Bills Wire suggests Daboll a candidate for the Redskins opening.

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

In the NFL head coaching world, Washington is a losers job, it really can’t be argued, even if you get large millions annually, your still a loser for taking the job, and everyone knows it. It is a career killer job, of the HCs that have been fired in Washington who has gotten a HC gig afterwards ?

The HC will never have final say on anything.  Snyder will make final decisions on everything.  I would hate to be a HC there.

2 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

I often find myself being frustrated with Daboll. What’s his offense averaging? Can’t be more than 16 points per game this year. On many of his series I find myself frustrated with his play calling. This team is winning right now because of the defense, not Daboll’s play calling. Call me crazy, but I don’t view him as being a big loss at this point in time. 

I don’t know if you noticed but we are actually moving the ball pretty well , Allen made some bad decisions by turning the ball over you want to blame Daboll for that ? BTW we are a TOP 10 offense in YPG !!! 

Edited by Putin

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Outside of Pettine...when have we lost a coordinator to a HC job?  Marchibroda?

I'm sure if our defense continues, Leslie Frazier will get some consideration too.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/09/could-buffalo-bills-brian-daboll-be-redskins-next-coach/

this would fit the current trend of hiring offensive minded head coaches.  But I think Daniel Snyder would want to make a bigger splash

37 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Florio keeps trying to make Tomlin to Washington a thing and there is absolutly no way that happens.

IF Pittsburgh decides to move on (highly unlikely) Tomlin will be in high demand and Washington will not be a strong consideration from Mr Tomlin

Agreed.  Hard to take Tomlin to Washington seriously, don't think it will happen.

Tomlin probably does return to Pittsburgh with the injury to Big Ben.  Next year could be key for him, Tomlin was just extended through 2021.

Daboll is the OC of his hometown team - a team on the rise with what appears to be an up-and-coming franchise QB. That's gotta be an attractive force.

On the other hand, Washington is a team in disarray with an unknown quantity at QB and a meddling owner. There's just as much repulsive force in that as there is an attractive force to stay in Buffalo.

I had a colleague who interviewed for a middle management position when our employer was in disarray, much like the 'skins are now. I suggested he not take the job, considering the people in upper management were losers. He said, "Yeah, but when will a gig like this become available again?" I said, "I'd guess in a year or so." Against my advice, he took the job. He was let go about a year later.

Frazier is a great DC but I’m not sure he would make a good HC. I really don’t want Frazier leaving and I would consider making him the highest paid DC so he stays. Frazier is a big reason this secondary is one of the best. Frazier is also a huge reason our young players on defense are developing so quickly. 

Daboll seems like he would try to be a HC but I also don’t think he would be a good HC. I think both of our coordinators are fine right where they are.

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Daboll isn't getting any HC jobs... like come on guys.  This offense is still bad.  Just not bad enough to ruin these amazing games by our D.

it’ll improve to middle of the pack, at least, after these next three games.

2 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

I often find myself being frustrated with Daboll. What’s his offense averaging? Can’t be more than 16 points per game this year. On many of his series I find myself frustrated with his play calling. This team is winning right now because of the defense, not Daboll’s play calling. Call me crazy, but I don’t view him as being a big loss at this point in time. 

Really, he has a lot to prove yet as an NFL OC. He has been OC for 3 teams now and his offenses have ranked 29th, 31st, 20th, 32nd and 30th. So, I don't see how anyone can see him as a hot offensive guru that you want to make a HC, like Sean McVay. He's going to have to build something really good here before he gets a shot, IMO.

Frazier had a shot and it didn't work out so I don't know why anyone would look at him differently from guys like Jim Schwartz, Wade Phillips, Steve Wilks, etc. etc.

Edited by vincec

17 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I live in the D.C. area.  Snyder can't sell Brian Daboll to this fanbase.  No way it'll be him.

I doubt Snyder will be able to sell anyone to the Redskin fan base; they're tired of him and are skeptical of anything he says or does.  A number of the fans I know stopped paying attention to the Redskins.  They're paying more attention to the Nats and Caps.

I hope none of the Bills coaches get an interview this coming off season. I would like to see the Bills have some continuity for a little while and see what the Bills can look like with the same players and coaches in a system for several years. That being said I wouldnt blame either of them for  leaving for a head coaching gig. 

2 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Hahahahaha yes every Bills coach always a candidate.

That isn't Dabolls fault. His play calling has been excellent, Josh and the other guys execution of said plays if the problem.

The offense isn't doing worse b.c of Dabolls good play calling.

Exactly. Plays have been there and missed by Allen and others. It seems whenever an offense has issues, some fans resort to “ play calling “ as being the problem. It’s a false association, ie it didn’t work so you should have called the other thing blah blah blah. Aside from a couple questionable moments ( calling a second straight QB sneak on 4th and longer than a yard for example) Daboll has had a pretty good feel with his calls. Unless you have a clueless Dennison style run, run, pass scenario, play calling is the most overused cliche “ problem” in the book. It’s generally a lazy complaint. 

2 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Fraziers HC tenure at Minn wasn't a success.  Somebody would need to want to try him again.  

Funny how lack of success in their first HC stints didn't hold back guys like Adam Gase, Mike Mularkey, and Pat Shurmur...

Edited by mannc

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

Funny how lack of success in their first HC stints didn't hold back guys like Adam Gase, Mike Mularkey, and Pat Shurmur...

Just goes to show you, that team owners aren’t always good decision makers when it comes to making a successful football team, just look at that group of coaches you listed, proof enough imo.

Go Bills!!!