Bills Wire suggests Daboll a candidate for the Redskins opening.

Both Daboll and Frazier are going to be talked about as HC spots start to open up. 

I think it is a year too early for Daboll at this point. But Frazier I do expect to get interviews and serious consideration for teams 

• Like (+1) 4

Daboll was asked this point blank a while back and, at the time, stated he wanted to see this through to completion (meaning SB). 

I hope he he was being honest. There is an article in the Rochester D & C this morning about the fact that he’s put in 166 different alignments this year with the next closest being SD at 129. 

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/10/08/buffalo-bills-offense-remains-work-progress-josh-allen-matures-bye-week/3901105002/

I like what he’s doing. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

...maybe this will discourage him.............

LaVar Arrington: Root of the issue in Washington is ownership

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 9, 2019, 5:54 AM EDT

Washington has fired another coach in Jay Gruden, but one former player says the problem with the team is that you can’t fire the owner.

LaVar Arrington, a linebacker who was selected by Washington with the second overall pick in 2000, played there six years and later covered the team as a broadcaster, said on FS1 that Dan Snyder is to blame.

The root of the issue is ownership,” Arrington said.

Arrington said the culture in Washington breeds players who resent Snyder.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/09/lavar-arrington-root-of-the-issue-in-washington-is-ownership/

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I often find myself being frustrated with Daboll. What’s his offense averaging? Can’t be more than 16 points per game this year. On many of his series I find myself frustrated with his play calling. This team is winning right now because of the defense, not Daboll’s play calling. Call me crazy, but I don’t view him as being a big loss at this point in time. 

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Hahahahaha yes every Bills coach always a candidate.

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

I often find myself being frustrated with Daboll. What’s his offense averaging? Can’t be more than 16 points per game this year. On many of his series I find myself frustrated with his play calling as well. This team is winning right now because of the defense, not Daboll’s play calling. Call me crazy, but I don’t view him as being a big loss at this point in time. 

That isn't Dabolls fault. His play calling has been excellent, Josh and the other guys execution of said plays if the problem.

The offense isn't doing worse b.c of Dabolls good play calling.

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I often find myself being frustrated with Daboll. What’s his offense averaging? Can’t be more than 16 points per game this year. On many of his series I find myself frustrated with his play calling. This team is winning right now because of the defense, not Daboll’s play calling. Call me crazy, but I don’t view him as being a big loss at this point in time. 

18 points a game. But on a side note you want Allen to keep progressing? You want Daboll to stay.  Allen went from inaccurate talking point to leading the NFL in completion percentage in intermediate routes with over 80%

• Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Hahahahaha yes every Bills coach always a candidate.

That isn't Dabolls fault. His play calling has been excellent, Josh and the other guys execution of said plays if the problem.

The offense isn't doing worse b.c of Dabolls good play calling.

Isn't it also the identify of a good coach to see what works and put his players in position to make plays and not the other way around.

Daboll and Frazier will be mentioned for HC gigs, but it doesn't mean that either will take them. Washington is a toxic wasteland right now. I don't know who would take that job to be honest. You would have to work hand in hand with Allen first off, who is a complete dumb***. Second, you have a meddling owner who can't keep his hands out of the personnel decisions and is buddy, buddy with the other guy you're working hand in hand with. 

Tangential to this, and I know even this won't make good candidates with good opportunities (which Washington isn't) stay, is having very rich owners.  I like it quite a bit.

Very rich owners who don't have a problem making their HC, OCs and GM some of, if not the highest paid at their posts in the league to get them to stay.  This, and paying for brand new state of the art training facilities that players and coaches appreciate. 

I am not saying they should...I am just saying it is a nice option.

As opposed to (RIP Ralph, a great owner who kept the team here) Ralph Wilson telling us in a press conferences that he has to sell one of his paintings to keep one of his star players here.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

Should this be true vs rumor, in the end money talks. BUT it’s the Skins, and their owner and environment are both toxic as hell, maybe our guys have to much pride, and don’t want to be in that cesspool. We shall see. At this time I suspect it’s just the rumor mill churning away as usual.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I realize there are only 32 HC jobs in the world and, in order to coach at this level at all, these guys have pretty hefty egos. However, anyone who thinks about taking that job without strongly considering the ownership and upper management disaster that team has been for so long is just being foolish.