Bills Wire suggests Daboll a candidate for the Redskins opening.

30 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Uh huh.

They're currently 12th in offense and should be top 10 after the Fins game...

They are tied for 26th in points scored.  No one cares how many yards they accumulate.

Daboll won't be offered that job, of all people---although it would be a very Redskins move.

56 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I often find myself being frustrated with Daboll. What’s his offense averaging? Can’t be more than 16 points per game this year. On many of his series I find myself frustrated with his play calling. This team is winning right now because of the defense, not Daboll’s play calling. Call me crazy, but I don’t view him as being a big loss at this point in time. 

I do call you crazy. Daboll more often then not puts players in a position to succeed through a myriad of alignments, motion, and creative play-calling. Think of the toss/jet-sweep to McKenzie on the Bills game winning drive. The Bills middling PPG average is due to lack of execution and top-end talent to complement the defense. We'll see what happens before the trade deadline.

58 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I often find myself being frustrated with Daboll. What’s his offense averaging? Can’t be more than 16 points per game this year. On many of his series I find myself frustrated with his play calling. This team is winning right now because of the defense, not Daboll’s play calling. Call me crazy, but I don’t view him as being a big loss at this point in time. 

It’s not really Daboll’s fault, but rather the execution- usually JA missing on the deep ball, not seeing open receivers, receivers not catching the ball, or the line not blocking on a particular play...

Man i hope not given the fact that Josh has a good relationship with Dabol & that having the same scheme is paramount to a young QB's development ! 

If there is a change it could hold Josh back in some instances which could put him in a long line of Bills QB's that have taken a very different & winding road to the trash heap & i hope that's not what happens because it looks like the Bills may have a good chance of him developing into the guy they have been in search of since Kelly's retirement .

Not to mention Josh seems to fit the exact type to be a Bills player on & off the field !! 

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Isn't it also the identify of a good coach to see what works and put his players in position to make plays and not the other way around.

Yea which is why you don't see him doing the same thing all the time. The sweep with the TE was a first and got copied by SF. They have been using different things and I don't see much of what doesn't work in there. I see something's where it does work but Josh didn't do the right thing or the WR didn't catch it.

You don't take those out you keep working on it till it works.

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

I realize there are only 32 HC jobs in the world and, in order to coach at this level at all, these guys have pretty hefty egos. However, anyone who thinks about taking that job without strongly considering the ownership and upper management disaster that team has been for so long is just being foolish.  

This is precisely how I see this. The only reason you'd take a HC post in DC is if you are certain it would be your only shot at that position.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

This is precisely how I see this. The only reason you'd take a HC post in DC is if you are certain it would be your only shot at that position.

.....I'd "rather be shot" versus "taking THAT shot".......Snyder is a Jurrah clone or at least he thinks he is...more money than football brains......

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

You'd have to be some kind of stupid to actually want the HC job in Washington.  Dan Snyder is a coach killer.  

I mean, theres 32 of these jobs in the world. Someone will take it. But if I had an opportunity to stay in a stable situation like here in Buffalo or go work for Snyder, I think I'll stay

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...maybe this will discourage him.............

LaVar Arrington: Root of the issue in Washington is ownership

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 9, 2019, 5:54 AM EDT

Washington has fired another coach in Jay Gruden, but one former player says the problem with the team is that you can’t fire the owner.

LaVar Arrington, a linebacker who was selected by Washington with the second overall pick in 2000, played there six years and later covered the team as a broadcaster, said on FS1 that Dan Snyder is to blame.

The root of the issue is ownership,” Arrington said.

Arrington said the culture in Washington breeds players who resent Snyder.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/09/lavar-arrington-root-of-the-issue-in-washington-is-ownership/

Not a winning formula with Snyder at the helm. Just breeds a culture of mediocrity and resentment. Arrington should know.

52 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Everyone will be linked to the Redskins coaching position until it is filled.  Internal candidates are being discussed, Mike Tomlin is supposedly on Snyder's radar, now Daboll.  Probably just take it all with a grain of salt because no one will want to go to Washington.

Florio keeps trying to make Tomlin to Washington a thing and there is absolutly no way that happens.

IF Pittsburgh decides to move on (highly unlikely) Tomlin will be in high demand and Washington will not be a strong consideration from Mr Tomlin

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

Daboll was asked this point blank a while back and, at the time, stated he wanted to see this through to completion (meaning SB). 

I hope he he was being honest. There is an article in the Rochester D & C this morning about the fact that he’s put in 166 different alignments this year with the next closest being SD at 129. 

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/10/08/buffalo-bills-offense-remains-work-progress-josh-allen-matures-bye-week/3901105002/

I like what he’s doing. 

I agree. I wish coaches wouldn't jump around so much... but if he gets an offer to be a HC for four or five times the money that he's making here, I can't blame the guy for jumping at it.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I mean, theres 32 of these jobs in the world. Someone will take it. But if I had an opportunity to stay in a stable situation like here in Buffalo or go work for Snyder, I think I'll stay

I get that there's only 32 of these jobs on the planet.  I still think you're nuts for wanting to take the job in DC.

In the NFL head coaching world, Washington is a losers job, it really can’t be argued, even if you get large millions annually, your still a loser for taking the job, and everyone knows it. It is a career killer job, of the HCs that have been fired in Washington who has gotten a HC gig afterwards ?

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Outside of Pettine...when have we lost a coordinator to a HC job?  Marchibroda?

I'm sure if our defense continues, Leslie Frazier will get some consideration too.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/09/could-buffalo-bills-brian-daboll-be-redskins-next-coach/

Daboll was saddled with bad situations for most of his OC career prior to Buffalo.  It took him a long time to work his way back to NFL OC as a result.  I seriously doubt he will look at the Redskins job as desirable.  Even with a young QB to work with in Haskins, that organization is horribly run from the top down.

Daboll knows very well that if Bills keep winning he will be a hot candidate and will have better choices available to him soon enough.  I think there is little chance Daboll will take the Redskins job given the trajectory of the Bills right now likely creating much better openings soon enough.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Outside of Pettine...when have we lost a coordinator to a HC job?  Marchibroda?

I'm sure if our defense continues, Leslie Frazier will get some consideration too.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/09/could-buffalo-bills-brian-daboll-be-redskins-next-coach/

Anthony Lynn. 

• Like (+1) 1