Role Players Vs. Game changers

Conlan93

With the trade deadline approaching, and our bills siting a top the AFC wild card race at 4-1 and a very favorable schedule ahead. Is it the time to take a chance...... We sit with here with a compfortable amount of draft assets and the 4th most cap space heading into the 2020 off-season 89 million to be exact. When looking at this team our offense will be the Achilles heal to us making a deep playoff push. With a offense that has quality nfl role players on the outside and in the backfield and gunslinging QB that is not mistake free just yet. It may be time to risk assets for a player that would be a game changer! Getting a playmaker at RB or WR is what we need to have sustainable success on offense to beat our division foe. Melvin Gordon and A.J Green come to mind. This team needs a game changer on offense someone for allen to count on in those big game situations to limit his mistakes. The current players and coaching staff may believe that this is the team that can get over the hump and win a playoff game. I believe this team needs to prioritize on making a move to get that game changer to help expedite the offense and get this season into full gear and keep up with NFL offenses. Hoping for big news this week to get a game changer and having that happen during a bye week is even better. Because it gives a little extra time to get that player accumulated to our playbook so he can be ready against miami! Even if it is a rental player you will get a comp pick worse comes to worse! Beane pull the trigger lets get this offense rolling. 

"Bye Week Blues"

Redskins this week confirmed that they won't be trading Trent Williams this season. He will have to sit. He can come back by week 10 to earn his salary ....but it ain't happening. 

He's the one that would put us over the top but it ain't happening. Pairing the two Sooners (him & Ford) would be a dream on the left side with Mitch, John F & Dion.

AJ Green would probably cost too much and besides, I REALLY like our receivers right now 1-6!

Edited by r00tabaga
  • Like (+1) 1

Interested in what Singletary brings to Offense when he gets back.   Can he bring a Kamara impact on offense on a regular basis.?

Personally don't see OBD making a deal for a star OLine or WR before deadline

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Conlan93 said:

With the trade deadline approaching, and our bills siting a top the AFC wild card race at 4-1 and a very favorable schedule ahead. Is it the time to take a chance...... We sit with here with a compfortable amount of draft assets and the 4th most cap space heading into the 2020 off-season 89 million to be exact. When looking at this team our offense will be the Achilles heal to us making a deep playoff push. With a offense that has quality nfl role players on the outside and in the backfield and gunslinging QB that is not mistake free just yet. It may be time to risk assets for a player that would be a game changer! Getting a playmaker at RB or WR is what we need to have sustainable success on offense to beat our division foe. Melvin Gordon and A.J Green come to mind. This team needs a game changer on offense someone for allen to count on in those big game situations to limit his mistakes. The current players and coaching staff may believe that this is the team that can get over the hump and win a playoff game. I believe this team needs to prioritize on making a move to get that game changer to help expedite the offense and get this season into full gear and keep up with NFL offenses. Hoping for big news this week to get a game changer and having that happen during a bye week is even better. Because it gives a little extra time to get that player accumulated to our playbook so he can be ready against miami! Even if it is a rental player you will get a comp pick worse comes to worse! Beane pull the trigger lets get this offense rolling. 

Singletary already on team and cost controlled so RB taken care of once healthy. 

I still don’t get the Love for a Oft injured old WR, who is currently injured with No word on anywhere near practicing. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

AJ Green's best days may be behind him, and who knows when/if he's going to return. 

Melvin Gordon is an above average back.  I wouldn't really consider him a game-changer.

I don't believe our problem on offense is the "lack" of a player like Green.  

We have 9 new starters on offense, and one of our returning players is a second-year QB with only 16 starts to his name.  The team has been moving the ball well at times, but is stalling out mostly due to turnovers, sacks, drops and penalties.  I also believe the coaching staff is getting conservative in the second half of games, mostly because they know our Defense can hold a small lead.

I know there is a temptation among fans to GO FOR IT ALL when their team has the looks of being a playoff contender.  And I think our front office should always be doing due-diligence on obtaining good players.  But our goal should be sustainability and staying competitive for the long haul.  Beane needs to be careful about mortgaging the future on a one-year rental like Green, or handing a big contract to someone like Gordon.  

As Josh Allen continues to gain experience, he (hopefully) will get smarter about the turnovers.  As our O-Line gains some stability, we (hopefully) will get some better blocking.  As everyone on offense gets more comfortable and in rhythm, we (hopefully) will start completing these long drives and will put points on the board.  I have no doubts these offensive players have the capability of putting up 25 points per game.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Singletary already on team and cost controlled so RB taken care of once healthy. 

I still don’t get the Love for a Oft injured old WR, who is currently injured with No word on anywhere near practicing. 

You don't think it would be a good idea to bring in Green so that he and Kroft can hang out together in the trainer's room and re-live their glory days in Cinci?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

"Bye Week Blues"

Redskins this week confirmed that they won't be trading Trent Williams this season. He will have to sit. He can come back by week 10 to earn his salary ....but it ain't happening. 

He's the one that would put us over the top but it ain't happening. Pairing the two Sooners (him & Ford) would be a dream on the left side with Mitch, John F & Dion.

AJ Green would probably cost too much and besides, I REALLY like our receivers right now 1-6!

Williams is aging poorly, often injured and likely hopelessly out of shape at this moment.  Hard pass on that.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, CuseBill said:

You don't think it would be a good idea to bring in Green so that he and Kroft can hang out together in the trainer's room and re-live their glory days in Cinci?

Nope but seem like there is a Huge group of Bills fans that do for some reason. 

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/aj-green/4691

Lot of injuries racking up there late in his career, not add the Low Ankle Sprain (Reported) of this year that currently is keeping him out now almost going on  3 months

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

Build a winning culture, team, and organization with the process and resist temptation to disrupt by trading for "past prime" divas to impact one season; stay on course for the future not a couple of minutes of excitement!

Diggs is the only player I’d want them to give up a large asset for. He’s a healthy talent upgrade, will help Allen develop, under contract, and would fit into long term plans. One year rentals of aging and injured players often don’t pan out. Diggs would be more like the Dallas move for Cooper. 

All that said, this teams talent philosophy appears to be “eliminate weaknesses” over “stack talent”. We’re seeing that play out now. A pro bowler at WR or DE could push us into elite, but it won’t matter if Allen doesn’t improve. Beane and McD are building a roster that doesn’t lose, and will be in the hunt every year with good QB play... it’s a sustainable model assuming Allen keeps improving. 

• Like (+1) 1

Aside from Diggs, I don't see how any of the "rumored trade" players make sense for us.

Even Diggs makes for an interesting discussion as it would give us 7 WR's and I don't think any of us want to see a healthy Duke, Foster or McKenzie inactive or released.

If we make a move, I imagine it will be an out of nowhere deal for a player nobody has been thinking about or a guy like Buccanon, for rotation/depth.

8 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Interested in what Singletary brings to Offense when he gets back.   Can he bring a Kamara impact on offense on a regular basis.?

Personally don't see OBD making a deal for a star OLine or WR before deadline

I think the Singletary Kamara comparison could be spot on.  Lets get an Ingram to pair with him either by Gordon or upcoming draft.  

8 hours ago, hemma said:

If Milano's hamstring is bad, we might see a trade for a LB.

this could be the biggest need besides OL and then WR. 

Allen's turnovers and a lack of pass rush is the achilles heel for this team. 

No additional players will help the turnover issue. That will or will not get better with time and experience.  Better RT play might help.

But the lack of pass rush will ultimately take its toll.  The defense is great bit they are not getting turnovers and short fields for the offense. 

Want to make a move, go get Von Miller and turn him loose opposite Hughes.