Bills Wire suggests Daboll a candidate for the Redskins opening.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....but, but Tomlin was the rumor candidate....BIGGER "ha ha" bud......:thumbsup:...........

Personally, I would be happier about the SB wining coach who’s never had a losing season (might change this year) than a guy who’s never been a head coach and has had mostly bottom offenses.

overall, I think Daboll has done a decent job with Allen but it would downright depressed if my favorite team hired him as a head coach. 

34 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Exactly. Plays have been there and missed by Allen and others. It seems whenever an offense has issues, some fans resort to “ play calling “ as being the problem. It’s a false association, ie it didn’t work so you should have called the other thing blah blah blah. Aside from a couple questionable moments ( calling a second straight QB sneak on 4th and longer than a yard for example) Daboll has had a pretty good feel with his calls. Unless you have a clueless Dennison style run, run, pass scenario, play calling is the most overused cliche “ problem” in the book. It’s generally a lazy complaint. 

Great post, but never let it be said TBD lacks football experts ready to pounce on drama when provided the chance!

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Personally, I would be happier about the SB wining coach who’s never had a losing season (might change this year) than a guy who’s never been a head coach and has had mostly bottom offenses.

overall, I think Daboll has done a decent job with Allen but it would downright depressed if my favorite team hired him as a head coach. 

......I'm AGREEING with you......the chuckle was why would Tomlin go to THAT clown show when he continues to be employed in one of the most consistent organizations in the NFL?...

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

You'd have to be some kind of stupid to actually want the HC job in Washington.  Dan Snyder is a coach killer.  

I remember when, before Rex, after we had a few disasters as HC the Buffalo job was not wanted.  This is going to be 1000X worse for Washington in trying to fill their position!

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, vincec said:

Frazier had a shot and it didn't work out so I don't know why anyone would look at him differently from guys like Jim Schwartz, Wade Phillips, Steve Wilks, etc. etc.

If Bill Belichick was only evaluated for his first HC job at Cleveland based on win-loss then we'd be a much happier fanbase right now.

3 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Daboll was asked this point blank a while back and, at the time, stated he wanted to see this through to completion (meaning SB). 

I hope he he was being honest. There is an article in the Rochester D & C this morning about the fact that he’s put in 166 different alignments this year with the next closest being SD at 129. 

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/10/08/buffalo-bills-offense-remains-work-progress-josh-allen-matures-bye-week/3901105002/

I like what he’s doing. 

I'm not sure that it is a question of honesty. You can't expect to be successful in the OC role if you are telling people that you are ready to accept a HC job. He gave the answer that was appropriate.

Daboll seems pragmatic though. He wont rush things. If reputational trends continue Daboll will be able to choose the right opportunity. Redskins ownership is generally regarded poorly. Jumping ship for the wrong opportunity is never good. You don't want to repeat the mistake Pettine made going to the Browns in '14.

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Frazier is a great DC but I’m not sure he would make a good HC. I really don’t want Frazier leaving and I would consider making him the highest paid DC so he stays. Frazier is a big reason this secondary is one of the best. Frazier is also a huge reason our young players on defense are developing so quickly. 

Daboll seems like he would try to be a HC but I also don’t think he would be a good HC. I think both of our coordinators are fine right where they are.

Wasn’t Frazier the HC in Minnesota a while back ??

Some guys are TOP coordinators, but that doesn't mean they will be good NFL head coaches.  There are some mediocre coordinators that went on to become great NFL coaches.  It takes a different kind of person to go from coordinator to head coach. 

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Outside of Pettine...when have we lost a coordinator to a HC job?  Marchibroda?

I'm sure if our defense continues, Leslie Frazier will get some consideration too.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/09/could-buffalo-bills-brian-daboll-be-redskins-next-coach/

One would have to be VERY desperate to take that job.  There is almost no chance to succeed.

33 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

......I'm AGREEING with you......the chuckle was why would Tomlin go to THAT clown show when he continues to be employed in one of the most consistent organizations in the NFL?...

Seriously - the rumors of him going to DC are too stupid to have even been acknowledged.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Putin said:

He was and he finished 21-32-1. With the lack of quality coaching around the NFL today I would think he would get another look. At the helm of a great defense for two years and has previous HC experience. Although the hot trend these days seems to be a young coach that with a certain stretch of the imagination can be called a QB guru or “the next McVay”

51 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Haha, gotcha. Reading is hard.  

While we still have some ways to go, it’s nice to be consider a joke like Washington. 

2 hours ago, Putin said:

He was the intern and the next year he was HC. I think he is one of those DC’s that is a much better coordination than a HC. Dan Quinn and Fangio fall into the same category, very good DC who are better suited to stay coordinators. 

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TroutDog said:

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Outside of Pettine...when have we lost a coordinator to a HC job?  Marchibroda?

I'm sure if our defense continues, Leslie Frazier will get some consideration too.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/09/could-buffalo-bills-brian-daboll-be-redskins-next-coach/

Anthony Lynn?

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He was the intern and the next year he was HC. I think he is one of those DC’s that is a much better coordination than a HC. Dan Quinn and Fangio fall into the same category, very good DC who a better suited to stay coordinators. 

Frazier was the HC in Minnesota for three and a half years (2010-2013).  In 54 games, he had a 21-32-1 record.  

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I get that there's only 32 of these jobs on the planet.  I still think you're nuts for wanting to take the job in DC.

Yeah. I agree. I don't know what coordinators make... but say he's making a million here, and he gets offered 5 million to be the Head Coach in Washington? 

I get that the Washington job is not the greatest...but how do you turn that down?