots are starting to open up. The young McVay tree has already been picked bare. Not many other places to go.

Daboll to Washington, Frazier to... Atlanta. I could totally see happening from both sides.

Being a HC is the ultimate dream for just about every guy on every staff (except maybe Wade Phillips and previously Dick Labeau). Folks can reference McDaniels staying in New England, but he already left once and I believe is only staying because he has been promised the spot as Belichick's inevitable successor.

I might be able to believe Frazier isnt into it, but he's only 60 and might want to give it one last shot and have one last pay day before retiring.

I fully expect Daboll to jump at any chance he gets, and dont fault him for it. Even with a terrible owner situation like Washington.

Maybe Pegula could offer Daboll a raise and pay him closer to HC wages. But I think title, prestige, and power go a long way with these guys. At least one will be gone this offseason.

Sometimes coordinators leave for the glory of being a HC and derail their careers for years.  Mike Pettine was a really good DC for the Bills who left to become the HC of the hopeless Browns.  He was fired of course because no one could win there, then.  He's been back on the road as a DC ever since, doing a great job, but I don't know who might take another chance on him as HC.

I've been worried more about Frazier leaving at the end of the year, than about the loss of any D player.  Lorax might retire, but everyone else seems like they'll be around unless replaced by an upgrade. 

Daboll hasn't proven himself to be ready as a HC.  And as an OC, his record here isn't very stellar. The O is a lot better than last year but that's partly due to better personnel.  His schemes generally work and I think the Bills will really come into their own as the D continues to play lights out, and the O improves through the year.  Some team might take a chance with him but I doubt it.  I'd love to see him stick around and establish his system for several years.  Look what the continuity of Frazier on D has resulted in.

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

A match made in... well.. definitely not heaven. and even hell seems too cool for these guys. Would love to see it tho.

I'm pretty sure the Skins need a professional coach.  Ixnay on Wrecks.

5 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

I often find myself being frustrated with Daboll. What’s his offense averaging? Can’t be more than 16 points per game this year. On many of his series I find myself frustrated with his play calling. This team is winning right now because of the defense, not Daboll’s play calling. Call me crazy, but I don’t view him as being a big loss at this point in time. 

nobody ever likes the OC.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Are you a Washington fan?

Absolutely not.  I think Snyder is a disaster, and when I lived in DC I found the arrogance of the Skins fans annoying.  But I am Wrecks hater and I never want to see that bozo working again.

Just now, Utah John said:

Absolutely not.  I think Snyder is a disaster, and when I lived in DC I found the arrogance of the Skins fans annoying.  But I am Wrecks hater and I never want to see that bozo working again.

Same, but that's why I think he and Snyder dragging each other down is much more... fitting, than letting Rex earn easy money as an ESPN analyst.

Put those two aholes in a room together and let them smell each others farts for all I care. :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, Utah John said:

He's working at ESPN and collecting money from the Pegulas. I'd rather see him coach in DC, where he'll make a fool of himself again, but this time on Snyder's payroll. Win-win.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They deserve each other 

I need this train wreck in my life.  Please make this happen and please let him hire his utterly worthless DC brother.  I have friends who are Redskin fans that I can’t wait to rub this in.  

One of them bet me straight up $100 that Redskins would have a better record than the Bills.  Same guy also bet me and took the under another $100 on 6 wins for the Bills.  He kept saying he didn’t know how many wins the skins would get, but probably would be 8 or 9 and that he did know that was more than 5 the Bills were going to win.  

I was like I’m sure and knew it would be the easiest $200 I’ve ever made.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Daboll was asked this point blank a while back and, at the time, stated he wanted to see this through to completion (meaning SB). 

I hope he he was being honest. There is an article in the Rochester D & C this morning about the fact that he’s put in 166 different alignments this year with the next closest being SD at 129. 

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/10/08/buffalo-bills-offense-remains-work-progress-josh-allen-matures-bye-week/3901105002/

I like what he’s doing. 

No wonder Josh looks bad. It also confirms my suspicion of him trying to be too clever. Take a note from the defense. Simplify. Beat the guy across from you. You've got a guy in Josh that can adlib and I feel like he should be afforded at least a little space to do that.